HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:04 PM

I'm tending too lean toward an estimate/approximation given by Biff earlier. 500' + = ~ 153 meters.

3 -storey's of commercial podium. New tallest after SkyCity of course (for those that enjoy Tallest stats)

The render throws me off, as it is taller.

Any other thoughts?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:04 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post
400 Apartments. Is there parking to support this?
The site has 1000 spots in the U/G parkade - I think?

Either way, there will be a lot of pressure on business parking downtown. Which could be a good thing.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldeyes View Post
Doesn't really look like there's room along Fort for another tower. Pity that side will stay ugly.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:09 PM

We will end up with two practically brand new towers and commercial all along portage and main, and most of graham. The reality of a project this size with 1000 parking stalls is that there has to be a place to get in and out. I don't see it necessarily as a negative.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:10 PM

Yeah, looks like the Fort side will be ugly. At least change out the brown.

Also I'm wondering with the contradicting stories on the height and number of suites; they are still unsure of what the foundation can hold. There was a comment about that earlier. So maybe they're still waffling between heights.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:12 PM

The year is 2018. Graham Ave is bustling with construction activity. Medical Arts expansion is happening. TNS tower 1 is nearing completion, tower 2 is underway. Hotel complex on Carlton has broken ground. SkyCity is well underway, along with 300 Main St. What a sight it will be! A forest of tower cranes!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The year is 2018. Graham Ave is bustling with construction activity. Medical Arts expansion is happening. TNS tower 1 is nearing completion, tower 2 is underway. SkyCity is well underway, along with 300 Main St. What a sight it will be!
You forgot MLCC

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldeyes View Post
The video provides some different perspectives on the project... 360 Main looks really great with the new skin. However, I agree with biguc, the price to be paid for this tower is a permanently horrible treatment of the SW corner of Winnipeg Square at Fort and Graham. In the video it looks like it's being left as is... I wish they'd at least do something to pretty it up a bit.

Is it just me or were they really vague and non-committal as to the overall number of storeys? Is the rendering what they intend to build or is that just conceptual at this point?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
You forgot MLCC
I got it in there, Medical Arts. It was a late addition to my post, we must've crossed electronic paths!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
You forgot MLCC
That's the Medical Arts part

Graham is really shaping up to become a showcase downtown street with all of those impressive new buildings planned or under construction. Its time spent in the shadows of its high profile neighbour to the north are clearly over! Just wish something would happen at the other end with The Bay now.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:18 PM

Just wait, something will come out of nowhere to fill the final lot at Smith and Graham.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
The site has 1000 spots in the U/G parkade - I think?

Either way, there will be a lot of pressure on business parking downtown. Which could be a good thing.
With the influx of cops and soon, highrise residents to the area inside the box of Portage, Main, Smith and St. Mary Ave, I'm guessing something's going to give soon with respect to parking. Surely there will be a parkade built somewhere around there?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:20 PM

After the videos provided and available renders, 300 Main St will surpass 360 by quite some height.

Changing thread title to estimate/approximation of what we know at this point. Please feel free to add your details and it could be changed again.Thx.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Just wait, something will come out of nowhere to fill the final lot at Smith and Graham.
That would be the icing on the cake. It's kind of wild that when you take into account the projects planned for Graham, that is literally the last vacant site left. How quickly things are changing on that avenue.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:21 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Yeah, looks like the Fort side will be ugly. At least change out the brown.

Also I'm wondering with the contradicting stories on the height and number of suites; they are still unsure of what the foundation can hold. There was a comment about that earlier. So maybe they're still waffling between heights.
Armin said that they are still determining just that. It will 100% be taller than 30 storeys but they need to see what the final number will be. It will likely be less than 50 he said, so I believe they just picked 40 so they have something to work with. My gut feeling is it could be a little taller than 40 in the end. That includes the 4 storey podium (commercial) levels. He said he would like to see a 4 star hotel for the middle pad but that is a sort of phase 3. They don't officially have anything for in between the towers.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:22 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Yeah, the City will pave the gravel lot....
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
He said he would like to see a 4 star hotel for the middle pad but that is a sort of phase 3. They don't officially have anything for in between the towers.
Wait, so is the "in between" part in the renderings just a concept, or are they actually going to build that as a placeholder lobby for the time being to be replaced/augmented one day by a hotel? It looks like a pretty integral part of the project, sort of a grand entrance/lobby are for all of Winnipeg Square including both towers.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:24 PM
Portage & Main 50 below

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Is it just me or were they really vague and non-committal as to the overall number of storeys? Is the rendering what they intend to build or is that just conceptual at this point?
Wait a minute, isn't the architect that they're using the same guy behind the foundation issues at Investors Group Field?

Yeahhhh... Hope Ray gets it right this time.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:34 PM

Thanks again Biff. Sounds like A LOT of moving parts left with this one.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 7:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
I'm tending too lean toward an estimate/approximation given by Biff earlier. 500' + = ~ 153 meters.

3 -storey's of commercial podium. New tallest after SkyCity of course (for those that enjoy Tallest stats)

The render throws me off, as it is taller.

Any other thoughts?
Watch the video posted on cbc. It's way taller.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan