View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 4:28 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Have I simply been thrown off by the renderings? Are there three buildings going up or just one? The rendering suggests 3 but I may have read too much into it.

Okay...yeah, I just went back and reviewed old posts but we're just getting one right now. The others are to be developed by private developers. That seems...odd. Why wait or limit the scope of the project? This particular project seems a lot better with all three together rather than a stand-alone. Not my favorite design but actually not too bad after I've taken a better look at it. Nevertheless, why didn't the RFP include proposals for the entire site?
The part of the property with the caveat will have the public market and one mixed-use affordable housing building. Will have one or two floors of space for creative industries, arts groups and galleries. The rest of the property will be put to a private developer RFP. Could be 4-5 other buildings.

The scheme you saw that won is basically unchanged except the tall building has been cut short on a diagonal at the east side to create more visibility and connection to the rest of the site.