HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Anyone else think Urban Capital is scrambling to try and put together a development package for another condo tower in Saskatoon? They would be crazy not to take advantage of the buzz around their sold out Riverlanding project. Apparently we need outside developers to see the potential of Saskatoon and act on it, as North Ridge just announced today they are delaying their City Centre tower project....sheesh...another brown parking lot in the centre of downtown!

I am curious to hear how many condo's that put down their deposit will back out after the 10 days cooling period... which I believe is around today?? We may never hear that reported, but I guess with their waiting list of 250, they should still be okay with a percentage of "withdrawls" from the initial frantic deposits!

I FB messaged urban capital about a second tower. They replied with they are in works of plans for another one and once plans are concrete they will update the fb page.

So yes... i believe in months to come another announcement will happen

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 1:29 AM
Bla Bla

and you lived here before ?
i know it's good to see riverlanding and riversdale which is my neighbourhood Grow up so fast, looking better every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
The "ghetto part of downtown" in Saskatoon is not bad when you compare it to certain areas of Vancouver or even Victoria. Saskatoon is quite a liveable city.

The river landing river front is fantastic. The landscaping is great, a lot of money has been spent making it a show piece. With the art gallery and other buildings in that area that block is a real show piece. I can see why it went so quickly.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 1:33 AM
Bla Bla

well it suck that you kept defending your own city. While i'm also living here and it's best to admit the worst one first then count the nice one after do you understand old man ? The only part that i love in our city is the river while the downtown really need to transform like for real for for REAl, it's does look sad and depressing when you drive in to it , Nothing is standing out . except for river landing ofcourse "which they recently developed". But yea the rest of the downtown need to really step it up. Look at our Neighbour Regina for christ sake. . They doesn't has any beautiful landscape but their downtown for their size are nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Based on some of KoolKool's previous remarks, I take it that the "ghetto part of downtown" is the Lighthouse and the Lighthouse only. I also gather that his/her metric for the worth of a city is based on the number of tall, sleek towers -- and that's it. Best to ignore.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 4:49 AM

I rest my case.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKool View Post
and you lived here before ?
i know it's good to see riverlanding and riversdale which is my neighbourhood Grow up so fast, looking better every year.
I lived in Saskatoon for 14 years. Part of that time in City Park and part of that time in Willowgrove. I am also back in Saskatoon every few months for a few days.

It is great to see the improvement in riverlanding and riversdale.

As far as the entry into the city. Many people fly into Saskatoon. The Airport Dr. area use to be strips or run-down military row housing. Today it is a series of modern airport hotels (not great architecture but a reasonable expectation at an airport). Major improvement.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 10:03 PM

Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
So is this a major problem in other cities with glass buildings? Or is one old crazylady in Saskatoon who is afraid of change?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 8:33 PM

It's a complete non issue that likely won't go beyond this news piece.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 9:52 PM
the heat goes on

Chicago, San Francisco, Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto have bird striking guidelines to address this "non-issue". Presumably they have a lot of crazy old ladies.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 12:32 AM

Fair enough macca. Admittingly the crazy old lady bit was a bit harsh on my part. I really didnt know about those cities regulations though. Well if those cities have found away around it im sure we can too.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 4:42 PM

I suggest No1 Riverlanding place a peregrine falcon nesting box on the roof of their towers and this will help alleviate bird strikes as the "bird word" will spread quickly to avoid that area!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acbqohle4g

Old Posted Dec 7, 2016, 2:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
Having highrise buildings with mostly glass facade is a first for Saskatoon, I'm sure once these buildings are constructed and the Saskatoon wildlife conservation staff member lose some of her hysteria for these buildings, Saskatoon will then have entered a new age of glass highrise construction, much like Regina did back in the 1980's when they started building glass facade highrises.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 7:13 PM

10/12/2016 Progress Picture:

Looks like there are 50% complete the Solider piles and excavating has started on the eastern side of the site. The piling crews is busy working despite the frigid temperatures.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 11:41 PM

Thanks SaskE30 for the picture looking good should be changed to site prep on heading soon.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2016, 9:39 PM

I heard from a reliable source that the developer is considering adding 4 floors to the condo tower meet demand.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2016, 10:28 PM
the heat goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I heard from a reliable source that the developer is considering adding 4 floors to the condo tower meet demand.
Confirmed. More info soon.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 4:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
Confirmed. More info soon.
Someone with Photoshop skills and some free time should take one of the many renderings of the condo and add four floors to the top so we can get an idea how it would look against the hotel.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 1:13 PM
the heat goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskE30 View Post
Someone with Photoshop skills and some free time should take one of the many renderings of the condo and add four floors to the top so we can get an idea how it would look against the hotel.
Official renders should be out in January

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 2:27 PM

Anyone hear if there will a construction camera for this site?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskE30 View Post
Anyone hear if there will a construction camera for this site?
not sure yet.

im only interested in watching one once were back up to grade and crane(s) are in the air.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan