HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadieman View Post
I've went to pizza hut (dine in) like 2 weeks ago and you had to order yourself and take a seat (no waitress) , floor was disgusting and the place was really run down. but the food was good. so if they don't want to lose their brand image i'd go with an express pick up aswell.
I've tried on 4 separate occasions since Christmas to order online from the Mtn Rd location for pickup and when placing the order every time I get "this location is experiencing technical issues. Order could not be processed at this time." Every time I've ended up ordering from somewhere else. I wonder how many others are doing the same.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 4:58 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

If this is truly going to be a Pizza Hut Express, then this certainly calls into question the future of the Pizza Hut restaurant just a little bit further down Mountain Road. The full restaurant is in a bad state of disrepair. Does this mean Pizza Hut plans to abandon the old restaurant???
Pizza Hut seems to be transitioning away from sit-down restaurants and towards counter pick-up and take-out locations only.

They closed down a traditional style sit-down restaurant near my place last year, and recently opened a take out and delivery only location about 200 m away on the same road.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 5:04 PM

The dining room of the one sit-down Pizza Hut in Fredericton has been closed since the start of COVID.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 11:42 AM

I know I am going to miss sitting down with a table of about 10 people with 4 pizzas and 3 pictures of Pepsi being passed around. That was a pretty iconic experience growing up 90's.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 4:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

LL Bean official announcement has been made.

According to the press release, there will be five new stores opened this year including Moncton, Edmonton, Niagara Falls, Kitchener and Kingston.

Moncton will be the first of these to open, and this is expected to occur in August.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 8:18 PM

Superstore had their grand opening last week. I haven’t been in the store yet but I’m sure it looks fantastic.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 3:11 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

News regarding Torrid at CF Champlain.

Apparently they are planning an August opening, at just about the same time as LL Bean will be opening.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 11:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Solid sleuthing on another site suggests Torrid will be moving into the current Pseudio location at CF Champlain.

If so, I wonder if this means that Pseudio will relocate to the former Jump+ location, just a little bit further down that same corridor. If you go to the corporate leasing plan on the CF site, the old Jump+ is now listed as being "leased."

This would be a smaller location than Pseudio's current store, but if they were considering downsizing, this could work..........

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 11:52 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage is up for the Urban Salon & Spa in CF Champlain. Opening is apparently later this month.

T&T photo

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Signage is up for the Urban Salon & Spa in CF Champlain. Opening is apparently later this month.

T&T photo
It's now open as of today: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00698345927689

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 10:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

Solid sleuthing on another site suggests Torrid will be moving into the current Pseudio location at CF Champlain.

If so, I wonder if this means that Pseudio will relocate to the former Jump+ location, just a little bit further down that same corridor. If you go to the corporate leasing plan on the CF site, the old Jump+ is now listed as being "leased."

This would be a smaller location than Pseudio's current store, but if they were considering downsizing, this could work..........
Update:

It appears that the new home for Pseudio will be where Samuel & Co is currently located (right next to where the new LL Bean is going).

It appears that Samuel & Co is vacating the mall. Samuel & Co and Pseudo are sister stores. This is not the first time that Samuel & Co has decamped the mall.

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Update:

It appears that the new home for Pseudio will be where Samuel & Co is currently located (right next to where the new LL Bean is going).

It appears that Samuel & Co is vacating the mall. Samuel & Co and Pseudo are sister stores. This is not the first time that Samuel & Co has decamped the mall.
In Charlottetown they used to have both stores under the retail unit. They were kinda divided up the middle but connected similar to Pink & VS used to be. Perhaps they could do the same thing here. I’m only thinking this because the Samuel & Co store has not been back in the mall that long.

Old Posted May 5, 2022, 11:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

La Maison Simons has just announced they have secured a space in Halifax for future expansion:

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...erview-photos/

This will almost certainly be located in the former Eaton's at Halifax Shopping Centre. The president of Simons was quoted as saying "he will be able to discuss the company’s Atlantic Canada presence more in a few months from now."

He made his comments at the opening of Simons latest store at CF Fairview Pointe Claire in Montreal.

Does a Halifax store preclude the opening of a store in greater Moncton, or does this actually reinforce the probability of future expansion to our city?

Supply chain economics after all does mean that the per store cost of servicing two stores is less than it would be for a single store. In other words, if they have to send a truck east twice a week to service the store in Halifax, then why not kill two birds with one stone by stopping off in Moncton along the way?

LL Bean opened a store in Dartmouth a couple of years ago, but this didn't prevent the company from choosing a second Maritime location in Dieppe at CF Champlain.

Simons is a Quebec based company, and therefore would have some linguistic and cultural solidarity to the Acadian population in NB. Also, like LL Bean, Simons has a tradition of locating in CF properties. Would they consider CF Champlain? Has CF already been in discussion with Simons???

If Simons came to CF Champlain, then where would they go? Simons is a fashion department store, and their new location in CF Fairview Pointe Claire is 91,000 sq ft. I've pointed out before the incongruity of Sobeys having two store within spitting distance of one another (Champlain Place and Regis Street). The Regis Street location is sufficient to be a neighbourhood store. Could the Sobeys at Champlain Place be convinced to decamp to allow for room for Simons???

Well, there are plans for a new Sobeys on Dieppe Blvd at some point........

Hmmmmm..........

Old Posted May 6, 2022, 2:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Huddle article confirming two new Pet Valu stores opening in Riverview and Shediac this year:

https://huddle.today/2022/05/06/pet-...hediac-stores/

Old Posted May 6, 2022, 2:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's a job advert on Indeed for a new "modern day Italian soul food restaurant" opening soon in Moncton called Sophia & Spritz.

Sounds interesting. I have no idea where they will be located, or if this is an entirely new restaurant, or a rebranding of an existing restaurant. They have a placeholder page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/SophiaandSpritz

Here is the Indeed listing:

https://ca.indeed.com/pagead/clk?mo=...l=1&oc=1&sal=1

This place sounds intriguing. Does anyone else know anything???

I wonder if this could be the replacement for Mavericks in the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel.

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 17, 2022 at 8:10 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2022, 6:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The current rumour is that the new tenant for the old Jump+ location in CF Champlain will be Charmed Aroma.

https://ca.charmedaroma.com

Old Posted May 6, 2022, 7:04 PM

Quote:
The current rumour is that the new tenant for the old Jump+ location in CF Champlain will be Charmed Aroma.

https://ca.charmedaroma.com
Aw man. I was excited. I thought someone was finally opening up a proper parfumerie in the Maritimes.

Old Posted May 6, 2022, 10:18 PM

Comic Hunter has announced they are moving this fall

Quote:
Big News! We're moving! Fall 2022

I know everyone is excited about Free Comic Book Day this weekend, but I wanted to take a second to reveal what has apparently been the worst kept secret in town, but it's official now! We're moving this fall!

We are now the owners of the former "Staples Pharmacy" building at 319 St George. It needs some work, but it's ours! We'll be working all summer long to transform the former pharmacy and office space on the second floor: the first floor our comics/graphic novels/toys, and the second, all the gaming! Board games, card games, warhammer, model kits, etc, with a large game room to resume hosting nightly events!

We're super excited about the possibilities that this will offer us! We're investing in ourselves and the downtown, bringing another awesome (toot toot own our horn) shop into the best stretch of St George Street!

More details to come, and pictures of the renos when we remember to take some!
It's far from their current place just off Main, but looks like a good location for them, with lots of visibility and parking. The only problem I can see is the lack of restaurants around them; but it's not a big deal. (Not that I play there anyways since I am up here in Freddy; I'm spoiled by Freddy where both Comic Hunter and Gamezilla have a Tim's next door and lots of other food choices around )

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 12:07 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sophia & Spritz is apparently the replacement restaurant for Mavericks in the Four Points Hotel.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 1:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

From the Halifax subforum:

Quote:
Simons Announces 17th Location in Halifax

NEWS PROVIDED BY

La Maison Simons
May 17, 2022, 07:00 ET

New store in the Halifax Shopping Centre (CNW Group/La Maison Simons)

A true Canadian retail milestone, with stores from coast to coast

HALIFAX, NS, May 17, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ - Simons confirmed today that it will open a new location in Nova Scotia's capital city. Located in the Halifax Shopping Centre, the largest shopping centre in the Maritimes, the 17th Simons store will open in the spring of 2024.

The Halifax location will join ten stores in Quebec, three in Alberta, two in Ontario, and one in British Columbia, giving the company brand presence in all major markets in Canada from East to West.

Simons has chosen to expand to Halifax in a location that is close to the downtown core and easily accessible by public transit.

"We have been interested in the Maritimes for some time, and we've selected Halifax, a city that is experiencing a real renaissance along with a significant migration of Canadians and newcomers who want to live in a dynamic city while enjoying the benefits of living near the ocean," said Bernard Leblanc, president and CEO of Simons. "As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, Halifax is a vibrant place with a customer who is interested in travel, style, and a healthy lifestyle. We are excited to be entering the market and confident that our store will attract customers from throughout the Maritimes and beyond," he continued.

The return of consumers to stores
The announcement of the new Halifax store comes just weeks after the opening of a 5th Simons store in the Greater Montreal area. "We see evidence of the physical stores' recovery every day. Our in-store sales represent two-thirds of purchases, proving that customers are back and appreciate our brick-and-mortar shopping experience now more than ever," added Mr. Leblanc.

Mr. Leblanc will look forward to meeting the media and community partners at an event in Halifax on June 16 during which he will unveil more details about plans for the new location.

About Simons
Simons was founded in 1840 by John Simons in Quebec City. Originally a dry goods store, the family company is known today for accessible and inspired fashion. It is committed to cultivating creativity and building meaningful relationships with its staff, partners, and clientele. The company cares about the environment and about the communities in which it does business.

Simons is recognized as a fashion authority with an original shopping concept. The company offers an extensive array of avant-garde fashions and exclusive private collections for men and women, complemented by a selection of nationally recognized brands and top designer names. Simons also carries home fashions for the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen.

Simons' 16 stores are compelling, original environments that inspire customers with their fashion as well as their art and architecture. Locations: ten in Quebec, including the company's head office in Quebec City; three in Alberta; one in British Columbia; and two in Ontario.

SOURCE La Maison Simons
So, the store at HSC won't be open for two years. If Simons had any interest in Moncton, it would take considerably longer than that for anything to happen here. Simons is cautious in their expansion plans (and rightfully so). They will wait for the Halifax store to open, and then do demographic analysis to see how many Monctonians are going down there to shop, before making any decisions about expanding here. That would take another few years, and then lease negotiations, planning and construction would have to happen.

A Simons in Moncton is a long shot, but even if it were ever going to occur, it would probably take a decade to happen.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces