HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 10:50 PM

Yes we were pouring today. Targeting the end of July to be at ground level.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 11:28 PM
Bla Bla

had a nice talk with this Irish man , he told me to buy one of the condo i replied No thanks . It's funny how they always use the word "moite" every 5 second

and he's also asked me about how's the winter in here I said it's very cold so idk moite , better top out this before the winter come :V

Irishman by KEvin Hoang, on Flickr

i guess this is my first time get to see the Foundation of a building close up with my own eye. quite interesting

foundation by KEvin Hoang, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the pics! If they get a couple floors poured they'll have somewhere to warm up...or at least in the parkade. (Ah, I see trailers). Any news on the office bldg, is it still a go for this year?

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jul 13, 2017 at 12:15 PM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 2:37 PM

That's still the word, yes.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 6:19 PM

Probably a loaded question but is it about 2 weeks per floor when it gets above grade. I know there are a lot of variables.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 3:00 PM

John Nasser 'ecstatic' with progress on Saskatoon's Parcel Y

Phil Tank, Saskatoon StarPhoenix
Published on: July 14, 2017 | Last Updated: July 14, 2017 6:00 AM CST

Quote:
John Nasser, president of Saskatoon’s Victory Majors Development, has switched from fielding questions about delays on the long-running project on Parcel Y at River Landing to talking about its progress.

The consortium behind the project announced in May the first of two office towers is moving ahead, while work above ground on the hotel and condo tower is expected to start soon. The project is now expected to cost less than the original $300-million estimate.

Q: How gratifying is it to see the project moving forward?

A: I’m ecstatic. I’m very happy to see it going up, especially now with potentially three out of four buildings going up at the same time. I’m very happy for, I guess, the city. All the councillors have backed us. The (Meewasin Valley Authority), they supported us. The old mayor, Don Atchison, he was a big booster of this, so I’m sure he’s happy to see it go up. And especially for my father (Karim Nasser). He stuck his neck out to really get this thing going. So I’m glad he’s able to see it going up.

Q: What does this mean to you as a Saskatoon resident?

A: Quite honestly, when it was first proposed, 2006, I know it’s got a long history of trying to get it out of the ground. But when it was first proposed, I thought: ‘I’ll believe it when I see it.’ Now here I am being a part of it and very happy to see it go up. It means a lot to the city, I believe. I think it’s going to be a new focus of downtown, especially with the new art gallery and performing arts centre. It’s going to be a good node of activity.

Q; This started out looking like a Victory Majors project. Now, you’re part of a consortium. How is that working out?

A: It actually has worked out fabulously. That might be a strong word. We got Triovest (Realty Advisors from Calgary) involved and Greystone (Managed Investments from Regina). They’re pros. They’re so good at what they do. Same with Urban Capital (condo developers) and Groupe Germain (hotel developers) out of Quebec. It’s truly a national development. There’s all these national players that are involved in it and they bring such a depth of experience and their attraction to the site, it shows how special the site is and how special it will be for the city that you can get all these national players interested and working on it and pulling in the same direction to make it work. So it’s worked out great.

Q: How surprised are you that the office building is moving ahead so quickly?

A: I’m not. I’ve been in close contact with Blair (Sinclair) at Triovest and he’s bullish on our economy. Quite frankly, Triovest and Greystone believe in Saskatoon and in Saskatchewan and we believe there’s demand for a new product. So henceforth, they’ve decided there should be an office building going in on the site. They’ve got enough interest in the site that made it more probable to go ahead.

Q: At the groundbreaking in 2016, you said this project could take a decade to complete. Have you revised the timeline for the project?

A: When I said that, it was with the intention that we would start the hotel right away and condos would be subject to pre-sales which, as you know, they were off the hook. Such a surprise. Each building takes two to three years, a year of planning and two years to construct. So if we staggered them one after the other, it could have easily taken 10 years. However, we’re going to have three of the four buildings done by 2019. So that will just leave the tall tower. You need a good anchor tenant to come in and spur that one into going up.

(This interview has been condensed and edited.)

ptank@postmedia.com

twitter.com/thinktankSK
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...toons-parcel-y

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 3:44 PM

Concept of the East Tower's lobby:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...wers-1.4204410

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 4:09 PM
the heat goes on

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 8:03 PM

Thanks for posting Macca....there is actually a lot of interesting information in that article. That will be a very animated and busy sight come Fall....or maybe even before then!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 5:11 PM

First of the tenants announced for the East Office tower....apparently moving from Saskatoon Square tower. Article indicates more tenant announcements to come with the tower starting excavation for underground parkade in mid-August.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...g-office-tower

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 8:18 PM

From zero to 4 towers under construction this year. I wonder what 2018 will bring

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 8:51 PM
the heat goes on

and yet this thread has almost 2000 fewer posts than capital pointe

we are a reserved group, it seems

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 9:26 PM

I agree macca. The main Saskatoon thread is quite far behind the Regina thread too for the same reason I think.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 9:28 PM

^^That's really funny! I've been wondering why there were probably more posts complaining that nothing was happening in the past than there are now documenting the pouring of concrete each day. And why does it take 3 weeks for each picture? Where are you guys sending these images for development? Ha ha. Yes, that's a joke.

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jul 26, 2017 at 9:53 PM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 9:53 PM
the heat goes on

saskatoon forums:
oh neat some towers are going up that we've been waiting for for 30+ years
*2 weeks later*
nice design, good to see, hope it does well
*1 month later*
a blurry picture of several dozen people hard at working building the most prominent project in the city in at least a generation
*2 weeks later*
nice picture, thanks

regina forums:
*several times a day, for years, with numerous pictures from a variety of angles, times of day/year*
I HOPE THOSE HOLE EXCAVATING BASTARDS BURN IN HELL THIS WILL NEVER BE BUILT

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 9:58 PM

At least we could hope for a weekly update. I would volunteer but I'm not there.

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jul 26, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 11:26 PM

In any case, if they get just the first 3 buildings built, that'll already be a complete revitalization of that corner, melding with the new old bridge people like to hate because it's not a flat road span and making a new post card for Saskatoon with the Art Gallery, condo and beyond.

Sweet things are made of these/Who am I to disagree?

Then the courtyard hopefully becomes a skating rink in winter. Old school where hockey can be played, and off to the side but not marginalized, recreational skaters float on by. Yea, that's the ticket!

Then the big tower would hardly even matter, or could be built kitty-corner, you know where. Lot's of room in Saskatoon! Just stop expanding offices to the burbs! I remember having to drive to my doctor in Lakeview. It was annoying!!!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jul 26, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 11:43 PM

One of the mods should update Office Tower 1 to 13 stories

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 11:46 PM

BTW, SaskE30 and Echoes have been awesome. Cheers, Dudes! Sorry if I missed someone.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 12:13 AM

One last post:

Two bedroom condos, underground parking, ~1000sft, a block or two from the river, $500,000 or so. Pool, fitness centre and first floor shops for sure. Anybody in? I'm going to make it happen. 16 to 20 floors, or...Patience....

If I build it, will you come? Around the Star Phoenix paper block is the best location. Awesomeness is on the menu!

Cheers, Homebuyers!

Something good is finally coming your way!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan