HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 27, 2019, 6:49 PM

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Old Posted Jan 27, 2019, 10:56 PM

thanks for the pictures! Can’t wait for the other tower to rise!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 2:16 AM

Looking good!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 3:14 PM

saw their sign said +50% leased. I would think that is pretty good for a building under construction and the other one a hole in the ground!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 3:43 PM

Anyone hear any rumors on what main level retail/restaurants are happening yet? I heard a very vague rumor from one of Keg's competitors that the Keg is considering (makes sense with the new Keg near downtown Regina - and Keg's being all over downtowns across Canada). That would be nice if they bailed on going into Brighton which I think makes absolutely no sense on a location and local disposable income perspective. I think someone also said TD's retail would be moving to the main level of one?

I have also heard from a corporate GoodLife Fitness person that they're thinking of upping their competition game here in Saskatoon and either rent there, or in the Scotia Center where Motion Fitness was supposed to go, a location in the north end near Motion Fitness's Lawson Heights location, and a smaller discount location - Fit4Less on the east side in Willowgrove. It sounds like Nutrien is going to have a very swanky fitness center in the building for employees - unless that is the GoodLife fitness, and building tenants get free access?

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 3:59 PM

The glazing looks totally different based on its slight slope. I think that will really emphasize the angled elements. But some glass looks different (e.g., the first two floors of the SE corner). I'll have to see the completed exterior with all the lobby glass to see how I feel about that. I think it will be OK... i.e., a transitional element between the ground and the tower where there is no podium. On the other hand maybe it would have looked good extend that angled mass on the SE corner right to the ground with the same glazing as above.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 5:25 PM

The glass on the SW corner will also look significantly different from the rest as it encloses the high open lobby area. Agree that the continuation of the angled glass would have looked cool - I think the issue is whether or not it would have worked with the functionality of the main floor space and the incorporation of entrances, etc.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2019, 5:30 PM

One thing about the glass I noticed is that is was very reflective. From Diefenbaker Park, the KPMG sign from River Centre I was fully reflected off the side - something that you just like notice in big cities with glass towers, and we've just never seen haha. I like it. I think the more transparent glass lower down creates a more engaging atmosphere. The more reflective glass resembles the Scotia Building downtown - where you can barely see inside, and hides the fact that the building isn't actually made of glass and has small windows inside. The corner lobby's 4 story ceiling of the retail part of scotiabank was actually covered with celing tiles until their renovation this past year, you can only see how great it looks now at night when the lights are on because the reflective glass hides it in the day - they even now have a great looking mural inside of Saskatoon that can't be seen from the outside because the glass is tooo reflective.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 5:56 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
River Landing West - Saskatoon - 93 meters - 18 storeys - Tallest building in Saskatchewan upon completion

NO. 1 River Landing - Saskatoon - 63 meters - 20 storeys

River Landing East - Saskatoon - 55 meters - 13 storeys
Lmao! Wow, woops! I meant to post this in the Canada construction thread.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 4:11 PM

Don't get the LMAO part, is this because you screwed up?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 4:15 PM

Do appreciate you sharing on the Canada thread though, thanks

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 1:49 AM

Think it was a shot at Saskatchewan in general. Memory serves me Chad lives in Toronto. Probably a poke at sleepy little Saskatchewan.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 2:43 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
Don't get the LMAO part, is this because you screwed up?
Yes because I posted it here, even though here is where I was quoting them from, and meant to put them in the Canada section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
Think it was a shot at Saskatchewan in general. Memory serves me Chad lives in Toronto. Probably a poke at sleepy little Saskatchewan.
And to rebut, I've never poked fun at Saskatchewan, hence why I share the progress pics posted here on the national section. I'm really impressed with the increasing amount of activity in Saskatoon. Also, I haven't lived in Toronto in 10 years, and I've lived in Vancouver since having lived in Toronto as well, and have been in Calgary for 7 years

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 6:53 AM

unlike some from Regina, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and most recently Nova Scotia that have posted disparaging comments about Saskatoon developments in this and other threads, Chadillaccc has always been very supportive and enthusiastic about construction in Saskatoon.
thanks for sharing Chadillaccc, it's been a while, you've been missed on SSP...

Last edited by SaskScraper; Feb 3, 2019 at 9:21 AM.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 2:26 PM

Yeah I have no clue how one would read that as a shot being taken at SK. Thanks for following what’s up around our parts, Chad!

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 4:06 PM

Chad's the man! Glad to have him back posting.
Time to visit Saskatoon, man...message me here when you come and I can show you the sites!

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 4:41 PM

Once again thanks for that Chad I already knew the answer as you have always been supportive and placed pictures in other sections that some of us don't visit often.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 6:41 PM

I love this development. I can't wait to see Nutrien tower finished and see the next building go up! It's really nice to see a smaller city like Saskatoon attracting development and growing fast. Currently living in similarly sized Windsor ON, which is currently in the dumps with slow growth and no real major development or transit improvement activities for a decade or so, so seeing other smaller cities growing like Saskatoon is giving me hope for my own city haha.

It's truly nice to see Canada's western cities growing more and more these days. Can't wait to see more buildings going up in SK!

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 1:57 PM

My wife has a bit of an inside scoop due to her line of work and the "word on the street" is that the ALT Hotel is very close to a soft opening...like speaking of days away!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
My wife has a bit of an inside scoop due to her line of work and the "word on the street" is that the ALT Hotel is very close to a soft opening...like speaking of days away!
Yup - I have co-workers from other cities coming to Saskatoon for meetings next week and they’re staying at the Alt on Tuesday night.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan