HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 11:31 PM

March 9 Pictures:

^^^ Looks like they are working on the 13th (top) floor.

^^^ Parkade entrance on 3rd Ave. I wonder if there will be a cut in the median, or will cars have to be traveling southbound to enter the parkade?

^^^ They have been working on the lobby glass for quite a while.

^^^ The effect of the fins on the office tower is quite apparent from this angle. The Nutrien tower parkade excavation is down to the 4th level, and they have been cutting pass-throughs between the parkades.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2019, 2:04 AM

Project is sure looking great. Those 2 cranes should be arriving pretty shortly in the coming weeks im assuming since we hit the bottom of the pit.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2019, 12:25 AM

I pass by the development every weekend on my way to work, and I've been curious about the garage doors here. As per this photo, it looks like you can enter what I presume to be the underground parkade for both the hotel and the condos from 2nd Ave, with that one-way entrance for two-way traffic with the stoplight. But then, I see the garage door around the left corner of the building, which as per the plans/schematics I saw on the MVA site, looks like they both feed to the same ramp (which would make sense).

Is the small door (as seen in the photo) for hotel guests and the larger one around the left corner for residential cars?

Also, thanks for the photo Alt.

Last edited by justabusinessstudent; Mar 11, 2019 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Crediting Alt for photo

Old Posted Mar 11, 2019, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabusinessstudent View Post

I pass by the development every weekend on my way to work, and I've been curious about the garage doors here. As per this photo, it looks like you can enter what I presume to be the underground parkade for both the hotel and the condos from 2nd Ave, with that one-way entrance for two-way traffic with the stoplight. But then, I see the garage door around the left corner of the building, which as per the plans/schematics I saw on the MVA site, looks like they both feed to the same ramp (which would make sense).

Is the small door (as seen in the photo) for hotel guests and the larger one around the left corner for residential cars?
I am 99% sure that the door on the front (west) side of the hotel is temporary. Clearly both doors lead to the same place but the north door is currently inaccessible due to the construction of the nutrien tower parkade.

I suppose in theory its possible that there will be separate doors into the parkade, and possibly even separate lanes down the ramp into the parkade... but I doubt it as there is only room for two lanes (as I recall).

Also, condo residents will be sharing the west door with hotel guests because the residents will be moving in well before the north door is accessible. I heard some condos may be turned over to residents as soon as April or May.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2019, 6:20 PM

I believe the access from 2nd Ave is temporary, as the Nutrien tower construction makes the other access (which should be the permanent access) inaccessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabusinessstudent View Post

Also, thanks for the photo Alt.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2019, 6:26 PM

Welcome to the forum asdfgh!

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 12:07 PM

Allan Construction got the contract for the repair of Sid Buckwald Bridge. They are planning on starting in approx. 6 weeks. Sounds like half the bridge will shut down at a time.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 2:12 PM

Didn't know about the bridge. Is that a resurfacing contract or is there more to this repair then that? It has certainly needed repair to the deck for a long time now!

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 3:36 PM

There's now a live cam for the Nutrien tower (and all encompassing tower construction!)

http://timelapse.stealthmonitoring.c...wdNPKCygwEen84

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Didn't know about the bridge. Is that a resurfacing contract or is there more to this repair then that? It has certainly needed repair to the deck for a long time now!
Repair of entire bridge, including resurfacing.. and rebuilding of outside pedestrian/bike area. Project will take a while..

Old Posted Mar 17, 2019, 1:46 PM

Was on Urban Capital Facebook page and they had a post from March 6th of a couple of workers doing finishing touches on the interior of one of the units. The post indicated they were getting ready for "the first move ins next month"!! There was also a response to a post in which they said they would soon put up some pics of "the view", which they describe as "quite spectacular".

Man...thank goodness for out of town good, reliable and visionary developers. In recent years, if not for Meridian here in Saskatoon, there wouldn't be much in the way of new quality construction.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 1:09 AM

Amen^^

More criticism needs to be done on these other “developers”, and we need to make a statue of John Nasser lol

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 6:12 PM

How long until Nutrien Tower is expected to break ground?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
How long until Nutrien Tower is expected to break ground?
We should see those 2 cranes soon, cam looks like they might be getting one ready or getting the base in at lease. By summer i believe we should be at grade and breaking ground.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 7:16 PM

I just went back and reviewed this thread. The current east tower crane was installed in mid April 2018. I am going to speculate that as in the case of the condo and east tower, the summer will be spent building the parkade, and it will reach grade somewhere around the beginning of Sept.

I think we are in for some interesting times soon. Escala is only about half sold, but I am guessing those units are very expensive. It will be interesting to see the response to River Terraces vs UC Broadway. I think that the UC Broadway condos will have even better views that #1RL. If it sells well I have every expectation that they will do another building.

Last edited by alt_center; Mar 18, 2019 at 9:01 PM.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 8:00 PM

I spoke with an employee from #1RL that is somewhat connected to the Broadway project. She said they aren't expecting sales to be anywhere near as robust as they were for #1RL, especially considering the other options that may be available; however, the project is still moving ahead at full speed.

Based on what we have seen from Northern Prairie in the past, I would bet Broadway UC goes 'live' before the former.

On a side note, if you look at the rendering on the MVA documents for Broadway UC, you can see the tip of the church to the east that will become the Meridian project. Would be neat to see a rendering to scale with both projects completed.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
I spoke with an employee from #1RL that is somewhat connected to the Broadway project. She said they aren't expecting sales to be anywhere near as robust as they were for #1RL, especially considering the other options that may be available; however, the project is still moving ahead at full speed.
Personally I would much prefer to buy in UC Broadway than Escala or River Terraces... but I have no idea at all about the costs of any of these projects. The Broadway location is fantastic and I like the "industrial loft" style of #1RL (I assume UC will stick with that in their new project and that it cuts costs a bit).

I am hereby predicting the UC Broadway project will be another big success and the fastest seller of the three... but I acknowledge I am totally biased by my fervent hope that it is successful enough to convince Victory Majors / UC to develop another building down by the farmers market.

I hope I don't sound like a shill for UC because I assure you I am not... I am just eager to see some high quality urbanization and downtown revitalization in our little city.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
Personally I would much prefer to buy in UC Broadway than Escala or River Terraces... but I have no idea at all about the costs of any of these projects. The Broadway location is fantastic and I like the "industrial loft" style of #1RL (I assume UC will stick with that in their new project and that it cuts costs a bit).

I am hereby predicting the UC Broadway project will be another big success and the fastest seller of the three... but I acknowledge I am totally biased by my fervent hope that it is successful enough to convince Victory Majors / UC to develop another building down by the farmers market.

I hope I don't sound like a shill for UC because I assure you I am not... I am just eager to see some high quality urbanization and downtown revitalization in our little city.
I think its nice there are three different projects with slightly different options for buyers to choose from.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 6:59 PM

Crane Base for Nutrien tower is in. Pour is tomorrow 200 meters for pad. Crane erection next week will be lot taller than the red wolf crane on RELT. Rebar will be pretty much done at end of the day for the pad.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi4life View Post
Crane Base for Nutrien tower is in. Pour is tomorrow 200 meters for pad. Crane erection next week will be lot taller than the red wolf crane on RELT. Rebar will be pretty much done at end of the day for the pad.
Interesting they plan to install a crane when it seems there is still lots of material to be excavated. That does not seem common to me (based on other threads I have been following). I wonder if they plan to use the crane to help lift out material? Space for access to the site is definitely at a premium. It is tough to get a good look into the pit, especially when they are working (which is usually the case when I go by).

The back of the condo above the hotel sure looks awkward.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan