HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
Thanks for the pictures Alt, your going to have quite the collection by the time its done
Yep! I've had to purge my phone more than once in the last year ....

Oct. 25 Pictures:

^^^ Working on the fourth floor columns. Also its hard to see in this picture but it looks like they are installing the glass on the 20th (penthouse) condo floor.

^^^ From Spadina Cresc.

^^^ From 3rd. Ave.

^^^ North tower site

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 4:37 AM

TD and EY

Noticed on LinkedIn the other day posts from the leasing agents that both EY (currently in Saskatoon Square) and TD are moving into River Landing, TD into Nutrien Tower. About 20,000 sq ft for TD, unsure if this means the downtown branch or TD Securities, also in Saskatoon Square. Surprised that there doesn’t seem to be anything online about this. There is going to be some vacant space when this project is done...obviously there is a demand for the new Class A space that has not been built in decades.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 3:24 PM

Not surprising for TD as they bought Greystone Management

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
Not surprising for TD as they bought Greystone Management
And for those who don't know, Greystone is the money behind the River Landing office towers.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 5:57 PM

North Tower

So is there an official figure for the height and number of floors for the North tower when it's completed? And the East one currently under construction?

I tried going back through this thread to see any mention, but it seems like it's all over the place.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
So is there an official figure for the height and number of floors for the North tower when it's completed? And the East one currently under construction?

I tried going back through this thread to see any mention, but it seems like it's all over the place.
i updated the thread title a month ago. It seems like the 18 storeys-93m is the official height of the North tower, if it changes once construction is done, ill re-edit the title. Same goes for the east tower, we never really got the final height but its in between the hotel and the condo.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
i updated the thread title a month ago. It seems like the 18 storeys-93m is the official height of the North tower, if it changes once construction is done, ill re-edit the title. Same goes for the east tower, we never really got the final height but its in between the hotel and the condo.
Thanks for the clarification, so many numbers!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 4:47 PM

TD's office was in dire needs of an upgrade downtown. Not sure if anyone's noticed but the Scotia Building downtown is going under some serious main floor upgrades on the main floor that are gorgeous (Scotia has the main floor for personal banking and a few commercial bankers on the 5th floor, Canpotex basically has the rest of the building). I think the other bank that could look to move into here is HSBC. They have quite a significantly different presence (only two of the lower floor of their building) here than they do in regina downtown. Some would say they forget they exist in Saskatoon lol. I've also recently been in their office and it is very bunk. One of their new heads is also from Saskatoon so hopefully that sells Saskatoon better than Regina!

Now that Saskatoon Square is seeing a 50%+ exodus on tenants, it will be interesting to see if they do some serious upgrades or incentives to lure in suburban tenants. I've heard from TD that their office there is hella cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. Scotia Wealth just went through some serious renovations there this past year so they aren't going anywhere - I could see them move their commercial banking from 2nd Ave to Saskatoon Square as their practice has been to find the cheapest downtown rates they can find - and their current commercial space in the Scotia Building is garbage lol. The only tenants left at Stoon Square are RBC Wealth, Wellington Altus, and CBRE. I saw last night someone is taking over the third floor at Saskatoon Square. Tim Horton's will most likely also either relocate to River Landing and fight starbucks for a main level space, or open another downtown establishment. I know a lot of EY'ers that would walk over to the Starbucks on 2nd Ave so both may open joints in this area. There's definitely room for two coffee shops including Good Earth in the KPMG building.

And before I end my long rant about switching office space. I am praying the popular downtown chain restaurants from other cities up their game in Saskatoon and start competing with Cactus Club. I'd be happy to either see a second Cactus Club as this atmosphere definitely appeals to them, a new Earls (as this Earls doesn't seem to represent the actual Earls brand anymore),Milestones, Keg, or a Moxies that's not next to a freeway lol. To my knowledge, the only more popular Canadian luxury restaurant chain that's not in Saskatoon but is in Edmonton and Winnipeg would be Joey - which I love and am obsessed with. Praying they come! https://joeyrestaurants.com/

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 5:27 PM

I would like to see a Joey, as well! Another "fun" one would be Pickle Barrell. I think another Keg or Moxies downtown would be great too. Of course there is always opportunity for Dale Mackay (Aidens, Prairie Grouse, Sticks and Stones) to open up another independent one!!

I just hope there are more dining and lounge/bar options included in the river front developments.

BTW....there is a really nice coffee shop opened up in The Banks...so if you get the chance pop in to support. I have no affiliation, but just want these independents who take a risk in that area to have some success!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
To my knowledge, the only more popular Canadian luxury restaurant chain that's not in Saskatoon but is in Edmonton and Winnipeg would be Joey - which I love and am obsessed with. Praying they come! https://joeyrestaurants.com/
I'm feeling old as everytime I think of that place I remember my grandparents taking me to Joey Tomato's in Kelowna when it wasn't really "luxury" just a decent pasta place. Also I just learned on Wikipedia that Joey's founder is the son of one of the Earl's founders.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
I'm feeling old as everytime I think of that place I remember my grandparents taking me to Joey Tomato's in Kelowna when it wasn't really "luxury" just a decent pasta place. Also I just learned on Wikipedia that Joey's founder is the son of one of the Earl's founders.
Joey, Cactus Club and Earls are all affiliated and are considered Premium_casual.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 7:02 PM

According to Colliers, the Nutrien Tower is 60% pre-leased while the East Tower is currently 50% pre-leased. The East Tower is to be completed by around this time next year, while the Nutrien Tower is slated to be completed by winter 2021.

https://www.collierscanada.com/19888#.W9dYxxNKjOQ

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 2:39 PM

Not sure how deep Urban Capital or Victory Majors pockets are, but looks like another prime piece of real estate will be up for sale at River Landing with an allowable development height of 95m. Given they already have a proposed project on the books for Broadway, we may need to look for another developer....but have little confidence in our "local" folks to take the 'risk' or build anything iconic.

Still exciting to see the land finally being released for development!

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...t-10-5-million

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Not sure how deep Urban Capital or Victory Majors pockets are, but looks like another prime piece of real estate will be up for sale at River Landing with an allowable development height of 95m. Given they already have a proposed project on the books for Broadway, we may need to look for another developer....but have little confidence in our "local" folks to take the 'risk' or build anything iconic.

Still exciting to see the land finally being released for development!

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...t-10-5-million
On Parcel Y they partnered with Greystone from Regina. It has $40 Billion under management. It was just acquired yesterday by TD Bank

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 6:05 PM

Urban Capital has announced several new projects recently, and their M City project in Mississauga appears massive. They and their partners do seem to have deep pockets. I can't see why they would not do yet another project in Saskatoon if the Broadway project sells well.

In the Saskatoon Construction thread Crisis posted a link to a survey that said most people would prefer a single family detached home. To me that is no surprise but there does seem to be a previously untapped market for "downtown urban" living in Saskatoon. I guess we will see just how big that market actually is.

I have been traveling for work and I will be away for the next several weeks. I do plan to resume my "weekly" photo updates when I am back in town. Should anyone else pass by the site with a camera ...

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 4:33 PM

Not a current photo but still interesting, from the StarPhoenix:

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...vention-centre

Old Posted Nov 11, 2018, 4:01 AM

Was walking down the university bridge the other day and was picturing the look of a completed parcel y on the west side of the river behind the Bes and Radisson and then having the escala poking up along with Urban Capital's Broadway project on the east side of the river and our city has the makings of a pretty nice postcard from that angle. Be nice to get the art gallery in there, but you can't win them all!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 2:53 PM

Was walking across the Traffic Bridge yesterday (have to say I am appreciating the wider ped/bike paths on that bridge) and it looked to me that the office tower is now working on the 6th floor. I cannot believe how quickly the buildings on that site go up once the parkade is completed.

It also looked to me like more site prep was occurring on the North Tower (Nutrien Tower) site....maybe there will be some sod turning event there soon? I believe when Riverlanding No1 was first being built, someone had posted on here that excavation is actually easier when ground is frozen...so maybe we see heavy equipment there in the next few months??

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 1:14 PM

The Alt Hotel sign is up! Looks good....any idea of their revised opening date? I believe it was suppose to be this Fall.

Last edited by prairieguy; Nov 14, 2018 at 7:08 PM.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 8:17 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan