HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 8:45 PM

The article mentions that the project is slated to be done by October of 2022. Wouldn’t that indicate that shovels should be in the ground sometime this spring?

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 5:04 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:19 PM.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 3:33 PM

I was on real estate site Point2homes for Saskatoon and specifically Nutana neighborhood and saw there are a number of units up for what I assume is "re-sale" for Highpoint already. I guess a number of the original buyers bought on spec with re-sale their intent.

Still no idea how sales for that project have gone, but hoping strong enough to see action on the site this spring.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I was on real estate site Point2homes for Saskatoon and specifically Nutana neighborhood and saw there are a number of units up for what I assume is "re-sale" for Highpoint already. I guess a number of the original buyers bought on spec with re-sale their intent.

Still no idea how sales for that project have gone, but hoping strong enough to see action on the site this spring.
I doubt that those are resale. Those are just a sample of units the developer has available for sale. They are all listed with the Boyes Group who is acting as the developer's agent. It's just another way to market Highpoint.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 5:39 PM

I was talking to someone selling units last week - apparently they're selling as good as river landing sold - just not as crazy as the insane bite the first time where it's a weekend sell out, but less backing out of their deposits after a few months. Construction is all on track for this year as is planned.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck10 View Post
I doubt that those are resale. Those are just a sample of units the developer has available for sale. They are all listed with the Boyes Group who is acting as the developer's agent. It's just another way to market Highpoint.
I can also add that I have a friend who picked up a unit and in the purchase agreement there are restrictions on re-sale of your unit prior to possession.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 5:59 PM

thanks for insight all. Good to hear sales are progressing well.
I would say Escala is selling very well, too which speaks volumes to the pent up demand for new build condo's in core areas.

Are you listening North Prairie????

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 9:05 PM

Quote:
thanks for insight all. Good to hear sales are progressing well.
I would say Escala is selling very well, too which speaks volumes to the pent up demand for new build condo's in core areas.

Are you listening North Prairie????
I'd love to see some more vancouver developers with deeper pockets than North Prairie like John Lefevre take a stab on the prairies. I'm surprised a Calgary or Edmonton developer hasn't dabbled here yet.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 9:19 PM

This forum has been dead for a while. Does anyone have any intel since January for this project? Sales levels? Projected start of construction? Anything?!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 3:28 PM

Last I heard from someone in the know was that sales are in a place that has them confident for a fall construction start.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 5:23 PM

Given our current circumstances it would be an incredible morale booster if they were able to start site prep this summer. We just need some positive signs of moving forward!
(it's a given that this could only happen under safe conditions)

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 7:42 PM

All A3's are sold out and have been for a few months now.

A few weeks ago only two D1's were left and they expanded the number of D1's right up to the 16th floor (and eliminated some of the penthouse units). I assume the D1's were selling well precipitating this change. All the original D1's are gone.

Also a few weeks ago there was only one C1 left.

They are over 50% sold. Possibly close to 60%.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 9:09 PM

What traditionally is the sales number required before a project feels secure enough to get shovels in the ground? Is there kind of an industry standard? Just curious.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 9:24 PM

Quote:
What traditionally is the sales number required before a project feels secure enough to get shovels in the ground? Is there kind of an industry standard? Just curious.
Well, this site suggests that to get financing you need around 70% sales. However, Escala went to construction with less than 50% sold so who knows.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Well, this site suggests that to get financing you need around 70% sales. However, Escala went to construction with less than 50% sold so who knows.
It is possible that many of the prime (i.e., higher priced) units sold first. So 60% units sold could translate into 70% sold by revenue (as a hypothetical example).

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
It is possible that many of the prime (i.e., higher priced) units sold first. So 60% units sold could translate into 70% sold by revenue (as a hypothetical example).
It is the other way around I think. More sold on lower floors. And the A3's all went first - river facing units at 525 sq ft. The Penthouse units have not been good sellers.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 9:17 AM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:19 PM.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
It is the other way around I think. More sold on lower floors. And the A3's all went first - river facing units at 525 sq ft. The Penthouse units have not been good sellers.
Hmm that's interesting. I think in places like Vancouver and Toronto, investors will snap up the lower priced units. At Escala, though, it definitely seems like the prime units went first. I was assuming that Highpoint corner units with river views would be in high demand. But, the thing about Highpoint is that I don't think you will need to be on a very high floor to get a fantastic view!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 9:42 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:20 PM.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 10:11 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:20 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan