HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmx View Post
Poundmaker Building has a nice ring to it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chi...tion-1.5126471

Tootoosis Building even better. Plus he was a real nice guy who helped launch River Landing.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...died-at-age-69
These are not public buildings. They will be named for whoever pays to have their name on it in order to help pay for the construction.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 3:09 PM

I've heard from a source that the East Tower will have the RBC Wealth Management logo on it. Not sure if that will extend to building name.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 3:25 PM

It would make sense if they were One, Two and Three River Landing; similar to the building names of the World Trade Center in NYC. One River Landing is already being used by the condo portion of the first building anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
These are not public buildings. They will be named for whoever pays to have their name on it in order to help pay for the construction.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Exactly.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm310 View Post
It would make sense if they were One, Two and Three River Landing; similar to the building names of the World Trade Center in NYC. One River Landing is already being used by the condo portion of the first building anyway.
I don't disagree but it's not going to happen, as the last office tower has already been named Nutrien Tower. I don't believe that any tenant in the East Tower is going to occupy a dominant portion of that building, so it may well not receive a corporately branded name.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 4:00 PM

Quote:
It's been a few years since the Dubes or the Remais have continued their neverending war to have the most stuff in the city named after them...

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I've heard from a source that the East Tower will have the RBC Wealth Management logo on it. Not sure if that will extend to building name.
Yes building name, ownership and building top signage are potentially all separate. The law firm MLT Akins will be a much bigger tenant in the East Tower than RBC WM.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 4:06 AM

Quote:
Yes building name, ownership and building top signage are potentially all separate. The law firm MLT Akins will be a much bigger tenant in the East Tower than RBC WM.
I thought I heard that RBC was taking up the main floor for retail and closing their 1st Ave Branch? Might be a dual MLT/RBC logo thing similar to Scotiabank/Canpotex on 2nd.

On a completely irrelevant topic, Scotiabank just got a new logo so expect some fancy new logos on that building very soon.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 11:53 AM

Rotary park is definitely my favourite view - sure doesn’t look like the Saskatoon I know at that angle

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 11:55 AM

We forgot about the cam a few pages back:

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 2:45 PM

Beautiful pic there, roryn1, thanks for that. And thanks for the other one, Echoes; much appreciated. I keep thinking of the Jazz Fest exposure and other folks coming to see the Picasso prints, or both, walking along the riverbank, and then - wtf? Joni Mitchell hails from here? Coffee shop on Broadway? Let's check that out! Wait, look up! Whoa! A modern skyline! Let's take a break in the Nasserpark here.

Sacko'doom is definitly becoming Saskaboom, or let's say Saskabloom for springtime. Haha. With River Landing happening beyond expectations you know what? Let cheap local developers add to the sprawl. Saskatoon is small, even with the next ten years of development into the 'burbs mapped out. But let it go. Because Saskatoon has a strong heart in downtown - with a few local visionaries stepping up - and there's finally life along the riverbank flowing through its veins! It makes for a safer, more vibrant city. (I couldn't believe River Landing One was the first building in Saskabush with a concierge. That's pathetic, ah, I mean, great!) Cheers to more!

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
Beautiful pic there, roryn1, thanks for that. And thanks for the other one, Echoes; much appreciated. I keep thinking of the Jazz Fest exposure and other folks coming to see the Picasso prints, or both, walking along the riverbank, and then - wtf? Joni Mitchell hails from here? Coffee shop on Broadway? Let's check that out! Wait, look up! Whoa! A modern skyline! Let's take a break in the Nasserpark here.

Sacko'doom is definitly becoming Saskaboom, or let's say Saskabloom for springtime. Haha. With River Landing happening beyond expectations you know what? Let cheap local developers add to the sprawl. Saskatoon is small, even with the next ten years of development into the 'burbs mapped out. But let it go. Because Saskatoon has a strong heart in downtown - with a few local visionaries stepping up - and there's finally life along the riverbank flowing through its veins! It makes for a safer, more vibrant city. (I couldn't believe River Landing One was the first building in Saskabush with a concierge. That's pathetic, ah, I mean, great!) Cheers to more!
Hi Ricopedra; welcome back to the thread!

I went past there last night on my way home from work and RL was full of walkers and cyclists and runners and all sorts. Its great to see.

And, these buildings look even better in person than in the various photographs I have posted here. My cell phone camera has a way of making everything look small (I have found that to be true of many buildings or sights that I have seen in person around the world).

I think it takes a talented photographer with a good eye (and proper equipment) to capture the true essence of sights like this. I never get tired of seeing photos of these (and other) buildings. Its interesting to see things from other people's points of view.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 3:53 PM

Hey alt center, thanks, man! As soon as I posted I thought about you, too. Your updates are always welcomed and appreciated, I'm sure by everyone here. Great shots of the hole progress, btw. I guess the only thing I can say now, as you've opened yourself up to the jab is - don't take d-pics with your phone-cam! Cheers, Mate!>)

Last edited by Ricopedra; May 10, 2019 at 5:38 AM. Reason: general admission

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
Rotary park is definitely my favourite view - sure doesn’t look like the Saskatoon I know at that angle

That's a nice shot, but also kinda dissapointing--the East Tower looks like it could triple in size with the size of its base. Looking kinda stumpy, but maybe once the taller North tower is in it won't look as odd. Certainly better than a dirt parking lot either way though.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyku View Post
That's a nice shot, but also kinda dissapointing--the East Tower looks like it could triple in size with the size of its base. Looking kinda stumpy, but maybe once the taller North tower is in it won't look as odd. Certainly better than a dirt parking lot either way though.
Agreed. I thought the same thing when I saw the photo. In fairness, though, it does look taller close up and in most other photos. It emphasizes the fact that it has a pretty big floor plate for an office building in
Saskatoon. Or perhaps the staggered floor plates just give that impression from some angles.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
... I guess the only thing I can say now, as you've opened yourself up to the jab is ...
I knew even as I was typing my post I was asking for it... glad the interwebs didn't disappoint!

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyku View Post
Agree with this. I think Nutrien Tower will balance out the entire complex nicely.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 2:16 AM

I haven't seen it in person, but 4 flrs (height-wise) of staggered glass still to go. It'll look still better then. I wonder if they'd had Nurien on board from the beginning if they would ever have thought of one 'scraper? 30 floors or so...never mind:>)

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Agree with this. I think Nutrien Tower will balance out the entire complex nicely.
I think it's perfect because it sets up our downtown for a 15-20 story tower where Mckercher/CJWW/Chery Insurance office is right behind - maybe 10 years down the road? And THEN - a 30 story building behind that. I'd personally rather see some smaller 10-15 story towers directly next to the river so that our downtown still has opportunity to densify with the higher suckers of the future - when I'm dead

Old Posted May 16, 2019, 3:33 PM

Here's an older pic, but a nice one, by Dwanye Davidson on google maps:

You folks worried about it looking fat should worry about yourselves, haha!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan