HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9841  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 5:39 PM
pappcam pappcam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
No I meant SaskTel.
Has the gov't announced any major renos for the SaskTel head office? Has the work been tendered?

Usually these things are made public.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9842  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 5:54 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Has the gov't announced any major renos for the SaskTel head office? Has the work been tendered?

Usually these things are made public.
PCL took out a $7.4 million permit in Aug. for the Cornwall Centre.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9843  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:27 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,581
The crane on Sask Dr. last week appeared to be placing elevator machinery and perhaps HVAC equipment on the former Sears roof.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9844  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:39 PM
pappcam pappcam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
The crane on Sask Dr. last week appeared to be placing elevator machinery and perhaps HVAC equipment on the former Sears roof.
Pretty sure no one's denying they're doing work in the former Sears but it would be nice to get some definitive news about their plans.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9845  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 7:51 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 864
Uhaul backed out of the deal to buy the old Sears bargain centre. Not sure what happened there, but they had pushed possession back a month and now it's cancelled. Another big space waiting for revitalization. The market can't afford to do much.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...eal-1.5360704?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9846  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 1:42 AM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Pretty sure no one's denying they're doing work in the former Sears but it would be nice to get some definitive news about their plans.
They've tiled the main level walkway through the store to the Casino/Delta using the same tiles as the rest of the mall... don't think they're do that as a temporary measure. Doesn't answer what's happening in the space - just an observation.
__________________
@drofmab
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9847  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 2:13 AM
pappcam pappcam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
They've tiled the main level walkway through the store to the Casino/Delta using the same tiles as the rest of the mall... don't think they're do that as a temporary measure. Doesn't answer what's happening in the space - just an observation.
Yeah, I've seen that as well. Strange how it's such a secret.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9848  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 4:14 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
They've tiled the main level walkway through the store to the Casino/Delta using the same tiles as the rest of the mall... don't think they're do that as a temporary measure. Doesn't answer what's happening in the space - just an observation.
Is the tiling wide enough to hint at a continuation of the mall concourse through that space? Or it is a not so wide path that seems more like a hallway? Pictures?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9849  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 4:47 AM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Is the tiling wide enough to hint at a continuation of the mall concourse through that space? Or it is a not so wide path that seems more like a hallway? Pictures?
It’s pretty wide - I’ll try to get down there & snap some pics tomorrow.
__________________
@drofmab
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9850  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 4:49 AM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,005
Anyone know what they’re doing on the west face of the Ramada? All brick wall... about floors 6-8, they’ve done something - removed bricks, or painted them, or something (was in my car, so couldn’t take a long look at it).
__________________
@drofmab
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9851  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 5:17 AM
sask1982's Avatar
sask1982 sask1982 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Anyone know what they’re doing on the west face of the Ramada? All brick wall... about floors 6-8, they’ve done something - removed bricks, or painted them, or something (was in my car, so couldn’t take a long look at it).
They’ve done this on both sides, removed brick, attached foam insulation, and covered it with what looks like cheap tin siding (I would expect that’s not what it is but that’s what it looks like, something you would cover a barn or a farm shop with). I hope they aren’t replacing all the brick with that
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9852  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 2:36 PM
cityboy's Avatar
cityboy cityboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
They've tiled the main level walkway through the store to the Casino/Delta using the same tiles as the rest of the mall... don't think they're do that as a temporary measure. Doesn't answer what's happening in the space - just an observation.
Looks to me like they have done just a small area inside as opposed to the whole corridor. It does have some distinct angles and they've used the smaller tile in a way that would suggest its for the floor plate of a specific CRU or storefront though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9853  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 5:38 PM
KTBuild KTBuild is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
They’ve done this on both sides, removed brick, attached foam insulation, and covered it with what looks like cheap tin siding (I would expect that’s not what it is but that’s what it looks like, something you would cover a barn or a farm shop with). I hope they aren’t replacing all the brick with that
Kind of looks like they are prepping to put up a billboard. Selling advertising space?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9854  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 6:59 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBuild View Post
Kind of looks like they are prepping to put up a billboard. Selling advertising space?
Might as well with that giant blank space.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9855  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 4:04 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,290
Any Conexus Head Office construction update? Also wondering the status of the Brandt proposal.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9856  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 6:20 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Any Conexus Head Office construction update? Also wondering the status of the Brandt proposal.
Brandt project has been put on hold while they review the process.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9857  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 8:24 PM
jigglysquishy's Avatar
jigglysquishy jigglysquishy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,833
Word on the street is Brandt is walking away and expanding their facility off Highway 6.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9858  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 8:59 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Word on the street is Brandt is walking away and expanding their facility off Highway 6.
I wish they would just build downtown!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9859  
Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 10:33 PM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Word on the street is Brandt is walking away and expanding their facility off Highway 6.
Those are two different things. They may be walking away from their project, but it's not because of Highway 6. Their downtown project was a pure development to be a landlord/benefactor. Highway 6 is about construction equipment.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9860  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 5:46 AM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I wish they would just build downtown!!!
There's a real opportunity on Broad Street from the closed LB north to where the old Traveler's Building was. There's a smoke shop and another small business in there, but I thought that building was up for sale. That's a good stretch of land. Could do something there, but of course, rumour is all the developers and builders are sitting on their hands waiting on the railyards so none want to commit to anything big elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:58 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.