View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about liquor sales in the market. You have families taking their children for a skate, next to a bunch of 20 somethings hammering back beers. Seems a bit odd. The Forks isn't Las Vegas. Intriguing concept though.
In talking with them, they've finally come to the realization that if they ever want to stop being a money-losing operation (and they do), they have to cater to the people that are going to spend real money there: 20-somethings and tourists. Sorry, but your 3-year-old's mini doughnuts aren't going to cut it hahaha.

They said it's been an interesting challenge in making sure to maintain all the family aspects, but they really want the 25 year old hipsters to come there more. Makes a lot of sense business-wise. They're also doing this long term thinking about the future development of The Forks. Also, with the new food vendors coming in, they want to be able to offer a unique full-dining experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
^^ Yeah, I here ya, mine is old enough to be in the kind of settinting outlined by Buzz, Not with yougins, we'll see how it all works out and is arranged when it's complete..I'm curious about the liquor license needed to make the entire area drink friendly for ages 1 and up...
Well every sports venue is already like that so it's no different. When the liquor laws changed 2 years ago it eliminated the designation of the need for 18A (lol) lounge spaces. You can go drink and not eat in any restaurant now. It's the combination with retail that's the new part, and they've been working very closely with the LGA on this. It's kind of a pilot project, and if it goes well, you could see a lot more reform come soon. To start, the LGA is only allowing the first floor to be licensed as their worried about liability if people fall down the stairs.

The LC has actually started listing licensee-only liquor products (just last week) as so many places were complaining about the lack of liquor selection, especially with the cocktail boom. In the past they would only bring in a product if they felt they could sell it in store. It's actually impressive how efficient they're becoming.