HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 9:58 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Too many useless alt-right dog whistle threads

Why are there suddenly 50 threads created the the same right wing nutter butter trolls with the same point aka "All non white non conservative non male people are terrorists." Lamenting the death of the car, VIA rail, natives can't do ____, etc. Please consider closing them all down and merging them into a single Canadian political discussion thread. This is getting insane!

There are more flame wars and flare ups happening than typical Western Canadian forest fire season and I am no better. I am sick of it and just want to discuss real issues, not fight troll culture 24/7 on here... Thanks!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:05 PM

I have no stake in this, or any political talk on this board seeing as I find it overly toxic. However I think you may have just created the seed for another thread full of what you just described.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:06 PM

I just went looking for these threads and couldn't find any.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
Why are there suddenly 50 threads created the the same right wing nutter butter trolls with the same point aka "All non white non conservative non male people are terrorists." Lamenting the death of the car, VIA rail, natives can't do ____, etc. Please consider closing them all down and merging them into a single Canadian political discussion thread. This is getting insane!

There are more flame wars and flare ups happening than typical Western Canadian forest fire season and I am no better. I am sick of it and just want to discuss real issues, not fight troll culture 24/7 on here... Thanks!
Yeah why are so many new threads popping up for small things lately? There were two insurance threads in Vancouver.

Though I do take offense to that statement that somehow its the fault of the right. Not everythings a conspiracy.

Plus the rail strikes are protests against a left wing provincial government.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:14 PM

Yes, because everything in life centers around right vs left...

Gotta say I'm getting mighty tired of the extremes - surely there must still be some people left in the world that can get their fucking head out of their phones long enough to think for themselves...

Sigh... OK, back to the bickering...

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:17 PM

I kind of agree with he OP. Having said that I see just as many posts from the wacky left on here. You should be happy there is a bit more freedom on these boards. Other boards are not so tolerant.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Why not engage these people with well reasoned counter points if you disagree with them?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:28 PM

There should be a blanket ban on new political threads, we already have too many. Let's not use the bs "both sides" argument here either, these threads have all been conservative and right-wing. This problem extends beyond the political realm, there are multiple threads about highways, transit, etc that should have been folded into each other by the mods immediately upon creation.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
Why not engage these people with well reasoned counter points if you disagree with them?
Because people never stay on topic. As you know doubt have seen. Too many straw men too many devil's advocates. Facts are like holy water to most people as you've seen.

I want this board to act more like wikipedia. Verified facts please, not just more nonsensical hypocritical opinions.

AND PS for Lusito. This is 100% engaging with people with alternative opinions... #JustSaying again facts are important.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
There should be a blanket ban on new political threads, we already have too many. Let's not use the bs "both sides" argument here either, these threads have all been conservative and right-wing. This problem extends beyond the political realm, there are multiple threads about highways, transit, etc that should have been folded into each other by the mods immediately upon creation.
Agreed. Just from a logical POV that's what I want. As you can tell from here, most people have used this to attack me as a straw man, AGAIN. Hence why I don't tend to engage though I READ EVERY. SINGLE. COMMENT. OFTEN POPCORN AND VAPE IN HAND.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
Yes, because everything in life centers around right vs left...

Gotta say I'm getting mighty tired of the extremes - surely there must still be some people left in the world that can get their fucking head out of their phones long enough to think for themselves...

Sigh... OK, back to the bickering...
Talking about salty OK BOOMER EYEROLLING... Right back at ya!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:32 PM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
...though I READ EVERY. SINGLE. COMMENT. OFTEN POPCORN AND VAPE IN HAND.
I'm no fan of the alt-right idiots on SSP either, but I think the problem is mainly with you.

Why read everything?

And this is a discussion forum, not Wikipedia.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:

Talking about salty OK BOOMER EYEROLLING... Right back at ya!
Nice. Ok whatever age group you are in, because everybody belonging every age group is the same as everybody else in their age group. Thanks for your wisdom.

Some of you guys crack me up.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Because people never stay on topic. As you know doubt have seen. Too many straw men too many devil's advocates. Facts are like holy water to most people as you've seen.

I want this board to act more like wikipedia. Verified facts please, not just more nonsensical hypocritical opinions.

AND PS for Lusito. This is 100% engaging with people with alternative opinions... #JustSaying again facts are important.
Get every time I respond to your post, on topic, you blow up at me over nothing? Perhaps it's not everyone else that is the problem?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:42 PM

I think trying to suppress it will only lead to more issues. Better to have an outlet for such discussions in designated threads. Makes it easy to ignore, too, if one is inclined to do so.

edit - 2k posts, woohoo

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:45 PM

The (current) Via Rail thread started in November 2019...

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 10:47 PM

Honestly, my opinion? (like anybody wants to hear my opinion... lol)

If the thread pisses you off, don't read it. There will always be folks that you don't agree with and don't agree with you. If you feel like getting involved, do it, and if you don't... don't.

Now I just have to learn to follow my own advice....

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 11:22 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
Get every time I respond to your post, on topic, you blow up at me over nothing? Perhaps it's not everyone else that is the problem?
This seems to be a pattern. The temperament and rhetorical style of the alt-right with the political views of the progressive left. A very strange chimera.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 11:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
This seems to be a pattern. The temperament and rhetorical style of the alt-right with the political views of the progressive left. A very strange chimera.
Its almost as if political views do not make you a better or worse person.....

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 11:33 PM

I also find it interesting these days that to some anything right of centre ( or even simply anything right of one’s own politics ) immediately equate to the alt right extreme.

The same is true for anyone to the left being immediately labeled an SJW.

Both of these nauseating characters exist but 90% of what I read and see on SSP is not these assholes.

The intention of this thread though is a joke.

Tired of the binary politics of the last decade.

Also of note, anyone who simply uses “okay boomer” or “snowflake” as the base of their argument does not have any real argument to make.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada