HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 4:07 PM

Looking on Kijiji there are a number of units for rent coming in May for RL1. Some more reasonably priced (at $1650/month) than that $3000/month rent we saw a while back. I actually found that same ad and they dropped it to $2800/month now haha

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
Interesting they plan to install a crane when it seems there is still lots of material to be excavated. That does not seem common to me (based on other threads I have been following). I wonder if they plan to use the crane to help lift out material? Space for access to the site is definitely at a premium. It is tough to get a good look into the pit, especially when they are working (which is usually the case when I go by).
The excavation for the Nutrien Tower is down to depth now - remember it's only 3 levels down, unlike the East Tower which has 4 levels. There is still the ramp to be dug out, but that's really about it for excavation remaining.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 11:17 PM

The budget added about $60 million in annual taxes to Nutrien - hopefully that doesn’t have any effect on hiring in both Saskatoon and Calgary...

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 11:26 PM

A little deeper look into the pit from a buddy at KPMG

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 5:11 PM
the heat goes on

https://eatoeb.com

tenant for east tower

Old Posted Mar 23, 2019, 5:59 PM

The photo above also shows the tall structural glass around the lobby on the SW corner of the East Tower.

I presume the breakfast place will be going into the main floor retail space. There is also potential for a restaurant on the top floor of the East Tower.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2019, 5:53 PM

Most Pagnotta jobs will have a tower crane in the hole while excavation is still on process and foundations will chase the excavators.. all of our jobs are like that, the Banks project was the same thing. foundations will start late next week at the Nutrien tower. last vertical wall was also poured at 13th floor on saturday morning at the east tower.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2019, 5:56 PM

i take it the boys will be out of the hole mid July on this tower if not sooner, if weather holds up and from what i understand the schedule is insane on this

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 12:23 AM

Couple pics from today

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
https://eatoeb.com

tenant for east tower
That's a really great tenant if it's true. Their location in downtown Edmonton is always packed, and the food is incredible.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 9:23 PM

Looks like the tower crane is going up

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 5:28 AM

The tower crane for the Nutrien Tower is going to be something to see. It needs to clear the hotel but stay under the boom of the crane currently in place at the East Tower. The result is going to be a very tall unsupported tower that will look pretty spindly.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
The tower crane for the Nutrien Tower is going to be something to see. It needs to clear the hotel but stay under the boom of the crane currently in place at the East Tower. The result is going to be a very tall unsupported tower that will look pretty spindly.
Im curious on why they just dont set up the 'luffer' model for the tower crane for this paticular tower, the same one that built the Hill tower III in Regina...seeing as the jib arm is angled and could easily resolve this issue. There must be a reason why unless that is the plan?

I rode past earlier as the crane was being set up and thought the same thing as you Crisis. It will have to be super tall or be that luffer model.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
There's now a live cam for the Nutrien tower (and all encompassing tower construction!)

http://timelapse.stealthmonitoring.c...wdNPKCygwEen84

Thought I would repost the live cam for us out of town folk :-)

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Im curious on why they just dont set up the 'luffer' model for the tower crane for this paticular tower, the same one that built the Hill tower III in Regina...seeing as the jib arm is angled and could easily resolve this issue. There must be a reason why unless that is the plan?

I rode past earlier as the crane was being set up and thought the same thing as you Crisis. It will have to be super tall or be that luffer model.
I'd originally thought that the reach on a luffer would be more limited than a traditional tower crane with a horizontal jib but doing a little digging online, looks like it's more a function of cost:

http://metas.co/Dosyalar/LINDEN_COMA..._vs_torres.pdf

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
I'd originally thought that the reach on a luffer would be more limited than a traditional tower crane with a horizontal jib but doing a little digging online, looks like it's more a function of cost:

http://metas.co/Dosyalar/LINDEN_COMA..._vs_torres.pdf
Yeah thats why i kind of thought too. I could see the airport having something to do with it as well The article mentions some projects with the luffer model need clearence before proceeding with that paticular crane.

Just would make more sense for this tower i guess, especially since there still might be another crane assembled too.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 10:21 PM

reason why they wont go with the Luffer is because that crane is Pagnotta personal crane and was sitting in the yard in Saskatoon, Also a Luffer would be very expensive compared to just setting up this bad boy..there is also a 4 meter deflection in the tower itself at the top when it picks up loads at the end of its boom so the crane operator will feel like hes going down a bit, also this crane will get jacked up later in the project. from what im hearing if Pagnotta get the contract for that 17 story tower on Broadway they will be putting up a Luffer on that one.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 3:23 AM

Interesting article on the CKOM website:

East Tower at River Landing nearly complete
Saskatoon / 650 CKOM
Keenan Sorokan
March 26, 2019
URL: https://www.ckom.com/2019/03/26/548330/

One interesting statement in the above article is that the tower will be ready for the first tenants in June!

Some pictures from today (Mar. 27):

^^^ Apologies for the focus. I think the crane is taller than the condo. What a climb! Plus, the base is in the pit! I would hate to need a bio-break when up there! I wonder if... ahh nevermind.

When down at the plaza the buildings really loom large overhead (I find that impression does not come across at all in cell phone photos). Once the Nutrien Tower is up it will be Saskatoon's first area with a "big city" feel (IMHO anyway).

^^^ Lobby glass going in. It looks like each vertical lobby section is composed of three panes.

^^^ Construction fencing removed from condo entrance. There were pallets of grey bricks out front. I'm not sure exactly where they might be going.

^^^ It was hard to see the angled elements of the tower before the glass went on but now it really stands out when viewing it in person.

^^^ From the corner of 19th St. and 2nd Ave. I could not get the entire crane into my cell phone's field of view. It was impossible to get anywhere near the pit today.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 5:42 PM

Looks like a reflective sturdy stone place.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 9:48 PM

Parcel Y project celebrates milestone at River Landing
Saskatoon StarPhoenix
Updated: March 27, 2019

“I was one of those who was skeptical,” Mayor Charlie Clark said to the people gathered atop the first of two office towers on Tuesday. “This is going to define our city well into the future.”

The builders of a $300-million mega-project at River Landing marked a milestone for a complex many thought would never happen.

“I was one of those who was skeptical,” Mayor Charlie Clark said to the people gathered atop the first of two office towers on Tuesday. “This is going to define our city well into the future.”

Tuesday’s “topping” ceremony entailed pouring concrete to mark the completion of the top floor.

The smaller of two office towers is expected to be completed by November. The Alt Hotel on the site known as Parcel Y opened last month and the condo tower is slated to open this year.

Read more here.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan