HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan1023 View Post
"Portman Holdings will preserve the exterior of the more than 90-year-old funeral home and its gardens, which received landmark designation in 2018. Over the next year, it will create a master plan for the remainder of the property, one of the most prized in the city for its high point overlooking Midtown and Technology Square. Early concepts include a 600,000-square-foot office tower, a 300-unit residential building and a hotel."
There really needs to be some incorporation in the funeral home design into these other buildings hopefully.

Be interesting to see what the funeral home will be, presume it'll change.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
There really needs to be some incorporation in the funeral home design into these other buildings hopefully.

Be interesting to see what the funeral home will be, presume it'll change.
I agree - in those preliminary concept renderings, the towers overwhelm the poor old building. they need to use nice materials that relate well. that's a once in a lifetime building, grounds, and development opportunity.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2019, 6:57 PM

Do they plan on burying the power lines along The Mark? Wasn’t legislation passed requiring all developers to start doing this or was I just dreaming?

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
LD filed for the student tower on Luckie. 130 LUCKIE ST NW, ATLANTA GA 30303

Not sure we've seen a rendering?

LD: THE METROPOLITAN AT ATLANTA
LD: THE METROPOLITAN AT ATLANTA - SITE DEVELOPMENT PLANS IN SUPPORT OF RESIDENTIAL HIGH RISE. SCOPE INCLUDES TREE REPLACEMENT, GRADING, STORM WATER MANAGEMENT, RIGHT-OF-WAY IMPROVEMENTS, WATER SERVICES, GREASE TRAPS, AND SANITARY SEWER CONNECTIONS. NO CHANGE TO STREETLIGHTS

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...tched-for.html
I have been after this rendering for a while now, but it has been kept under wraps with extreme prejudice. I think after this board simmered down after the drama we lost some of the folks with the inside scoop willing to post this stuff.

I swear I recall Tim Keane speaking of this proposal and saying it was one of the best designed buildings he has seen proposed in Atlanta, but after much googling I cannot find the quote, so maybe I imagined it. I also recall the building reaching 30 floors. Is any of this accurate? This building will go up 3 short blocks from my condo and definitely be prominent in the view from my window, so I am hoping it is as I remember it being described, and not another JimmyBuffetVille tower.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Land Development filed for 1018 West Peachtree Street lot on 12/18.
This is great news. These and the other Toll Brothers towers on 14th St will be fantastic additions to the skyline. This city is absolutely on fire.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNTWN View Post
I have been after this rendering for a while now, but it has been kept under wraps with extreme prejudice. I think after this board simmered down after the drama we lost some of the folks with the inside scoop willing to post this stuff.

I swear I recall Tim Keane speaking of this proposal and saying it was one of the best designed buildings he has seen proposed in Atlanta, but after much googling I cannot find the quote, so maybe I imagined it. I also recall the building reaching 30 floors. Is any of this accurate? This building will go up 3 short blocks from my condo and definitely be prominent in the view from my window, so I am hoping it is as I remember it being described, and not another JimmyBuffetVille tower.

It has been speculated that this will be 30 stories for a couple of reasons. One, it is 650 beds just like The Mix, which is 26 stories on slightly larger a lot. And secondly is because of the quote from Tim Keane.

Quote:
. I met with a developer yesterday who’s doing a really nice job on a 30-story building downtown. And we’re not going to get involved in that or stand in his way; we don’t need to spend our time on that. 
Here's the article.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...g-construction

Old Posted Dec 28, 2019, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
It has been speculated that this will be 30 stories for a couple of reasons. One, it is 650 beds just like The Mix, which is 26 stories on slightly larger a lot. And secondly is because of the quote from Tim Keane.

Here's the article.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...g-construction
THANK YOU!

Any idea why there has been no rendering released? I have tried the usual architect and builder sites searches, but to no avail.

I think the MIX turned out nice, and the Ascent Downtown Greystar project should look even nicer. If Greystar gets anywhere near asking rents on this project I think it could signal an apartment boom downtown.

Does anyone have any information on how well POST Centennial Park has been leasing? I know the apartment block at the corner of CP is almost finished, and Ascent is on the rise. Between those three projects there are over 1,000 new units coming downtown, aside from student housing. The Southern RailRoad building will add another few hundred, and they have filed for land disturbance to build a new structure behind those buildings which will add more apartments.

I think 2020 will be a big year for downtown Atlanta.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 6:03 AM

Centennial Lofts rendering from Apartments.com
255 Units / 12 stories.

This is an underwhelming replacement for the elderly tower that used to sit in it's place, considering the crane is 400ft in the air.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post

Centennial Lofts rendering from Apartments.com
255 Units / 12 stories.

This is an underwhelming replacement for the elderly tower that used to sit in it's place, considering the crane is 400ft in the air.
Actually its a very nice scale for this area-- Not everything needs to be super tall--

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Actually its a very nice scale for this area-- Not everything needs to be super tall--
Also from the site plan, it won't be going on the corner of North Ave and Centennial, but on the lot south of that. The façade in that rendering should be the northern façade, along a new street inside the site. Actually only a small bit fronts Centennial, the rest is tucked behind the Alumni Association. That should keep the corner lot free for something with hopefully a bit more street presence.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
Also from the site plan, it won't be going on the corner of North Ave and Centennial, but on the lot south of that. The façade in that rendering should be the northern façade, along a new street inside the site. Actually only a small bit fronts Centennial, the rest is tucked behind the Alumni Association. That should keep the corner lot free for something with hopefully a bit more street presence.
Can you post the site plan again? I seem to be struggling to find it in an old thread.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
For those not familiar, the 17 story 170 unit Roosevelt House was built in 1973, owned by the Atlanta Housing Authority, and housed seniors and disabled. Was a housing project. Integral Properties was one of the leading groups that was a proponent of demolition, reportedly due to the quality of the infrastructure.

There’s videos online of its demolition in 2011.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 4:45 PM

Walked by Emory Midtown this morning. The trees are being cut down, construction fence up and parking lot lighting poles are coming down. On the backside of the lot the ole parking deck is half down. Anyone know what the plan for the old Doctors building that the garage is attached to is? Historic and saved?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFTGATL View Post
Walked by Emory Midtown this morning. The trees are being cut down, construction fence up and parking lot lighting poles are coming down. On the backside of the lot the ole parking deck is half down. Anyone know what the plan for the old Doctors building that the garage is attached to is? Historic and saved?
If you are referring to the Medical Arts Building (other side of the connector from Emory), plans were announced earlier this year for that building to b renovated into a hotel. It is not Landmarked but does have a facade easement to Easements Atlanta, which means they can't tear the building down.

If you are talking about the WW Orr building, that building is currently used as doctors offices and is in fact Landmarked by the city.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 10:46 PM

He's talking about the building at 565 W. Peachtree. I don't think Emory has decided anything. Apparently there are plenty of air rights associated with it.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2020, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
It has been speculated that this will be 30 stories for a couple of reasons. One, it is 650 beds just like The Mix, which is 26 stories on slightly larger a lot.
I'm looking at the plans. It's 352 ft 8 inches tall. I don't have time to count the number of stories.

The base is very traditional, in keeping with Fairlie-Poplar. Scale and materials are similar to 123 Luckie. Above that, the design shifts to a more contemporary glass and wall panel system.

The building is super dense, probably the densest thing built in Atlanta in decades. It covers almost the entire lot for the full 350 feet. I'd image the FAR is close to 30.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jan 3, 2020, 9:54 PM

Modera Reynoldstown is topped out. Photo from the new condos along Memorial:

Old Posted Jan 3, 2020, 9:59 PM

Damn, I really hate those power lines..

Old Posted Jan 3, 2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
I'm looking at the plans. It's 352 ft 8 inches tall. I don't have time to count the number of stories.

The base is very traditional, in keeping with Fairlie-Poplar. Scale and materials are similar to 123 Luckie. Above that, the design shifts to a more contemporary glass and wall panel system.

The building is super dense, probably the densest thing built in Atlanta in decades. It covers almost the entire lot for the full 350 feet. I'd image the FAR is close to 30.
For my money this is the most anticipated proposed building in the city.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2020, 10:18 PM

Bezoria closed on 31 Dec, signaling 903 Peachtree moving forward.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations