HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLac View Post
Once again, you're under the impression that MCD and Drai give a flying F*ck about "TurtleChuck's piss ant antics," - nothing could be further from the truth. He is merely a piece of lint on their Jersey....a rusty bottlecap, dirt under their fingernails - "Equalizer." He is a guy "that they're forced to play with this weekend and nothing more. Only a retard would see that them not attending the media session would indicate that he is "under their skin." They didn't have anything nice to say about him - which is why they didn't attend...it's called industry professionalism......you're unbelievable - you think this is all rehearsed and intended by the great "TurtleChuck." It's merely a coincidence.

Once again, you are a prime example of "you can't fix stupid"......

hahaha ya but you seem pretty butt-hurt over it all. "TRIGGERED"

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 10:35 PM
Community Guy

I cannot wait until Wed.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
I cannot wait until Wed.
And Saturday! Hasn't been this much riding on a BoA in about 30 years!

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 10:54 PM
Community Guy

^right!

Should be a fun week of all things BOA.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 2:26 AM

Canucks are due for a lull. At least a 3 game losing streak before they start winning again. Just hoping they are high scoring losses so Hughes can still be in Calder contention.

By the way, it will be an NHL record when Hughes is a Calder finalist - Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes. Maybe Hoglander can can make it 4?

There are others that can pull off that move, except he does it so incredibly fast.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 6:16 AM

St. Louis has only lost once this year after scoring the first goal.
And that was tonight in Vancouver with the Canuck's backup.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 3:47 PM

It feels like the Canucks have broken through some kind of barrier. Maybe from from average team to very good team. Earlier in the year they would have lost to the best team in the west after getting themselves to the top of the division, but they keep surging forward.

Interesting to see Virtanen taking over the top line spot from Boeser. Virtanen is racking up points at the same rate as Boeser was (on the top line), but Virtanen also adds size and speed to that line and makes more things happen. Not sure what has happened to Boeser. His father is not doing very well, so that would have an affect on him.

Last edited by logan5; Jan 28, 2020 at 4:03 PM.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 6:24 PM

Canucks are on a roll and everyone is having fun, that alone can change a teams course in the season. When you're losing all the time it's hard to be up for a game, but when you're winning, the game can't come soon enough.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 7:19 PM

How is it a the team (the Cannucks) has only 60 points and is in first place of the Pacific division? Is that division just weak this year? They would be in third place for a wildcard in the Eastern division.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 7:55 PM

There's an Eastern Division now?

The Pacific is just super competitive this year, practically a 5 way tie for first. No clear favourite though, so the stretch will very interesting.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 8:33 PM
Community Guy

Speaking of the NHL, I had the pleasure of playing pond hockey with Terry 'we separated penalty boxes' Harper this past weekend in Jasper.

5 cups with the Habs, captained LA/DET, coached Rockies, 61-82'

Watching the all-star game with him, over a few beers and comments on the current state of the league were interesting.

@ianoyeg

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 9:32 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
How is it a the team (the Cannucks) has only 60 points and is in first place of the Pacific division? Is that division just weak this year? They would be in third place for a wildcard in the Eastern division.
The Pacific this year is....not very good.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
There's an Eastern Division now?

The Pacific is just super competitive this year, practically a 5 way tie for first. No clear favourite though, so the stretch will very interesting.

I meant conference lol.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
I meant conference lol.
Figured, but I had to bug ya...

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
The Pacific this year is....not very good.
The Pacific Division is in a major transitional phase. The once elite California teams are all not very good now, and probably won’t be for a long time as they all have some major rebuilding to do.

Canucks leading the Pacific, even if it is weak, is fairly impressive, given how young our core is. Hughes is only a rookie and is quite clearly our best d man. Pettersson just coming off his rookie season.

Benning gets criticized quite heavily in hf boards but as a fan you have to be happy with the direction of the team and the rebuild, especially when you look at how long it takes other teams to rebuild. Canucks are at least on par with the Oilers, but our rebuild was about half the time.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
^right!

Should be a fun week of all things BOA.
Kassian and Oilers singing a different tune pre-game. Now it’s all about the points and not settling scores, guess we won’t be seeing much Lucic vs Kassian vs Tkachuk tomorrow. Just hope the refs don’t ruin the game by calling a bunch of nit-picky penalties.

Kassian feels as if he already delivered his message to Tkachuk, referring to the one-sided beatdown on Jan. 11, and said with the playoff race so tight, the Oilers can’t risk losing the next game just to make a statement.

‘It’s about the two points. That’s the way we’re going to stick it to them,” Kassian told reporters after practice Tuesday at Rogers Place.

“It’s about winning,” Edmonton head coach Dave Tippett said.
“Think of it this way: If this was the first game of the playoffs, would you be out to try to settle scores?

“Zack understands that. Zack knows he doesn’t want to put our team in a bad position.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...lames-tkachuk/

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:20 AM
Community Guy

I'd say that too.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 3:19 AM

The leage disciplinarian will be at both games, both teams have been warned, they have to say that. The game coust and clean, or it could completely go off the rails, we will see tomorrow!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 4:53 AM

Battle of Alberta is nothing like years ago now , both teams aren’t very good like years ago and with all the NHL rules now and the no touching anybody at all with your stick or it’s a penalty and the lack of physicality most games it pales in comparison to the 80 s and 90s . One little incident now with Kassian and Tkachuk with some yapping after and it’s like the teams had a line brawl or something from the real Battle of Alberta !!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawagord View Post
Kassian and Oilers singing a different tune pre-game. Now it’s all about the points and not settling scores, guess we won’t be seeing much Lucic vs Kassian vs Tkachuk tomorrow. Just hope the refs don’t ruin the game by calling a bunch of nit-picky penalties.

[I]Kassian feels as if he already delivered his message to Tkachuk, referring to the one-sided beatdown on Jan. 11, and said with the playoff race so tight, the Oilers can’t risk losing the next game just to make a statement.

‘It’s about the two points. That’s the way we’re going to stick it to them,” Kassian told reporters after practice Tuesday at Rogers Place.

“It’s about winning,” Edmonton head coach Dave Tippett said.
“Think of it this way: If this was the first game of the playoffs, would you be out to try to settle scores?

“Zack understands that. Zack knows he doesn’t want to put our team in a bad position.”[/I
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...lames-tkachuk/
When did Lucic become part of the Kassian / TurtleChuck dialog? On second thought, I guess he needs Lucic to fight his battles for him? Maybe that's what you mean?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada