HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 3:35 PM

Looks amazing!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 4:16 PM

The prices seem very reasonable to me, given the quality of the attraction. And they have already distributed thousands of vouchers to community organizations.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
article in FreePress talks about how expensive it will be. I'm not sure what to think, seems up there but I believe I paid similar to see places in Victoria, Seattle, etc.

Assiniboine Park Conservancy has announced the following admission rates for the Leaf. GST is not included.

Gate rate
• Adults (18-59): $15.50
• Seniors (60-plus): $13.50
• Students (with a valid student ID): $13.50
• Children: (Three to 17): $8.50
• Children aged two and under: Free

Online rate
• Adults (18-59): $15
• Seniors (60-plus) $13
• Students (with a valid student ID): $13
• Children: (Three to 17): $8.25
• Children aged two and under: Free
These prices are very reasonable IMO.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 9:52 PM

I don't want to make issue of prices, though I do understand the argument even if I may not agree with it in principal. What gets me though is the notion that folks are going to be going many times a year. Perhaps a small group of enthusiasts surely may consider some kind of annual membership if offered, or 3+ trips. For many, I cannot imagine that you make repeated visits every month or what have you. Undoubtedly a declining economy set to toss people into some measure of chaos is impactful across the board. However, a family of 4 spending roughly $45 to go once a year vs. say $20 collectively isn't terribly impactful, yet would likely have a massive impact on the bottom line of the facility. I'm sure the funding model is rather convoluted and could be deconstructed to make all kinds of arguments, but I don't think that folks who would go at most once or twice a year (99+% of metro-Winnipeggers and Manitobans?) would be severely hampered.

*Those in impecunious situations are part of a different conversation, and considering needs and some measure of equity is certainly important

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan