HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 8:44 PM

The first two levels above grade will take awhile but once they hit typical floor plates, things will fly along quickly. What you're seeing in the photo above is the height to the underside of the 2nd floor. The atrium area that bypasses the 2nd floor and runs to the underside of the 3rd floor is going to be really high.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:29 PM

Adding webcam to new page...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 2:28 PM

^^^ Lobby column going up. This thing is enormous. I wish there was some easy way to see the scale from the photo. From this angle it is obscuring the concrete pump behind it.

^^^ Work continues on the plaza. Not visible in the photos are pipes and plumbing for fountains. It looks like the crane is going to be used to install a "Royal Bank" sign on the tower.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 6:24 PM

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 10:27 PM

^ Look at all the cars!!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 10:31 PM

So much potential in that photo!

Love to see that same shot in twenty years time.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 1:59 AM

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 12:28 AM

Oct. 11 Pics:

Nutrien tower starting to rise. One each image can be seen the LED strips lit up on the east tower, although it was still pretty bright out when I took these pics.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:17 PM

Great pics from the usual suspects! Gotta say this project is looking great and has transformed the city and how people photograph it, from five corners to the Prairie Lily to paddle boards. Just amazing. The Nassers deserve Citizens of the Year if they haven't won it already.

I'm really glad to see so much quality creeping into the seams of downtown/the East bank. Broadway's never looked better, with a solid future due to an influx of new owners and renters, while the dusty tracks of the north-side of downtown are sporting more character every day. 301 is etched in my memory, from those awesome pics. Big brother's on the way, being built. And the quality shops across from the booze factory look fantastic. That area is ripe for urban living, too. Damn, feel pride, locals. Things are looking good. We just need more focus on the core and we might even get street cars back from the car manufacturers. You won't have to drive, and you can still party going home without killing a family of four. That's no joke, as you know. But it's accepted MO in Saskatoon. It should be condemned. Oops. Getting political. Cheers! (Doh!)

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:25 PM

BTW, I didn't mean to derail the thread. Please don't comment on the 2nd paragraph here. Thanks.

The first and third floors of Nutrien Tower are 4 meters each, I believe. This thing is going to look great wedged into that corner of the plot!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
The first and third floors of Nutrien Tower are 4 meters each, I believe. This thing is going to look great wedged into that corner of the plot!
Actually, the floor to floor height for the typical floors (3-18) in Nutrien Tower is 4 metres. The main and second floors are much taller. The elevation of the 3rd floor is going to be close to 14m above grade. It's going to be quite striking in tall atrium portion of the lobby.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:59 PM

And just to nitpick, whoever's in charge, please update the title, with little details like 88.4 meters for a Nutrien high, and 14 (not 17 original) floors for the hotel. The rest looks good;>)

...Okay, don't. Hold on to that pipe dream;>)

Last edited by Ricopedra; Nov 6, 2019 at 1:04 PM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 4:06 PM

Crisis, that's right! Higher @4m per floor, compared to the East Tower @? But it's still the first and third floors taller than the rest, until the top corporate floor, which is higher again, I believe. Back to the drawing board to take another look!...

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Crisis, that's right! Higher @4m per floor, compared to the East Tower @? But it's still the first and third floors taller than the rest, until the top corporate floor, which is higher again, I believe. Back to the drawing board to take another look!...
Yup, the top floor is 6m high.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Actually, the floor to floor height for the typical floors (3-18) in Nutrien Tower is 4 metres. The main and second floors are much taller. The elevation of the 3rd floor is going to be close to 14m above grade. It's going to be quite striking in tall atrium portion of the lobby.
So the first 3 floors are probably 5-4-5 in meters/height. I still believe it's the first and third floors that are taller than the second. Nice, for sure, with the open space of the atrium, taller than the Harry Bailey pool roof as you walk in to work. That's got to be worth something!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 5:15 PM

The construction documents show 8m for the first floor, 6 m for the 2nd floor, 4m for floors 3-16, 6m for floor 17 and 5.4m for floor 18, which is a mix of leasable and service space.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 6:07 PM

Oh yea, thanks Crisis. The glass staggering on the first 3 floors is interesting and I thought the 3rd was actually the 4th in some places. 8m for a restaurant or store in that N corner sure will be dramatic! Cheers and thanks. btw, if anyone's out and about in other corners of town and get a glimpse of this development, don't be shy, just post your pics! There are also a lot of good ones on #yxe or saskatoon on instagram. This has really become a hotspot for modern day prairie promotions!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 4:31 PM

Not that it's anything noticeable for the look of the building, but the East Tower of River Landing is now substantially complete and has been handed over to the Owner. Triovest now controls access in and out of the building, though there is still plenty of construction underway.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 1:14 PM

Some absolutely fabulous pictures of a 14th floor unit in No.1 for sale at Century 21 Real Estate Saskatoon. Great views over the river and of the construction of the offices and the skyline. Fantastic drone shots, too, with the river half-frozen.
I have no idea if they can be posted to this site but here's the link:
https://www.century21.ca/chilliakrea..._AVENUE_S_1404

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Some absolutely fabulous pictures of a 14th floor unit in No.1 for sale at Century 21 Real Estate Saskatoon.
Thanks for posting. The consensus around our office is that no one is too impressed with the interior finishes, or lack thereof in the unit. Exposed ductwork, cheap wire shelving and bland walls are a tough sell for $800K. Great view, though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan