HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Don't know you work there? Sounds like wishful thinking.
I work downtown, but not in that complex.
(so yes, it is wishful thinking )

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 8:26 PM

Quite a bit of movement in Cornwall.

Some of the usual post-Christmas closures (Calendar Club in former Birks; Pop-up clothing shop in former Danier), but some are longer-term tenants (Bentley; Things Engraved). Also some relocations (Chatters previously, The Source shortly - opening on main level towards the Bay in Feb). Interesting that many of the closures are in the area around Tim Hortons. Telus is about the only one not to have closed/moved.

Is Tim's still moving? If so, not surprising to see these shops relocating... that area was always a dead spot before Tim's opened. With it gone, I suspect it'll be relatively dead again.

(Garage is also closed for renos - no change to location, though)

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 8:55 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Quite a bit of movement in Cornwall.

Some of the usual post-Christmas closures (Calendar Club in former Birks; Pop-up clothing shop in former Danier), but some are longer-term tenants (Bentley; Things Engraved). Also some relocations (Chatters previously, The Source shortly - opening on main level towards the Bay in Feb). Interesting that many of the closures are in the area around Tim Hortons. Telus is about the only one not to have closed/moved.

Is Tim's still moving? If so, not surprising to see these shops relocating... that area was always a dead spot before Tim's opened. With it gone, I suspect it'll be relatively dead again.

(Garage is also closed for renos - no change to location, though)
And cue the ongoing rumours than H&M is considering that section of the mall (former Havok outside + ex-upstairs yoga studio, Smitty's, Chatters, Tim Hortons if they relocate). Maybe Bentley is being pushed out and Telus will be shifted over to fully take up that corner of the mall including the hallway/Things Engraved spot? Just spitballing/fanning the rumours.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 9:04 PM
arf

It would certainly be nice to have a sort-of anchor at that end of the mall. It is a dead-zone, although coffee was the perfect thing there for the business employee commuters heading into and out of the mall into adjoining buildings across the pedways.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 9:09 PM

Nope

Last edited by jigglysquishy; Feb 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
H&M is 100% confirmed and will start construction early Q2.
Do you know if a makeover of the 11th Ave frontage is part of this?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Do you know if a makeover of the 11th Ave frontage is part of this?
It is, but I don't know the design details.

Tims is taking the old Second Cup location and H&M is taking the old Havik and Smittys.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
It is, but I don't know the design details.

Tims is taking the old Second Cup location and H&M is taking the old Havik and Smittys.
...and (former) Chatters and (current) Tims on second floor.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 7:44 AM

I would guess H&M would also take over the empty former Bryan's location on the main floor just east of the old Havik as well?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I would guess H&M would also take over the empty former Bryan's location on the main floor just east of the old Havik as well?
The mall doesn't own that building.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 2:40 PM

Too bad about Bryan's. I thought they had a decent business selling inexpensive prom dresses to teens. I guess that is pretty seasonal.

We can't afford to lose street front retail downtown. H&M can't come soon enough.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 2:16 AM

Quote:
H&M is 100% confirmed and will start construction early Q2.
Any idea when this'll be announced? Seems like a fairly big deal. I know people have been wanting one in Regina for a while.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Any idea when this'll be announced? Seems like a fairly big deal. I know people have been wanting one in Regina for a while.
I suspect it'll be announced on a Friday with construction starting Monday.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 3:25 PM

Quote:
I suspect it'll be announced on a Friday with construction starting Monday.
I suspect in will be announced in the morning of weekday.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 11:50 PM

Grasslands Retail

Looks like the site map has been updated to list some of the tenants in the Urban Village segment. Little Caesars, Chopped Leaf, Tutti Frutti etc., as well as Blaze Pizza, which is one of the first in Canada and also Structube, which is kinda cool.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 7:49 PM

Quote:
H&M can't come soon enough.
More stores in the southeast corner of Cornwall have now closed... Bentley, Town Shoes, and Metalsmiths.

Other than Roots, Telus, ZamZam & Tims, every storefront in "Zone J" of the mall is now empty.

Like The Source, I'm assuming Telus will relocate (not close altogether) - Metalsmiths' former location seems like a decent bet, eh?

Cornwall better get an announcement out soon about H&M - most of the closed locations are just blank - no "coming soon" or "We're moving" - to a casual shopper, it could seem like the mall is dying.

(Cornwall Security also got a major upgrade - they've taken over the former medical office space facing SaskTel - a much larger footprint than they previously had - probably 2-3x larger).

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:32 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
More stores in the southeast corner of Cornwall have now closed... Bentley, Town Shoes, and Metalsmiths.

Other than Roots, Telus, ZamZam & Tims, every storefront in "Zone J" of the mall is now empty.

Like The Source, I'm assuming Telus will relocate (not close altogether) - Metalsmiths' former location seems like a decent bet, eh?

Cornwall better get an announcement out soon about H&M - most of the closed locations are just blank - no "coming soon" or "We're moving" - to a casual shopper, it could seem like the mall is dying.

(Cornwall Security also got a major upgrade - they've taken over the former medical office space facing SaskTel - a much larger footprint than they previously had - probably 2-3x larger).
I think metalsmiths was just renovating. I don't think it said they were closing out. HMV's space will be open soon though; all HMV locations in Canada are closing.

There could definitely be some major shuffling in the next while. Certainly agree it's starting to look bad to the casual shopper though...

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think metalsmiths was just renovating. I don't think it said they were closing out. HMV's space will be open soon though; all HMV locations in Canada are closing.

There could definitely be some major shuffling in the next while. Certainly agree it's starting to look bad to the casual shopper though...
Metalsmiths' website doesn't list a Cornwall Centre location anymore - just a reference to a "concept store" opening in Grasslands this month.

The Source's new location on the main level is now open - it is a big improvement (visually, at least - didn't check out the product select or customer service).

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:13 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Metalsmiths' website doesn't list a Cornwall Centre location anymore - just a reference to a "concept store" opening in Grasslands this month.

The Source's new location on the main level is now open - it is a big improvement (visually, at least - didn't check out the product select or customer service).
Interesting, well in that case the footprint would definitely does line up with Telus's current one.

As for the source, it felt like it had about the same amount of product, just much more spaced out. Pros and Cons to that I guess; it's less cramped, but also might not be as efficiency a use of space (though maybe the mall gave them a deal on rent to get them to shift)?

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 5:22 PM

Perhaps Hillberg and Berk moves into the corner vacated by Metalsmiths? I also noticed that Aldo's Accessory location is boarded up...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan