HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 9:13 PM

Pre-Application Conference Notice for the master plan.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 10:53 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
It would be an amazing influx for the Lloyd District to get 15 new residential buildings.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 11:54 PM

Seriously! I’m so excited to see something finally happening here. This mall has been an albatross to the neighborhood for way, way too long, and I bet Holladay Park would be much more inviting with some housing etc right there rather than parking garages.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 3:20 PM

On the Design Commission agenda for 5/2:

Quote:
Design Advice Request for a new 67,000 SF 2-story Multi-Purpose Event Center at the Lloyd Center. The proposal includes demolishing the former Nordstrom building and removing the NE 9th Avenue skybridge. The proposed building includes a main event space, loading, lobbies, a second-floor mezzanine that overlooks the main event space on the ground level, and will preserve the public plaza adjacent to NE Multnomah Street and the existing basement of the current structure for storage and back of house support areas. Modifications to the Required Building Line & Ground Floor Windows standards may be requested.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 6:21 PM

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 4:21 PM

At a recent Prosper Portland board meeting it was mentioned that they're planning on disposing of the Inn at the Convention Center (which is not in great shape). It's a shame they didn't do it at the height of the market, but better late than never. It's a great site for a high rise development.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 7:05 PM
A before E

Quote:
At a recent Prosper Portland board meeting it was mentioned that they're planning on disposing of the Inn at the Convention Center (which is not in great shape). It's a shame they didn't do it at the height of the market, but better late than never. It's a great site for a high rise development.
A 350ft max bonus height limit for that block would definitely make for a nice addition to the Lloyd District.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:50 PM

Lloyd Event space Drawings [11 MB] and discussion memo.

The drawings also provide an interesting hint as to potential phasing the Lloyd Center redevelopment; other than the event space, new construction would most likely start at the east end of the site.

Old Posted Today, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Lloyd Event space Drawings [11 MB] and discussion memo.

The drawings also provide an interesting hint as to potential phasing the Lloyd Center redevelopment; other than the event space, new construction would most likely start at the east end of the site.
Where do you see info on the phasing for the other portions? I'm missing it.

Question regarding this. Does Portland really need another venue this size? Or will this just serve to cannibalize existing spaces? Local venues are also complaining about the proposed Live Nation on SE Water as well. Does Portland really need TWO new venues?

Or will this space be able to coexist and provide for a need the current spaces can't accommodate (seat count, stage set up, etc)?

Old Posted Today, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post
It's sheets 3.5 to 3.12 - project evolution series of sheets that show the evolution of the full site redevelopment.

Old Posted Today, 4:22 PM

This architectural design feels heavy and sad to me, particularly for an event space. Maybe the interior will be more uplifiting.

Old Posted Today, 5:00 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colossalorder View Post
This architectural design feels heavy and sad to me, particularly for an event space. Maybe the interior will be more uplifiting.
The proposed design makes for a dreary stretch of NE 9th Avenue. The former Nordstrom with the opaque pedestrian bridge overhead created a precedent for dreariness. I hope that the Design Commission insists on a more active ground level with windows along NE 9th Avenue. Considering the footprint of the performance space, I know it will be challenging for the designers to create without squeezing the venue into a smaller footprint.

Old Posted Today, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post

Question regarding this. Does Portland really need another venue this size? Or will this just serve to cannibalize existing spaces? Local venues are also complaining about the proposed Live Nation on SE Water as well. Does Portland really need TWO new venues?

Or will this space be able to coexist and provide for a need the current spaces can't accommodate (seat count, stage set up, etc)?
I feel it's needed. I know the promoters/owners of some local venues have been upset about the proposed new venues, especially being tied to Live Nation, but competition breeds improvements in a lot of cases. Portland is overlooked by a lot of entertainers because it lacks the venues they are looking for. I feel like these new venues and now having Providence Park as an open air venue, creates a better variety for more events to take place.

Old Posted Today, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
I feel it's needed. I know the promoters/owners of some local venues have been upset about the proposed new venues, especially being tied to Live Nation, but competition breeds improvements in a lot of cases. Portland is overlooked by a lot of entertainers because it lacks the venues they are looking for. I feel like these new venues and now having Providence Park as an open air venue, creates a better variety for more events to take place.
Question, is this venue supported by Live Nation? I thought they were still interested in the block on Water Ave.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland