HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 12:31 AM

Quote:
144 affordable homes open up in Northwest Portland
Emmons Place, sponsored by Northwest Housing Alternative (NHA), includes 144 studios offered at or below 30% to 60% of the area median income.

PORTLAND, Ore. — A nearly $50 million, 146-unit affordable housing project opened in Northwest Portland’s Historic Alphabet District on Monday.

Emmons Place, sponsored by Northwest Housing Alternative (NHA), includes 144 studios offered at or below 30% to 60% of the Area Median Income, which for a two-person income household ranges from $27,090 to $54,180. The building also includes two units for property managers.

Around 48 of the studios will be dedicated housing for seniors exiting homelessness through Permanent Supportive Housing services by Northwest Pilot Project, a nonprofit that connects people aged 55 or older to low-income rental housing.
...continues at KGW.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 8:21 PM

Notice of a Type I proposal for the former Williams Sonoma on NW 23rd.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Notice of a Type I proposal for the former Williams Sonoma on NW 23rd.
Any idea on what's going in there?

Old Posted May 3, 2024, 11:27 PM

Pages 1 and 12 of this month's NW Examiner have renderings and a story about the proposed "Sous la Rose" hotel / private members club at the former Northwest Neighborhood Cultural Center.

Old Posted May 31, 2024, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Portland real estate co. snags a former Williams-Sonoma building at 43% off

In another clear signal that a buyer's market has formed around urban commercial sites, Portland's Guardian Real Estate Services picked up the former Williams Sonoma building in Nob Hill at a 43% discount from its 2012 sale price.

Guardian, led by President Tom Brenneke, bought the 2005 building at 320-338 N.W. 23rd Ave. for $7 million in January, down from its most recent sale price of $12.275 million, according to records. CoStar first reported the deal.

The building has 24,000 rentable square feet, said Brenneke, who plans to remodel it for new occupants.

The building was constructed and customized for cookware company Williams Sonoma, he explained in an email. "The current plan is for either a single tenant or multi-tenant use."

The ground floor retail space is topped by a second floor that could offer retail or office options. A 31-spot parking lot sits below ground.

"Our current schedule has us starting construction Nov 2024 with late spring 2025 occupancy," Brenneke said. "It’s great real estate in the city's strongest retail corridor." Meanwhile, there has been "lots of interest from some great names."
...continues at the Portland Business Journal ($).

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Trying to think of who, if anyone, would need a large space anymore. Seems like a nice spot for an REI...

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 6:03 PM

Even combined, the two spaces are only a little more than a quarter the size of REI’s new store in Beaverton. I hope REI makes a return to the City of Portland one day, but if they do, it would probably be to a purpose built space.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 8:38 PM

Slabtown square is done. Could've been better, could be worse. It does break up the SERA-dominated architecture a bit. Hope they find tenants for the retail spaces.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 6:00 PM

Regarding the former Quality Pie site at NW 23rd and Marshall, according to NWExaminer...

Quote:
A year after abandoning approved plans for a five-story mixed-use building on a long-vacant lot at Northwest 23rd Avenue between Marshall and Northrup streets and putting the property up for sale, C.E. John Co. has again switched gears. Now it proposes a one-story retail building that will need a zoning variance due to falling below the minimum required density.
Boo..

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 6:06 PM

That's a real shame. If the block face is going to wind up with just single story retail, it would have been better if there had just been a shell and core renovation of the existing buildings.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 6:39 PM

Quote:
That's a real shame. If the block face is going to wind up with just single story retail, it would have been better if there had just been a shell and core renovation of the existing buildings.
Is there any reason to grant the variance? To be “smaller” than required in a time with a dearth of housing supply.

What does that mean that they don’t even want to attempt a few floors of residential? Is this developer just crazy, or is the current environment so stacked against residential development now? If so, it seems like there must be some way to use the housing bond money to incentivize adding residential units here.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post
Is there any reason to grant the variance? To be “smaller” than required in a time with a dearth of housing supply.

What does that mean that they don’t even want to attempt a few floors of residential? Is this developer just crazy, or is the current environment so stacked against residential development now? If so, it seems like there must be some way to use the housing bond money to incentivize adding residential units here.
I checked the permits on Portland Maps. I didn't see anything about a variance for a 1 story structure, only the reactivation of the construction permit. I'm not sure if that means anything.

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...did/?p=R171331

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopdx View Post
I checked the permits on Portland Maps. I didn't see anything about a variance for a 1 story structure, only the reactivation of the construction permit. I'm not sure if that means anything.

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...did/?p=R171331
That’s a good sign…right?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 12:02 AM
A before E

Hopefully the change will be denied. I would rather see it stay a vacant lot for sale than to become a single story building.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland