HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaletown_fella View Post
The Ontario Line should be well into construction before 2022, so it'd make little sense to scrap it. Not to mention the original plan is inferior as it dosent go north of Danforth.

The only part of the Ontario Line that should be scrapped is the contrived section west of the University Line.
Is that the plan? Seems very ambitious.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 1:37 AM
BANNED

My biggest prediction is the Urban Rural divide will become a urban suburban divide.

I think the ponzi scheme that is mass immigration will finally start hitting a wall. Immigration numbers will plateau as the country rapidly ages.

You'll see a sort of estrangement between homeowner dominated areas and urban parts the of country that are much much younger and immigration dependent.

We'll see a rebound effect where millenials chase after their babyboomer peers in the newly devalued detached housing market. In turn the millenial-genx-boomer cohort will unite with a openly anti youth anti urban mindset.

The good news is I think we're gonna see a global surge in manufacturing technologies.

Commodities will go through the roof and there will be a massive clamour for energy.

Environmentalists will be panicing as self driving electric cars, small scale low cost manufacturing and solar become massive industries. We'll see the global warming goal post move from green tech to no tech.

The purchasing power of the planet will increase between 40 % in the west to 100 % with the rest.

The biggest difference I think will be the narrowing of the generation gap between people who are 35 and people who are 90. I think the line between retirement and having a career will blur. Most of the low level jobs will be done by people in their 20s/immigrants, Middle class people will start feeling a sense of entitlement about working from home.

All and all I suspect the world as a whole will get very boring. With the exception of Africa most of the world will be well past their demographic sweet spot. The middle Aged/Seniors will dominate most of society. All the talk of race, gender, and orientation will be forgotten. The youth will be at the bottom end of things and will be suffering the "it's your turn" effect. As they must support the boomer, while the Genxers/Millenials shut them out of all things and everything.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLocker View Post
My biggest prediction is the Urban Rural divide will become a urban suburban divide.

I think the ponzi scheme that is mass immigration will finally start hitting a wall. Immigration numbers will plateau as the country rapidly ages.

You'll see a sort of estrangement between homeowner dominated areas and urban parts the of country that are much much younger and immigration dependent.

We'll see a rebound effect where millenials chase after their babyboomer peers in the newly devalued detached housing market. In turn the millenial-genx-boomer cohort will unite with a openly anti youth anti urban mindset.

The good news is I think we're gonna see a global surge in manufacturing technologies.

Commodities will go through the roof and there will be a massive clamour for energy.

Environmentalists will be panicing as self driving electric cars, small scale low cost manufacturing and solar become massive industries. We'll see the global warming goal post move from green tech to no tech.

The purchasing power of the planet will increase between 40 % in the west to 100 % with the rest.

The biggest difference I think will be the narrowing of the generation gap between people who are 35 and people who are 90. I think the line between retirement and having a career will blur. Most of the low level jobs will be done by people in their 20s/immigrants, Middle class people will start feeling a sense of entitlement about working from home.

All and all I suspect the world as a whole will get very boring. With the exception of Africa most of the world will be well past their demographic sweet spot. The middle Aged/Seniors will dominate most of society. All the talk of race, gender, and orientation will be forgotten. The youth will be at the bottom end of things and will be suffering the "it's your turn" effect. As they must support the boomer, while the Genxers/Millenials shut them out of all things and everything.
What do you mean by this?

https://www.trudeaumetre.ca/

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 1:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
What do you mean by this?
I suspect the cost to produce a good will drop.

I.e, the cost of furniture, food, producing a car, fueling a car, and builing a home will on average decrease by about 40 percent. Or I guess in other terms people will be making more money as they become more productive.

The rest of the world will see large amounts of economic growth in addition to the industrial advancements.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeLocker View Post
I suspect the cost to produce a good will drop.

I.e, the cost of furniture, food, producing a car, fueling a car, and builing a home will on average decrease by about 40 percent. Or I guess in other terms people will be making more money as they become more productive.

The rest of the world will see large amounts of economic growth linked in with process.

I would dispute this; I would like other peoples opinion on this.

https://www.trudeaumetre.ca/

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 2:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
I would dispute this; I would like other peoples opinion on this.
Well be clear this is a absolutely a wild speculation thread, but I' think it is more likely than some would expect.

Energy, investment, and labour(raw resources are energy plus labour) are the biggest components of production. Would make sense that automation will radically reduce the expense of labor. And cheap to manufacture solar will give us a radical increase in daytime power. The last big ticket item is the investment. With increasing automation small scale manufacturing will be far more cost competitive. This will also give the benefit of flexibility which is needed when your primarily source of energy follows the duck curve.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada