HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 8:17 PM

New store open today in the Southland.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustACitizen View Post
Any idea what is being built in the Canadian Tire east parking lot? Is that a Paderno or a gas bar going in?
Are you referring to the Tesla Supercharger?

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/tesla/...-construction/

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 10:28 PM

Acre 21

Oxygen Yoga and Fitness officially coming to Acre 21 in the Greens.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty c View Post
SLGA distributes to the liquor stores. Liquor stores sell to bars and restaurants. When it was all SLGA they had no options, now I’d guess they do.
...from what I've heard - at least in urban areas - the service is much better from the private stores, and if a restaurant/pub doesn't like the service they're getting, they can take their business elsewhere. My impression is that distribution is huge & very competitive for the private stores.

(private stores basically shoulder the task of dealing with the SLGA, rather than individual restaurants & pubs... can use their size & purchasing power to get SLGA's attention, in a way that a small mom & pop restaurant couldn't)

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 11:00 PM

Anyone know where LUSH will be located in the Cornwall Centre?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Anyone know where LUSH will be located in the Cornwall Centre?
With Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop in Cornwall already, did we really need yet another soap and lotion store?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
With Bath & Body Works and The Body Shop in Cornwall already, did we really need yet another soap and lotion store?
To be honest, it’s not the same as the others and the quality is higher. So yeah!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 2:44 PM

I know my wife will be happy about LUSH. She used to have me buy her stuff at the LUSH store at Pearson International Airport in Toronto when I was flying into/out of Toronto or making a connection there (or would do it herself if she was with me), but that store closed a few years ago and our travels haven't taken us close to a LUSH store since.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 3:28 PM

My guess is it will be located in the old Aldo location given the size most LUSH stores are.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
My guess is it will be located in the old Aldo location given the size most LUSH stores are.
That’s the location yes

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
That’s the location yes
That would make it somewhat smaller than Saskatoon's store I think, wouldn't it?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
That would make it somewhat smaller than Saskatoon's store I think, wouldn't it?
If they end up staying (which I am sure they will) they would have to renovate anyways, so maybe another location in the mall that is bigger hopefully come that time.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 8:31 PM

I understand the work in the former Sears in Cornwall is just to accommodate temporary swing space for Crown Corps while they renovate offices.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I understand the work in the former Sears in Cornwall is just to accommodate temporary swing space for Crown Corps while they renovate offices.
There seems to be a few rumours going around. I have heard a couple of things, one of which may be for the above mentioned swing space.

1) PCL is working for the mall owner(s) putting in new mechanical/electrical/HVAC, and then the tenant will look after the tenant improvements (ie: interiori).

2) A 'high end store' is locating there. Who could that be? Simons? It seems more retailers are closing stores that opening new ones.

There was also a previous rumour/suggestion that it would be a Marshalls/Winners/Homesense.

If indeed there is going to be swing space I would guess it would on the second level, and the retail would be on the main, or perhaps both if the swing space only requires a part of the floor plate.

Whatever it is, I hope it is good for the mall, the streetscape, and the city.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
There seems to be a few rumours going around. I have heard a couple of things, one of which may be for the above mentioned swing space.

1) PCL is working for the mall owner(s) putting in new mechanical/electrical/HVAC, and then the tenant will look after the tenant improvements (ie: interiori).

2) A 'high end store' is locating there. Who could that be? Simons? It seems more retailers are closing stores that opening new ones.

There was also a previous rumour/suggestion that it would be a Marshalls/Winners/Homesense.

If indeed there is going to be swing space I would guess it would on the second level, and the retail would be on the main, or perhaps both if the swing space only requires a part of the floor plate.

Whatever it is, I hope it is good for the mall, the streetscape, and the city.
Yes there is room for more than one use, especially if you include the basement. I did hear Simon's was kicking the tires in both Regina and Saskatoon.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
SaskTel.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Yes there is room for more than one use, especially if you include the basement. I did hear Simon's was kicking the tires in both Regina and Saskatoon.
Simons would be a 2 floor space.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I could see Saskatoon before Regina, but who knows maybe both? I drove by the Midtown Center on the weekend and see they have the whole back end facing Idylwyld pulled apart. Is that just for MEC or is there other things going in there?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 8:00 PM

The food court was relocated from the back side near Idylwyld to the 2nd floor of the former Sears. MEC is being built where the old food court was, and the remainder of the old Sears is being divided up. Other than a new home for the existing Shoppers Drug Mart, no tenants have been announced for the new spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
I could see Saskatoon before Regina, but who knows maybe both? I drove by the Midtown Center on the weekend and see they have the whole back end facing Idylwyld pulled apart. Is that just for MEC or is there other things going in there?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm310 View Post
The food court was relocated from the back side near Idylwyld to the 2nd floor of the former Sears. MEC is being built where the old food court was, and the remainder of the old Sears is being divided up. Other than a new home for the existing Shoppers Drug Mart, no tenants have been announced for the new spaces.
Thanks! I didn't realize they were moving the whole food court. I'll have to check it out when I am there next.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan