HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badthingshappen View Post
Like half of it got taken down for the stuff they're building between 6th and 7th, I wouldn't be surprised if there are plans for the rest of it.
Nothing good comes from the Richard Allen and Edgar Allen Poe projects. Tear them down and disperse public housing spread out in the rest of the city. Concentrated poverty consistently leads to terrible outcomes, and if those projects have shown us anything its that they'll keep murdering each other back and forth until we change something.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badthingshappen View Post
Like half of it got taken down for the stuff they're building between 6th and 7th, I wouldn't be surprised if there are plans for the rest of it.
Technically that block wasn't part of the projects. It was similar to the UC Townhomes where it was subsidized private development whose contract ran out. The rest of them are PHA owned though

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:37 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Technically that block wasn't part of the projects. It was similar to the UC Townhomes where it was subsidized private development whose contract ran out. The rest of them are PHA owned though
Interesting that Fairmount Manor quietly bit the dust with no outrage, I guess because it wasn't located on Penns campus. Is the adjacent complex PHA owned or is Wallace Street the N/S divider between subsidized and PHA?

But if PHA becomes short on cash (a common occurrence), it might be wise to sell that plot to raise funds for larger better planned project in the future.
OT, I also wish PHA would unload or finally do something with the building/lot on the 2100 block of Chestnut Street, that is the last ramshackle part of Western Chestnut Street.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Interesting that Fairmount Manor quietly bit the dust with no outrage, I guess because it wasn't located on Penns campus. Is the adjacent complex PHA owned or is Wallace Street the N/S divider between subsidized and PHA?

But if PHA becomes short on cash (a common occurrence), it might be wise to sell that plot to raise funds for larger better planned project in the future.
OT, I also wish PHA would unload or finally do something with the building/lot on the 2100 block of Chestnut Street, that is the last ramshackle part of Western Chestnut Street.
As far as I remember, it's the only one that wasn't PHA. And if you mean the old PHA headquarters, there is, but it seems stalled like seemingly every city RFP winner

Old Posted Jun 14, 2023, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
Ah ok, I knew they weren't all part of the same development specifically but figured they were set up the same. I used to live in the weird little neighborhood sandwiched between them, Liberties West I think it is/was called. Looking at geohistory that was actually housing projects before the Franklin/Marshall projects were, but at some point got developed back into private residential. The complex was a mixture of property managed and privately owned apartments and had like its own courtyards and off street parking, it was a weird little block.

My apartment there butted right up against Wallace St and I heard a few shootings in 2.5ish years, but a lot of the issues seemed mostly contained within the housing projects themselves.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2023, 8:19 PM

Old Posted Sep 12, 2023, 3:56 PM

This one is COMPLETE

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive