HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 2:28 AM

I'm disappointed with Table 10's new location. I loved going there but I go to the east end almost never (occasionally to visit friends or family, but I do my best to avoid Quance.) I'll probably visit there from time to time and I'm sure they'll do ok in that location, but I'll miss having them in Cathedral. It was such a great fit for that neighbourhood. It's too bad they couldn't find a location there that would work for them.

The Chopped Leaf Facebook page has a few pictures of the interior. Looks pretty good!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 11:04 PM

I see they have done quite a bit of work on that Bar/ lounge/ club on the 2100 hundred Blk. Albert St.( on the east side of the street ). This was announced a few months back, and then we hadn't heard of any updates since. They have put a whole new face on the exterior of the building, don't know about the interior. I think it's doing to look alright!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 1:04 AM

Regina Restaurants

I'm always looking for new places to try. Any interesting suggestions? What are your favourites? Restaurants/coffee shops/lounges...I'm particularly interested in relative unknowns or hole-in-the-wall type places, but I'll try anything. One place I try to go to now and then is Daisy's Pantry on 15th Ave (between Toronto and Montreal.) Everything is homemade down to the noodles in their soup.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:23 PM

One of my favourites is Teppanyaki on Victoria Ave. It's a Japanese steak house where you sit down (on chairs, not floor) and the chef makes everything in front of you on a flat grill. Great atmosphere and fantastic food.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 4:52 PM

Try the Creek Bistro on 13th Ave., small 40 seat Bistro with great food!!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover View Post
Try the Creek Bistro on 13th Ave., small 40 seat Bistro with great food!!
This is my favourite restaurant in Regina.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 8:24 PM

A couple of hole in the walls that get my approval are Sparky's and Orange Izakaya. Sparky's makes a really solid pizza that's almost as good as Houston or Tumblers and costs way less ($20 for an extra large). Orange is a little place next to the 13th Ave Safeway that makes really authentic Japanese dishes in a cool, modern bar atmosphere. They also have a cappuccino machine if you just want to have a mocha latte and sit on their cozy deck.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 10:01 PM

Somebody drove a car into the front of 20Ten today. Apparently lost control backing out of the alley and did a 180. Wow.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 4:36 AM

For the best Indian food in the city, and meets the hole in the wall criteria, try Caraway Grill. Best to make reservations or else you won't get in!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Somebody drove a car into the front of 20Ten today. Apparently lost control backing out of the alley and did a 180. Wow.
It's a fact!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
For the best Indian food in the city, and meets the hole in the wall criteria, try Caraway Grill. Best to make reservations or else you won't get in!
I agree with this. Great food there. It's really small, so you can always do take out as well.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 7:58 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I agree with this. Great food there. It's really small, so you can always do take out as well.
Speaking of other really small places... Siam on Hamilton. Delicious as well. And you can do a take-out buffet at lunch if it's too busy.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 3:05 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Completely agree. I order the lunch special for pick up every now and then. Enough food for two lunches.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
Interesting because I really like Flavours of India on Vic East. I might have to try this Caraway Grill.

Really like Fireside Bistro. Their risotto is outstanding.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 3:14 PM

Malt city wisky &beer opening up in old canada life building on 11avenue and cornwall. They got tge signage up on the windows.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
Malt city wisky &beer opening up in old canada life building on 11avenue and cornwall. They got tge signage up on the windows.
Not much online yet other than this:

Malt City

Malt City is a whisky bar that will be opening soon in a gorgeous heritage building in downtown Regina.

http://www.bravotango.ca/

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 3:36 PM
ARTchitecture

What are some cool pubs/bars you'd suggest I check out while in Regina? Preferably downtown, new or old

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 5:44 PM
arf

Victoria's Tavern is a nice new one. I like it. Food service was slow when I was there though. On the plus side they have chicken and waffles on the menu for lunch.

The other place to go, is Bushwakker's. A Regina institution and a place to have locally brewed beer you won't find in other cities.

I like Beer Brothers too, but it's not like something you can't get in other large cities, although their pulled pork poutine is awesome. If its nice out, get it to go from the take out place as it is much cheaper and you can go eat in the park in the sun.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 8:52 PM

Construction has commenced at the loggies building. Its going to be called the capitol.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 4:55 PM
Regina SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
Construction has commenced at the loggies building. Its going to be called the capitol.
Interesting name. I wonder if they are aware of the recently opened bar of the same name in Saskatoon? I wonder if they chose the name because of the old Capitol Theatre in Regina? Now that would be funny.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan