HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
It can be done from the Buckwold Bridge walkway I'm sure. Probably not with my iPhone though
I took a peak using Streetview and it looks like you can get at least a partial glimpse of the Bess between the Delta and the Renaissance Condos. Hopefully there will be an new iconic photo from there.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2019, 2:59 PM

Went to the open house on the weekend to NO1 Riverlanding. It was very busy with people like me, just curious to see. A few seemed like they had serious intents of looking to buy, but I think most were just getting a look.

In their re-launch of unsold units (about 10) a few weeks ago, I believe the agent said 4 had now been sold. There were 7 units we could look through (3 staged by designers). There were 7 to see as one of them was "getting an offer imminently" but still available to see.

They were actually pretty nice....of course, very industrial, but a couple that were left had pretty stunning views! I never thought I could downsize to something less then 1,000sq ft (please, no lecturing me....) but these layouts made me reconsider.

I think I would still prefer the Highpoint location, so excited to see what the floor plans and pricing will be on that one!

Last edited by prairieguy; Jul 17, 2019 at 3:19 PM.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 2:16 PM

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
Beautiful.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 12:56 AM

No. 1 River landing opens new chapter in downtown living

JENNIFER JACOBY-SMITH Updated: July 13, 2019
The Saskatoon StarPhoenix

Few addresses have created more buzz than No. 1 River Landing in Saskatoon.

The joint venture project by Victory Majors Investment Corporation and Toronto’s Urban Capital sold out just days after hitting the market in November 2016. Due to the high interest, developers added another four floors to the original plan, creating a 20-storey glass and concrete tower that will forever transform the downtown skyline.

[........]

Read more:
https://thestarphoenix.com/life/home...owntown-living

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 11:06 PM

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 3:15 PM

July 26 Pictures:

^^^ Forming for a ramp into the parkade from 19th St. can be seen. They are chiseling out a channel on the wall for the ramp slab to fit into. Although this parkade does connect to the 4th level of the east parkade, it looks to me like there are indeed only three levels of parking, as was stated previously in this thread.

Rebar starting to poke above grade.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 6:07 PM

I know this is unrelated to this development, but would Triovest ever consider building residential/mixed-use on their gravel lot next to the theatre? It seems as though with this plus River Quarry that there won't be much more demand for new office space. I just desperately want to see something done on that lot!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 1:21 AM

Depends on who you ask. Everyone here hysterically thinks there's an endless need for office space downtown. Every parking would have a 50 story building full of class a office space built on it if they had their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
I know this is unrelated to this development, but would Triovest ever consider building residential/mixed-use on their gravel lot next to the theatre? It seems as though with this plus River Quarry that there won't be much more demand for new office space. I just desperately want to see something done on that lot!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ralph View Post
Depends on who you ask. Everyone here hysterically thinks there's an endless need for office space downtown. Every parking would have a 50 story building full of class a office space built on it if they had their way.
Umm, no.

Show me one example of anyone in this thread advocating for a 50 storey office tower in downtown Saskatoon.

There is a need for office space downtown. Along with residential need, commercial need, institutional need, etc.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 5:53 AM

Actually, it is a bit more complicated than that. On a square foot basis, there is and was (prior to River Landing) no need for additional office space in downtown Saskatoon.

But what small minded people failed to recognize when only looking at total vacancy rate based on square footage was that there was a great demand for new Class AAA office space, of which there was practically none in downtown Saskatoon.

The lesson of River Landing is that you need to know your business well, well enough to understand its intricacies. Smart, experienced people with vision were able to recognize that there was demand for a particular type of office space in downtown Saskatoon, despite a high overall vacancy rate.

They’re building it and people are coming, and more will. Meanwhile, other more junior companies will fill up the vacancies created by the cream of the crop moving into the space they have been longing for.

No one on this thread has been blindly hoping or expecting that a ton of new AAA space is suddenly going to get built, but it was the crappy attitude of people like King Ralph that blinded almost everyone to the opportunity that existed in Saskatoon.

Without a bit of optimism nothing would ever get done or move ahead.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTownRob View Post
Actually, it is a bit more complicated than that. On a square foot basis, there is and was (prior to River Landing) no need for additional office space in downtown Saskatoon.

But what small minded people failed to recognize when only looking at total vacancy rate based on square footage was that there was a great demand for new Class AAA office space, of which there was practically none in downtown Saskatoon.

The lesson of River Landing is that you need to know your business well, well enough to understand its intricacies. Smart, experienced people with vision were able to recognize that there was demand for a particular type of office space in downtown Saskatoon, despite a high overall vacancy rate.

They’re building it and people are coming, and more will. Meanwhile, other more junior companies will fill up the vacancies created by the cream of the crop moving into the space they have been longing for.

No one on this thread has been blindly hoping or expecting that a ton of new AAA space is suddenly going to get built, but it was the crappy attitude of people like King Ralph that blinded almost everyone to the opportunity that existed in Saskatoon.

Without a bit of optimism nothing would ever get done or move ahead.
I completely agree with you. I am also willing to bet that if a 35 story condo is built downtown by Urban Capital, it would do very well.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 3:33 PM

I'm disappointed they (Urban Capital) are waiting until the fall to start pre-sales for Highpoint. However, it is better to wait a couple extra months and to get it right than to rush it. The fact is, this market is not Toronto where every new build is race to the finish. Let's hope pre-sales are strong with the younger crowd as they're hoping for, and then **maybe** they'd at the very least consider another project in the DT core... but I still can't see it being 35 stories. We'd need to see a huge uptick in the economy to see that happen and I don't think that's on the horizon.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
I'm disappointed they (Urban Capital) are waiting until the fall to start pre-sales for Highpoint. However, it is better to wait a couple extra months and to get it right than to rush it. The fact is, this market is not Toronto where every new build is race to the finish. Let's hope pre-sales are strong with the younger crowd as they're hoping for, and then **maybe** they'd at the very least consider another project in the DT core... but I still can't see it being 35 stories. We'd need to see a huge uptick in the economy to see that happen and I don't think that's on the horizon.
I have noticed a bit of activity at the Highpoint site in the last few days. It looks like they are getting ready to build stairs up to the entrance of the sales center. I don't know why the delay, but I do think that since they missed the April/May time frame it makes sense to wait until the fall. It seems to me they have a lot on the go and they are not a big company, Lets hope they don't get overwhelmed.

If Highpoint sells well, and I believe that it will, then I have no doubt they will eventually do another one here. We are blessed with that beautiful river valley and there are several prime sites available. Maybe not 35 floors but with Nutrien Tower going up I don't think a 30 floor condo at the farmers market site would stick out like a sore thumb (it might have in the past).

BTW I see on the webcam the red crane is coming down.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
I have noticed a bit of activity at the Highpoint site in the last few days. It looks like they are getting ready to build stairs up to the entrance of the sales center. I don't know why the delay, but I do think that since they missed the April/May time frame it makes sense to wait until the fall. It seems to me they have a lot on the go and they are not a big company, Lets hope they don't get overwhelmed.

If Highpoint sells well, and I believe that it will, then I have no doubt they will eventually do another one here. We are blessed with that beautiful river valley and there are several prime sites available. Maybe not 35 floors but with Nutrien Tower going up I don't think a 30 floor condo at the farmers market site would stick out like a sore thumb (it might have in the past).

BTW I see on the webcam the red crane is coming down.
They still have work to do with River Landing and I imagine they decided to allocate all their focus to finishing that project before moving onto Highpoint. Last I heard, they were hoping to officially finish River Landing towards the end of the summer and I imagine they're relatively on track. This would align with their schedule to start pre-selling Highpoint in the fall, as stated on the website.

If Highpoint does well, it would be great to see them immediately try to snatch up the Parcel D/E property by the farmers market. Last we heard the city was hoping to sell those pieces this summer... an update would be lovely.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2019, 5:34 AM

Winnipeg | A Picture Thread - Updated October 2023

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2019, 2:57 PM

^ Nice pic. Will look even better in a couple years with Nutrien Tower commanding the centre of the shot.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2019, 3:17 PM

Now that the top sections of the East Tower with the mechanical penthouses and winter garden area are fully glazed, the offset of the sloped building faces are much more noticeable. I find that quite striking.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2019, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Now that the top sections of the East Tower with the mechanical penthouses and winter garden area are fully glazed, the offset of the sloped building faces are much more noticeable. I find that quite striking.
I agree. Honestly, I have been disappointed by the renders, but the actual building?

Love it! No matter the angle or time of day, I can’t stop myself from looking at it and studying it.

It is far more distinctive than expected. A 93m version will be extremely captivating. These buildings make a statement, and will always be distinctive no matter their height. So pleased!

Old Posted Aug 3, 2019, 2:53 AM

I’m really noticing them from other angles of the city as well (ie from circle drive south bridge) and it is truely making our downtown look like an actual downtown. I had a coworker from Vancouver that was like “why doesn’t saskatoon have tall buildings like Regina” - our skyscrapers are basically the same heights but it really is solely that our downtown’s geography is so low that they don’t stick out like Reginas.
I drove a venture capitalist from the airport to their hotel street a few months ago and they asked me while driving by the houses alongside Idylwyld “why do so many houses on this street have tinfoil on them”, and it really got my thinking about the artificial impression many people have of our city solely based on the aesthetic of streets they drive by - I think we’re a great city with tons of talent and productivity, but these skyscrapers are what seriously attract investment by reducing the shallow stigma of the image of the potential for a very beautiful city that can one day be the size of current day Calgary. That’s why we need these skyscrapers, they seriously do bring in investment by sexifying Saskatoon haha.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan