HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6481  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 2:57 AM
balletomane balletomane is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 553
It might only be wishful thinking, but I heard a rumour that the RWB parkade will be torn down and rebuilt (or maybe just renovated?) with the residence on top.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6482  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 3:03 AM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by balletomane View Post
It might only be wishful thinking, but I heard a rumour that the RWB parkade will be torn down and rebuilt (or maybe just renovated?) with the residence on top.
It was discussed as a possibility here a while back. Seems like it may be the case.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6483  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 3:05 AM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,085
Someone mentioned here prices going up at the TNS parkade.. they were apparently the cheapest parkade in the area doe some reason, so it’s gone up to $20/day.

One reason is they’ve had a lot more casual parkers than expected, and have been at max. You can get a monthly pass but the entire thing is scramble, no reserved spots. Apparently one of the requirements to have LEED Gold is scramble parking as ppl take the first available spot (rather than drive further to theirs) so they’ll never change that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6484  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 2:20 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 24,801
^ It's such a small parkade I can't imagine that there would be much of a carbon footprint from letting people have reserved spots, but I guess that's the effect of a one sized fits all template.

I park in there for the occasional Moose game I attend, five bucks a pop when you reserve online. Even for a stingy bastard like me that's a deal (for Jets games I park on the street for free and walk, like a true Winnipegger)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6485  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 5:35 PM
Wolf13 Wolf13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,664
Well, a lot of LEED requirments are essentially lip service without actually meeting any targets.

Any parkade of such small size feeding such a large project is going to be full all the time (and it was a cheap price for parking).

So if it's going to be full, why make everyone do laps looking for a free stall, wasting gas and emissions when they can just go to their stall? vacant stall?

All cars will be entering and exiting from the same places, so ultimately you cover the same cumulative distance to fill all stalls.

It's nonsense.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6486  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 5:51 PM
Winnipeg Grump Winnipeg Grump is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 139
from yesterday:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6487  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 5:25 PM
Wpg_Guy's Avatar
Wpg_Guy Wpg_Guy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,309
__________________
WINNIPEG | Projects and Development
In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6488  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 5:28 PM
Wpg_Guy's Avatar
Wpg_Guy Wpg_Guy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,309
__________________
WINNIPEG | Projects and Development
In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6489  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 7:57 PM
LilZebra's Avatar
LilZebra LilZebra is offline
Spiritual
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Man.
Posts: 2,559
^^^


Who will be allowed to use that rooftop patio? Guessing that's just for some execs.
__________________
Visit LilZebra.ca
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6490  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 8:20 PM
EdwardTH EdwardTH is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
^^^


Who will be allowed to use that rooftop patio? Guessing that's just for some execs.
I'm pretty sure all tenants have access to it
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6491  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 9:32 PM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
^^^


Who will be allowed to use that rooftop patio? Guessing that's just for some execs.
All commercial tenants. The patio below it is open to the public. Residents have their own (incredible) rooftop terrace on top of 242 Hargrave.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6492  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 4:05 PM
Winnipeg Grump Winnipeg Grump is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
All commercial tenants. The patio below it is open to the public. Residents have their own (incredible) rooftop terrace on top of 242 Hargrave.
The 4th floor facilities on TNS 1 [gym, patio, conference room] are available to both the tenants of TNS 1 and TNS 2.

And yes, the rooftop patio on TNS 2 is nice, with some great views. But I don't believe the commercial tenants of TNS 1 have access to it, as I think it's reserved for the renters in TNS 2.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6493  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 4:07 PM
Wpg_Guy's Avatar
Wpg_Guy Wpg_Guy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,309
There will also be an outdoor restaurant patio open to the public as part of the food hall on the second level.
__________________
WINNIPEG | Projects and Development
In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6494  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 8:18 PM
NotToScale NotToScale is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
^^^


Who will be allowed to use that rooftop patio? Guessing that's just for some execs.
LOL
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6495  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 10:02 PM
robertocarlos robertocarlos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Someone mentioned here prices going up at the TNS parkade.. they were apparently the cheapest parkade in the area doe some reason, so it’s gone up to $20/day.

One reason is they’ve had a lot more casual parkers than expected, and have been at max. You can get a monthly pass but the entire thing is scramble, no reserved spots. Apparently one of the requirements to have LEED Gold is scramble parking as ppl take the first available spot (rather than drive further to theirs) so they’ll never change that.
What if you are a monthly parker but you need a wheelchair accessible spot?

Are all the spots 10-12 feet wide for a wheelchair user?

Can I sue them? I heard there are some lawyers on the top floors.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6496  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 10:41 PM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
What if you are a monthly parker but you need a wheelchair accessible spot?

Are all the spots 10-12 feet wide for a wheelchair user?

Can I sue them? I heard there are some lawyers on the top floors.
There are still handicap stalls in there – first come, first served. If you want a dedicated spot only for your use, there a dozens of other parkades around.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6497  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 11:39 PM
robertocarlos robertocarlos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
There are still handicap stalls in there – first come, first served. If you want a dedicated spot only for your use, there a dozens of other parkades around.
Is that also the same for residents of TNS? Scramble parking?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6498  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 4:44 AM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,085
There's only one parkade – it's open to residents, tenants, and public. I'm not sure if they make an exception for residents that have a handicap pass.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6499  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 2:39 PM
cllew cllew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
There's only one parkade – it's open to residents, tenants, and public. I'm not sure if they make an exception for residents that have a handicap pass.
Is most if not all lots handicap stalls are close to the elevators/ building entry.

Some lots like the downtown library actually track the handicap stalls separately on their displays and show if they are available.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6500  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 4:13 PM
Wolf13 Wolf13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
What if you are a monthly parker but you need a wheelchair accessible spot?

Are all the spots 10-12 feet wide for a wheelchair user?

Can I sue them? I heard there are some lawyers on the top floors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
There's only one parkade – it's open to residents, tenants, and public. I'm not sure if they make an exception for residents that have a handicap pass.
We've got code for this stuff.

It's surely covered, as nothing would gain approval or occupancy without it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:47 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.