HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 17, 2024, 9:58 PM

N Graham St. & W Sixth St.

Current picture of the Fourth Ward Bread Co building to be incorporated into this project.

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pDW8MP][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt55 View Post
[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pDGtby][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

Finally an announcement for a long awaited needed project at N Graham St. & W Sixth St.

Even though its only has 7 floors, it will be a nice addition to this area with the potential retail, coffee shop or wine bar. Set to be completed in the summer of 2026.

Side note, its amazing they are going to incorporate the old Fourth Ward Bread Co. building in the design which can be seen in the middle of the project with the distinct brick color contrast.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Spending five days in downtown Atlanta has given me a renewed appreciation for Uptown Charlotte.
Well, you should have checked out midtown and the Eastside BeltLine, much more going on there.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 12:08 AM

Some impressive development going on in Charlotte. Love that library project

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Well, you should have checked out midtown and the Eastside BeltLine, much more going on there.
It’s a hassle to move exhibition materials from Midtown to the Congress Center.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randalls View Post
@Hunt55 - thank you for all these incredible updates. Really appreciate you contributing to this thread.
@randalls - happy to do it. Still hoping for more traction on this thread. Charlotte is such a dynamic city. The development is booming!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 9:51 PM

Final Phase of The Pearl in Midtown announced

1175 Pearl Park Way
2.2 acre parcel
275' multifamily tower
150 room hotel
100k sq/ft of office space
35k sq/ft for retail

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pEk1C8][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 10:40 PM

Tremont Ally - 300 W Tremont Ave

2 - 19 story towers
1 - 305 residential units
1 - 350k sq/ft of office space & 18k sq/ft of retail

no start date announced

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pCs6fQ][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pEiT8T][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 11:32 PM

Any idea when the convention hotel might be announced ?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Any idea when the convention hotel might be announced ?
I've heard of several large and first time brands coming to Charlotte but no information of where or what brand.

Also, the last i heard, a potential, very large (1000+ rooms) convention hotel was seeking tax incentives from the city. Not sure how that will affect it.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt55 View Post
I've heard of several large and first time brands coming to Charlotte but no information of where or what brand.

Also, the last i heard, a potential, very large (1000+ rooms) convention hotel was seeking tax incentives from the city. Not sure how that will affect it.
I think plans for a convention hotel have been in the offing for awhile. Maybe Covid knocked it back,

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Spending five days in downtown Atlanta has given me a renewed appreciation for Uptown Charlotte.
LMAO, typical response from a jealous Charlottean. Charlotte still has a very tiny skyline, and you really have no Midtown, keep dreaming.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
LMAO, typical response from a jealous Charlottean. Charlotte still has a very tiny skyline, and you really have no Midtown, keep dreaming.
Been through your own downtown lately ? Nothing to be jealous of.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I think plans for a convention hotel have been in the offing for awhile. Maybe Covid knocked it back,
I'm sure it did, I know it delayed the Intercontinental. It seems the hospitality industry is on the rebound, fingers crossed!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Atlantas metro may be bigger, but honestly, Charlottes Uptown and Southend has developed into a more urban, walkable, and attractive core than Atlanta IMO.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 4:32 PM

LOL. Tell me you haven’t been to Midtown Atlanta recently without telling me you haven’t been to Midtown Atlanta recently.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Oh ffs.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
Atlantas metro may be bigger, but honestly, Charlottes Uptown and Southend has developed into a more urban, walkable, and attractive core than Atlanta IMO.
Not to add to the off topic, that is quite the take. That is a giant stretch.

By atlanta core, you mean the area within the Perimeter?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
LOL. Tell me you haven’t been to Midtown Atlanta recently without telling me you haven’t been to Midtown Atlanta recently.
We need to be sure we post trigger warnings, for our Atlanta friends, before posting on the Charlotte thread.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDC View Post
Not to add to the off topic, that is quite the take. That is a giant stretch.

By atlanta core, you mean the area within the Perimeter?
Is it a stretch though? I’m talking about midtown and downtown. I’ve been to Atlanta 3-4 times over the past 2 decades, last time was about 5 years ago, and each time I was surprised by how rundown it was and struggled to find restaurants within walking distance of hotel. I’m sure it’s improved since then but some posters have been misrepresenting how urban and fantastic that core is for decades on here.

Meanwhile I’m visiting Charlotte rn and was in clt in December too, and I’m totally blown away by how much it’s built up. Far superior than anything I saw in Atlanta 5 years back in terms of walkable streets with restaurants, especially in southend.

But just my perspective. I don’t hate Atlanta or anything. I’ll go back at some point. But I’ll give Charlotte its credit on how far it’s come. It is very impressive.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
Is it a stretch though? I’m talking about midtown and downtown. I’ve been to Atlanta 3-4 times over the past 2 decades, last time was about 5 years ago, and each time I was surprised by how rundown it was and struggled to find restaurants within walking distance of hotel. I’m sure it’s improved since then but some posters have been misrepresenting how urban and fantastic that core is for decades on here.

Meanwhile I’m visiting Charlotte rn and was in clt in December too, and I’m totally blown away by how much it’s built up. Far superior than anything I saw in Atlanta 5 years back in terms of walkable streets with restaurants, especially in southend.

But just my perspective.
Yeah, it’s a stretch to say it’s more urban in my perspective. Midtown, Downtown, Ponce Market, MARTA. I don’t think Charlotte’s downtown is as big as midtown even?

You have a preference, that’s fine. But I mean. There’s people who would prefer Greeneville SC’s downtown than Charlotte’s and I too think it’d be a stretch to say it’s a more urban core. Though I’m sure there’s people who absolutely do think that - but it’s a stretch to me. Or Minneapolis being more urban, etc than Chicago.

The sheer difference in size and scale just makes it a bit unusual to describe the two areas in relation to on another.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations