HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
[url=https://ibb.co/1bcFhB8]

pix image
Waverley Woods at Waverley Greens Apartments is a luxury apartments development going up within the Waverley Greens complex.
https://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/site...d_redacted.pdf
Waverly Woods always makes me think of Waverly Hills from the Simpsons
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Wav...9-0-2-1-D%27oh

Old Posted Oct 30, 2021, 5:59 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
Great to see Milwaukie making some development strides! That area around downtown Milwaukie could definitely use it.
Coho Point is really going to be a game changer. The Axletree that went up right before the pandemic started showed that these kinds of urban downtown buildings can work, and the Coho Point will give downtown Milwaukie a very unique looking building that will add to the activity along Main St and give the downtown a presence from McLaughlin.

It will really be interesting once they move the Farmer's Market to the southern end of downtown and really take advantage of these new buildings. Hopefully this continues and we end up with a very active urban downtown for Milwaukie. (Or as I like to call it, a petite downtown.)

Old Posted Oct 30, 2021, 6:06 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nob View Post
Waverly Woods always makes me think of Waverly Hills from the Simpsons
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Wav...9-0-2-1-D%27oh
Well I didn't think about that but now that all I can think of when I hear that name.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2021, 1:05 AM
Semi-Lurker

Quote:

pix image
The Coho Point Apartments was just approved at the end of this September. This will add a second large apartment building to the South Downtown area of Milwaukie.
Damn. That is a pretty massive building for that area. I live nearby and spend quite a bit of time down there. I've always enjoyed the more working class, small town feel that Milwaukie has. But I suppose the change is inevitable given the easy access to the orange line and the growing population of the area.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Coho Point is really going to be a game changer. The Axletree that went up right before the pandemic started showed that these kinds of urban downtown buildings can work, and the Coho Point will give downtown Milwaukie a very unique looking building that will add to the activity along Main St and give the downtown a presence from McLaughlin.

It will really be interesting once they move the Farmer's Market to the southern end of downtown and really take advantage of these new buildings. Hopefully this continues and we end up with a very active urban downtown for Milwaukie. (Or as I like to call it, a petite downtown.)
Besides the scale of these buildings having an obvious major impact on the entire area. I think I'm most excited about the waterfront improvement that Coho Point will bring with it. That looks like it will be a very nice area to walk and enjoy a nice sunny day.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 8:36 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
Besides the scale of these buildings having an obvious major impact on the entire area. I think I'm most excited about the waterfront improvement that Coho Point will bring with it. That looks like it will be a very nice area to walk and enjoy a nice sunny day.
Yeah, it's going to make Dogwood Park an attractive park to visit. This building should really make the most of that block.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 7:38 AM
A before E

Dogwood Station is a residential development in the planning stage right now, but currently moving forward in the city. It will unfortunately require tearing down a beautiful old house that isn't a great spot for a residential house and isn't a good building for office space. The new development is being designed by WorksPA.

Preapplication for Dogwood Station

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Dogwood Station is a residential development in the planning stage right now, but currently moving forward in the city. It will unfortunately require tearing down a beautiful old house that isn't a great spot for a residential house and isn't a good building for office space. The new development is being designed by WorksPA.

Preapplication for Dogwood Station
This link worked better for me

Nice to see Milwaukie growing up.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2021, 6:46 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
This link worked better for me

Nice to see Milwaukie growing up.
It's really great to see new buildings coming down the pipeline, which I knew was a matter of time once light rail went in. With the news about Dark Horse being sold to a gaming company in Sweden, which Mike Richardson is staying on to run the Milwaukie office for Dark Horse, I am wondering if we will see this company invest in building an office building in downtown for Dark Horse. That would be cool to see a Dark Horse logo on an office building in the Milwaukie skyline, plus it would free up some office space and streetfront space.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 7:05 PM

I went to Milwaukie last week and saw the Kellogg Bowl had been demolished and construction is in full swing. 6-storey apt:

News: https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/5...8-unit-project
Application: https://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/planning/20-006pa

Edit: It's called Henley Place

Design review: https://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/site...nalresized.pdf

Old Posted Sep 28, 2022, 11:54 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizflip View Post
I went to Milwaukie last week and saw the Kellogg Bowl had been demolished and construction is in full swing. 6-storey apt:

News: https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/5...8-unit-project
Application: https://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/planning/20-006pa

Edit: It's called Henley Place

Design review: https://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/site...nalresized.pdf
It's been fun watching this building go up. I love seeing the crane in downtown. Also like the visual this will create coming into Milwaukie from the north end.

Hopefully we will see the other two apartment buildings down by the MAX stop happen soon, but I haven't heard much on either one for a little bit.

Our new New Seasons is coming along, and the huge apartment complex behind it looks like it is coming together quickly.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 1:45 AM

This is a pretty lousy picture, but I was down in Milwaukie today and snapped a photo of the u/c Henley Place Apartments. 178 units.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 6:44 PM
A before E

I snapped this picture Christmas Eve when picking up pizza for dinner.

It makes me wish Milwaukie allowed for taller buildings, like 10-15 stories tall because this building is gonna be noticeable when driving into downtown from Portland, and a few taller buildings would create a really cool little skyline for Milwaukie.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 8:57 PM

Walked down Main St today and a fence has gone up around the site of Coho Point. Construction equipment is also being staged on site and I can only assume they are getting ready to kick this project off since the adjacent Kellogg Creek restoration is still in the planning phase.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 8:00 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMH View Post
Walked down Main St today and a fence has gone up around the site of Coho Point. Construction equipment is also being staged on site and I can only assume they are getting ready to kick this project off since the adjacent Kellogg Creek restoration is still in the planning phase.
The info I have from the mayor, site work is starting with what they can do. The environmental stuff from the federal government should be approved late summer or early fall, and then full redeveloping of the site can happen. So we should get a new apartment building under construction next year.

Also the old funeral home next to the new City Hall is going to be another food cart station, though not sure we need a second one, I was hoping for another apartment building.

The old City Hall is in full renovation mode for a new bakery and brewpub, so some great news for Milwaukie. Plus New Seasons opens on March 27th and Ace Hardware should open up in April.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 10:09 PM

Quote:
The info I have from the mayor, site work is starting with what they can do. The environmental stuff from the federal government should be approved late summer or early fall, and then full redeveloping of the site can happen. So we should get a new apartment building under construction next year.

Also the old funeral home next to the new City Hall is going to be another food cart station, though not sure we need a second one, I was hoping for another apartment building.

The old City Hall is in full renovation mode for a new bakery and brewpub, so some great news for Milwaukie. Plus New Seasons opens on March 27th and Ace Hardware should open up in April.
Thanks for the info and happy to hear they are doing what they can in the meantime!

FYI, I heard from a vendor that New Seasons is doing a soft opening starting tomorrow.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 10:14 PM

One more new business coming to downtown Milwaukie soon:

Quote:
Good Measure Café & Grocery is renovating the former bike shop on Milwaukie Main Street to offer fresh flowers, deli items and a curated selection of pickles, sauces, meats, cheeses, bread and coffee.

With downtown Milwaukie lacking a grocery store, Good Measure owner Brooke Smith plans to provide the food desert with an oasis of produce all sourced within 100 miles.
Continues at the Milwaukie Review

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 5:28 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMH View Post
One more new business coming to downtown Milwaukie soon:

Continues at the Milwaukie Review
Holy hell! This would be amazing, I was wondering what would go in that corner location. The story with the renovation was the plan was to open up the side of the building with windows, only to find out that it was a load bearing wall and had to be redesigned to reinforce the weight of the building which is what has caused the delay with renovating the space.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon