HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
They are having a "sneak peak" event tonight at their sales centre. It was an rsvp event....no idea how I got on it, but was invited and my wife and I were planning to go. But she is held up with project at work, so not sure we will make it.

I received a reminder email yesterday about it and the reminder was to bring a cheque as units will be up for sale. So this is the same thing that NO1 did with a 'closed sales event for guests' where almost half the units were sold before released for public sale.

I doubt they will hit that mark with this pre-sale, but will be interesting to see the turn out if we make it to it.

Anyone else invited or going tonight??
I didn't go but when I walked past on my way home from work at approx 5:50 there were at least 50 people in line, maybe more (it was hard to see the entire lineup).

Last edited by alt_center; Sep 22, 2019 at 2:57 PM.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 2:42 PM

So my wife and I did manage to make it to the event. It was packed in their sales trailor. Basically the same sales approach as NO1 Riverlanding. When we arrived we were greeted by a rep with folder that included info on the project, floor plans and prices. We then headed to the open bar to grab a cocktail and headed inside.

You were instructed if you were ready to purchase to line up on left side and if you were still looking/considering to move to the right side where there was a model display of project and photos on the wall of various views from different floors of the project. They also had a "mock up" of a 700sq ft unit.

There was quite the buzz there and the left side line up of interested buyers was immediately out the door! Just from conversations overheard, I do think a lot were spec buyers thinking they may make money on re-sale of these units. Also, I heard a number of them indicate they already owned at Riverlanding.

As per norm, after deposit on units there is a 10 day "cooling period" where you have time to think and can get full refund back.

Price ranges...
500sq ft one bedroom $250,000 to $315,000 depending on floor and view
883 sq ft 2 bedroom $539,900 (and goes up $5,000 for every floor you go up)
1052 sq ft 2 bed/den $689,900 (goes up $5,000 for every floor up)
1173 sq ft 3 bed $699,900 ( " " " " " )
PH1 1837 sq ft $1,299,900 ( 3 floors of them)
PH2 2055 sq ft $1,399,900 (3 floors of them)

Estimated possession was given as October 2022

My guess is that maybe 30% would have been sold last night in advance of the Sept 28 and 29 grand opening to public.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 3:30 PM

Winnipeg | A Picture Thread - Updated October 2023

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 12:45 PM

About 20 units were sold in the pre-sale. I’m not sure how that compares to when RL did the same thing. Official launch will be September 28th.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 3:15 PM

I believe RL was about a 40% presale before official launch. Highpoint numbers would only be about 20%

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 3:21 PM

Apparently they were pretty disappointed with sales during that initial evening. I imagine at this point they’ll need a strong showing around the official opening to even commence digging when they wanted to. Otherwise, it’s possible they’ll hold off until they sell more units and who knows how long that could take.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2019, 2:57 PM

I'm a bit surprised... its such a great location!

I heard from another source (i.e., friend of a friend type of thing so completely unreliable) that the penthouses sold. I also assume that the prime river view corner units would also be among the first to sell.

So attempting to put a positive spin on it (assuming all these numbers are somewhat accurate) maybe the percentage of sold units account for a higher percentage of the overall "value" of the units.

I hold out hope that they sell enough next weekend to proceed on schedule. I looked at the Gorsebrook Park site and it's only 70% sold. Presumably it was lower when they decided to proceed.

Still, unless they have a stellar weekend, my hope that they do yet another project at River Landing by the farmers market has been diminished a bit.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2019, 4:31 PM

They need to adjust floor plans to market demand. I was there for initial sales, and as boomer downsizing, I was not alone in my disappointment over the lack of a 2 bedroom 1,100 sq foot unit. They seem to feel that if square footage is over 900, you need to throw in a den with the bedrooms.

For my wife and I, we want that den space to be utilized in our entertaining space. Two bedrooms is sufficient for most boomers. Friends of ours who were also there, did buy a 2 bed/den unit but were already discussing with sales team that they needed to be able to blow out the den wall to create larger living space...if that can't be done, they are pulling out.

We heard this as a common theme that evening. So either the local real estate team is not communicating our market very well, or the developers are sticking to the formula that works in Toronto. Either way, would like to see some adaptation in future developments.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 6:54 PM

Prices are also too high. Developers seem to have forgotten that this is Saskatoon. The location may demand a premium, but not to the extent that it's asking for.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 2:32 PM

Anyone have any update on how the grand opening weekend sales went?

The only thing I've seen online is this reddit thread which suggests all the river facing units sold.
https://www.reddit.com/r/saskatoon/c...t_on_broadway/

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 6:47 PM

Wow, that’s amazing if it’s true. I’ll try checking in with my “source” but if all river facing units did sell then I’m sure they’re thrilled.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 8:19 PM

Thumbs up

We drove by the sales centre around 12:30nn on Sunday and it looked packed inside and a full parking lot, too. If nothing else, there was a lot of tire kickers!

I have to think that they will not hesitate to put shovels in the ground if they achieve 50% in their pre-sales, and from what I saw first hand on the "friends/family" night and driving by on Sunday, I would be very surprised if they have not sold that many.

Also, as has been mentioned on here before....do others think if this project is successful that they will take on the development/land up for grabs at Farmers Market...or will they need a break?? I hope they continue to lead the way in Saskatoon (maybe they should start talking to Library Board and do a combined office tower/civic library!!!)

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 9:45 PM

Would be great if one of you in the city could go to the sales Center to do some snooping

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 6:04 PM

I just checked the website and the floorplans are now public. I think they are all shown, including all the riverview plans. I think on the #1RL website the plans disappeared when they were sold out.

Not sure if this really means anything or not...

I too am anxious to find out how the sales went.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 12:20 AM

Email from the sales team:

Quote:
Highpoint is kicking into gear. After another highly successful launch to registrants last weekend, Highpoint is now opening it’s doors to the general public. If you haven’t done so already, come visit our beautiful sales office and furnished model suite, and learn more about this city-changing development. Don’t delay, as some suites are close to sold out.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 7:51 PM

Would love to know how many units have sold and if it’s enough to move ahead on schedule.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 8:18 PM

I did hear a rumour yesterday that Bockstael Construction, the builder of One River Landing and the Alt Hotel (and very likely the builder for Highpoint) is going to be opening a Saskatoon office. So that would bode well for the project proceeding sooner rather than later.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 9:28 PM

This thread seems to have gone dead... any word on what % of units has sold and whether or not Urban Capital is moving ahead on the original schedule? And if yes, when could we expect them to break ground?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 2:33 PM

Just saw a report on Highpoint from a building leads service. It notes the following:

- Preliminary design is complete
- Marketing underway and pre-sales launched early fall, 2019
- The owner anticipates working drawings will proceed early 2020 based on sales
- Invited sub trade tender and construction timing will be finalized late 2020/early 2021 pending occupancy

This seems to be in alignment with what has happened so far. Looks like the pace of sales will dictate when they pull the trigger on the next step.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 7:28 PM

Nothing really new in this article, but it does state that sales are strong for the project.

https://thestarphoenix.com/life/home...n-for-business

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan