HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 8:41 PM

Yesterday I noticed that Google maps doesn't show an east-bound (heading north) on-ramp onto Ring Rd (on Albert St. north). You need to take that small road near McDonalds, but it's not on google maps (or at least would not show it yesterday). It tried to direct me down 9th to Winnipeg St to reach the Ring Rd.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Yesterday I noticed that Google maps doesn't show an east-bound (heading north) on-ramp onto Ring Rd (on Albert St. north). You need to take that small road near McDonalds, but it's not on google maps (or at least would not show it yesterday). It tried to direct me down 9th to Winnipeg St to reach the Ring Rd.
It's there and it gives directions to use it to go E on Ring Rd.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 4:28 AM

Bypass user

So, as someone who lives in the west side of Regina, we have become regular users of the new bypass (which is a nice surprise). The time to get to the U of R and even the Costco on the east side is basically the same, even though the distance is much further, due to no stopping and the higher speed. We have been driving it daily since it opened and the traffic continues to increase each week. Its also way shorter driving to Saskatoon vs driving out to Pasqua and heading north.

There are a number of parcels of land for sale along the bypass so maybe as the economy picks up we will start to see some large area medium industrial operations set up.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 4:44 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Next thing we know, first 6 lane freeway in SK!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 10:23 PM

Wasn't there some talk a few years ago about the owners of the Regina Husky House relocating to west of Regina? It would be nice if they did. It cannot be easy for the truckers to get in and out of the current location at busy times on Victoria Avenue east.

Anyone know anything new about this?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 5:44 PM

I have noticed that they are replacing a bunch of the 1 year old street lights east of Regina before the Pilot Butte overpass.

Anyone know whats going on? I'm assuming its a defect with the poles?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenskca View Post
I have noticed that they are replacing a bunch of the 1 year old street lights east of Regina before the Pilot Butte overpass.

Anyone know whats going on? I'm assuming its a defect with the poles?
I believe it is a defect. They've also been welding some with extra bracing. Probably not engineered for the climate or something ridiculous like that.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdave View Post
There are a number of parcels of land for sale along the bypass so maybe as the economy picks up we will start to see some large area medium industrial operations set up.
I doubt it. There aren't much for access points along the bypass by design.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 12:31 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

I assume the bypass is fully complete now ?
How has it been received in Regina ? Is it getting good use ?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 2:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
I assume the bypass is fully complete now ?
How has it been received in Regina ? Is it getting good use ?
Been open a year now. I don’t think it’s used for commuting much. Didn’t make sense for me, at least. A lot of highway traffic uses it though.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Been open a year now. I don’t think it’s used for commuting much. Didn’t make sense for me, at least. A lot of highway traffic uses it though.
Are there any traffic volume numbers available? Plans for upgrades?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 3:17 PM

I saw traffic numbers a few months ago but not since. (I'm on limited bandwidth today, but it should be Googlable.)

I use the highway to commute occasionally, from northwest Regina to south Regina (it's similar in time but longer in distance than my commuting alternatives via Ring Road and Lewvan Drive). Last year it would have rocked with the Lewvan and Ring Road construction going on. This year it's a nice alternative, especially if I have to run any errands north and west of where I live after work.

I took it two days ago to get to highway 1 west to get out here to the Cypress Hills. It's by far the easiest way for us to get to highway 1 now, and it's a pretty good way to get to highway 11 too. (Not sure it's faster, but there's less traffic along 9th Ave N than there is along Pasqua St. N.)

It's not busy exactly but it's gradually getting more traffic over time.

I haven't been on the stretches south of the original highway 1 out to highway 1 east more than three or four times, so I can't comment. I have a US mailbox and was starting to use the bypass to connect to highway 6 south instead of taking Lewvan Drive to Highway 1, or taking the Ring Road around, but I obviously haven't done that since March.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 1:24 PM

I've been using the Bypass (from Arcola to Highway 11) for riding my bike. The paved shoulder is very wide and for the most part the semis have been giving me a wide berth which is much appreciated. But I was out last night on the Highway 11 to Dewdney stretch and it was very busy and I may have to limit my riding to early Sunday mornings.

So yes the bypass is getting used more and more. I don't know if there are any plans for a large truck stop close to the west end interchange but I did notice the other day that the Husky at the east end is not a full of trucks that it normally has been. Has the Balgonie truck stop siphoned the business from Husky.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2024, 10:29 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

I'm kind of sad that it looks like there's no plans to finish the NE portion (Connecting HWY 11 to Vic Ave) anytime soon, as it would make for a perfect ring road.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan