HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
More post-security options a possibility at YQR

https://www.cjme.com/2019/05/09/more...bility-at-yqr/

A direct flight to Montreal would be awesome!!!!
Do you think based on the fact they're considering moving security downstairs = they're getting somewhere with new flights?!

Boy oh boy... YUL would be awesome!

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 5:28 PM

Quote:

Where-in-the-hell is the RAA going to stick preboarding security downstairs? (Lol!!!) The main floor is overcrowded as it is. That building has been rearranged so many damn times, it only amounts to deck chair shuffling.

Instead of expanding the airport terminal between 1983-86, they should have built anew on the north side of the old terminal, levelled the old terminal, and expanded southward. The old structure entombed within the 'new' is still too hampering any meaningful enhancements.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 6:44 PM

Quote:

I just brought in a client from Montreal this past week and they had to do Calgary first, as is typical - and so painful for them. You'd think like Regina or Saskatoon could be the hub for one or the other versus Calgary and Winnipeg - we're the size of Winnipeg together.. Come on Westjet start up some Regina to Saskatoon regional flights - how is Lloydminster to Calgary feasible and Saskatoon to Regina not...

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
I just brought in a client from Montreal this past week and they had to do Calgary first, as is typical - and so painful for them. You'd think like Regina or Saskatoon could be the hub for one or the other versus Calgary and Winnipeg - we're the size of Winnipeg together.. Come on Westjet start up some Regina to Saskatoon regional flights - how is Lloydminster to Calgary feasible and Saskatoon to Regina not...
Well, the reason as to why WJ flies between Calgary and Lloyd is because WJ contracts Pacific Coastal to fly such routes. In this case, Pacific Coastal utilizes Saab-340s; they seat up to 34 pax.

Old Posted May 12, 2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Where-in-the-hell is the RAA going to stick preboarding security downstairs? (Lol!!!) The main floor is overcrowded as it is. That building has been rearranged so many damn times, it only amounts to deck chair shuffling.

Instead of expanding the airport terminal between 1983-86, they should have built anew on the north side of the old terminal, levelled the old terminal, and expanded southward. The old structure entombed within the 'new' is still too hampering any meaningful enhancements.
Both YXE and YVR have been expansions onto old building going back decades. They are both quite effective buildings.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:51 PM

Here's some stats on Saskatoon airport passenger growth vs GDP

https://sreda.com/isl/uploads/2019/03/Airport-GDP.pdf

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 8:22 PM

AC service reduction at YXE

I’ve noticed AC has eliminated all of their YWG flights and reduced YYC frequency. The last arriving AC flight is now from YYZ before 9pm. No late night YYC arrivals. I was talking to one of the lounge ladies and she noted that it will likely be permanent.

YXE - YYZ is also being Rogue’d for a while this summer. Not sure if this is related to capacity issues with the 737 MAX groundings - but hopefully not a sign of their future plans.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 2:46 AM

Kreos and Canada Post Facilities update at YQR.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Jun 1, 2019 at 3:21 AM.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 1:35 PM

Nice pics! That hangar is to be able to accommodate B737/A320-types.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 3:32 PM

Looks like Westjet isn’t doing direct Kelowna flights from either Regina or Saskatoon this summer. Damn I think I’m going to move from Saskatchewan..

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 4:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
Looks like Westjet isn’t doing direct Kelowna flights from either Regina or Saskatoon this summer. Damn I think I’m going to move from Saskatchewan..
That escalated quickly.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:44 PM

Endured the Rouge 319 Service from YYZ to YQR yesterday. Oh boy.

Does anyone know how long this is scheduled for? The sooner we can get E190 or even CR9 on the route the better. Those Rouge seats really suck and the space is minimal. At least with CR9's they have IFE and screens. I really didn't jive with the whole experience....

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:48 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post

Does anyone know how long this is scheduled for? The sooner we can get E190 or even CR9 on the route the better. Those Rouge seats really suck and the space is minimal. At least with CR9's they have IFE and screens. I really didn't jive with the whole experience....
Probably as long as the 737 MAX is sitting grounded, at minimum.

I hope your flight was cheap, if nothing else. Rouge is definitely a discount airline.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:21 PM

Quote:

Avoid the Rouge planes at all costs.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46 View Post
Probably as long as the 737 MAX is sitting grounded, at minimum.

I hope your flight was cheap, if nothing else. Rouge is definitely a discount airline.
Not even cheap.... oh well, I spent a few minutes googling it yesterday and playing with the AC website. Looks like next week is the last week of the Rouge 319 service. The week of July 1st it goes back to 3 times daily with 319 / 320 service.

Also.... does anyone know where I can find data on Pax stats for YQR on a monthly and yearly basis? I'm trying to make a case to get some more direct flights from YQR, particularly DEN or MSP and YUL in the east.... these facts would really help. Thanks in advance.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Also.... does anyone know where I can find data on Pax stats for YQR on a monthly and yearly basis? I'm trying to make a case to get some more direct flights from YQR, particularly DEN or MSP and YUL in the east.... these facts would really help. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure about monthly, but the annual statistics are published in the airport's annual report. This report is posted on the website each year.

I passed through Amarillo, Texas about a month ago (population 300,000) and was interested to learn that our airport has about double the traffic its airport has.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 11:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Not even cheap.... oh well, I spent a few minutes googling it yesterday and playing with the AC website. Looks like next week is the last week of the Rouge 319 service. The week of July 1st it goes back to 3 times daily with 319 / 320 service.

How are you going to "make a case"? Whom will you be "making a case" to? Are you in the high ranks with the airport or airlines that you would have any influence in convincing airlines to add routes to the city?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
How are you going to "make a case"? Whom will you be "making a case" to? Are you in the high ranks with the airport or airlines that you would have any influence in convincing airlines to add routes to the city?
That would be telling....

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:

Rouge might be the worst non-discount airline in North America. I mean, I get with Ryanair, it's cheap and you get what you pay for. But Rouge is no cheaper than Westjet yet it's service is abysmal.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
Rouge might be the worst non-discount airline in North America. I mean, I get with Ryanair, it's cheap and you get what you pay for. But Rouge is no cheaper than Westjet yet it's service is abysmal.
Its so true. The big excuse right now is that the 737 MAX-8 has put them in a really tough position so flights are so expensive. I call BS on that. They are charging crazy prices right now for terrible quality of travel. I look back to flying E190's all the time YQR-YYZ and it was unrivaled luxury compared.

Everything is relative....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan