HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I figured someone would say that and I should have preemptively precised that I was talking about the percentages, not the yearly variation of them. For the yearly variation, yes, city limits isn't THAT bad. (It's just not going to capture variation outside city limits, so San Francisco (City Limits) isn't going to look as good when tech rises, and it isn't going to look as bad when tech crashes, for example).
I still don't think it's misleading in the context that it was presented. The percentages of job applicants in the central cities might not be definitive proof that NY metro is a bigger market than Atlanta metro, but it is definitive proof that there are more job applicants to roles in NYC than there are to roles in the city of Atlanta. So if you're interested in knowing specifically about jobs in the central city then this is good information.

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 8:17 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
As per my post above, San Antonio which is known for having really large city limits is overperforming in this data set, while cities like San Francisco who are a tiny part of the area they anchor, are underperforming on paper with this metric (as grads applying for jobs in Mountain View, Palo Alto or Cupertino simply aren't existing, from this data set's PoV...)
Mountain View, Palo Alto and Cupertino wouldn't be considered San Francisco anyway if they were taking into account metro area as they are all in Santa Clara county; i.e., San Jose.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 4:13 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Abortion crap cleared out.

Proceed.

Last edited by Steely Dan; May 15, 2024 at 4:36 PM.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 7:04 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some of the cities on the list did quite well if we scale it on the basis of population. Job applicants to population ratio. Miami and Tampa in that respect did quite well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions