HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 7:27 PM
BANNED

Talking

The renderings I like to see are night renderings,for the new World Trade Center,there are not many night renderings,for example from Brooklyn Bridge...
Where will the Parking Garage entrance be located,I think its in the Transportation Hub,but where? Any rendering?
There are not many renderings of the Hub!!!
Will the restaurant and observatory Deck of One World Trade Center be taller than old ones ? And will they be known?like old ones ?
And the contreversal thing is about the observatory deck at the TOP OF THE TOWER ... Why there won't be an outdoor observatory ?
I think that I ever heard that there would be a surprise,u know,the designer said there would be a hiden surprise about this complex,is it true? What would it be,outdoor observatory deck,?? lol Thankkks !!! (L)

Just like that,how old r u the majority here ? Me i'm 16..Just to be sure !!! hahah !

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 7:28 PM
BANNED

Talking Worrying about the FAMOUS AND POPULAR view from Brooklyn Bridge...!!!

Dear American friends,the only things i'm worrying about the new World Trade Center, is the famous view from Brooklyn Bridge,what is it gonna looks like ? In google earth it gives u an Idea,that's the only view that I dont like and it's the most popular,u know the whole world recognise New York City by the Brooklyn Bridge and the skyline behind it!!!Any RECENT renderings from Brooklyn Bridge ? Thanks !!!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 7:39 PM

That rendering is STR's, and you will need to wait till STR shows you.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff900 View Post
Dear American friends,the only things i'm worrying about the new World Trade Center, is the famous view from Brooklyn Bridge,what is it gonna looks like ? In google earth it gives u an Idea,that's the only view that I dont like and it's the most popular,u know the whole world recognise New York City by the Brooklyn Bridge and the skyline behind it!!!Any RECENT renderings from Brooklyn Bridge ? Thanks !!!
Right. Well, when 2 WTC is finished, it will almost completely block the view of 1 WTC from the Brooklyn Bridge. You'll only see the spire and maybe a little bit of the roof of 1 WTC from the Brooklyn Bridge. It's my biggest gripe with this project, not a lot of people seem to care though, which is baffling to me. It really bothers me that you won't get to see America's new iconic building, its tallest building in fact, from the Brooklyn Bridge viewpoint.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 12:06 AM

Tower 2 won't be built for a while though.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
Tower 2 won't be built for a while though.
But it will be built. So we'll only get a few years of seeing Tower 1 from the Brooklyn Bridge before it gets obstructed. In fact I think the Beekman tower ruins the view by itself, but I won't get started on that. The bottom line is that the days of the Brooklyn Bridge being an iconic view of the Manhattan skyline are lost forever.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 12:49 AM

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 2:18 AM
DENNAB

So what are the top floors going to be used for if there is no observation deck/restaurant?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 2:24 AM

^This should help

One World Trade Center | Upper floors by Otie O'Daniel, on Flickr
edit: If you're refering exactly to the 102nd floor, no official information. Though a while back an article posted by NYguy gave us a hint of the possibility of using the 102nd floor as an extra for the observation deck.

Last edited by Otie; Sep 27, 2011 at 2:46 AM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:03 AM

They should have included a restaurant. I always wanted to eat in a restaurant on a skyscraper like the Windows on The World before 9/11, because I never got to eat there. I just don't get it. Wasn't the Windows on The World Restaurant the highest grossing restaurant in the whole world before 9/11.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
They should have included a restaurant. I always wanted to eat in a restaurant on a skyscraper like the Windows on The World before 9/11, because I never got to eat there. I just don't get it. Wasn't the Windows on The World Restaurant the highest grossing restaurant in the whole world before 9/11.
Listen, be thankful you can eat in a restaurant at all.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:48 AM

So is there going to be a restaurant on floor 102? No chance at all of an outdoor deck? Hope they change their minds about that!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:51 AM

They already checked the feasibility of putting an outdoor observation deck on the communications rings on the top. It turned out to be too expensive so they scrapped it. After that it was the restaurant's turn. Now all we are getting is something like a modern Empire State Building in Lower Manhattan. We already have one in Midtown Manhattan. This sucks, and blows.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
They already checked the feasibility of putting an outdoor observation deck on the communications rings on the top. It turned out to be too expensive so they scrapped it. After that it was the restaurant's turn. Now all we are getting is something like a modern Empire State Building in Lower Manhattan. We already have one in Midtown Manhattan. This sucks, and blows.
It's just a restaurant. Stop whining over such trivial things like its the end of the world.

Who the F would want to eat on a communication ring blasting out microwaves?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 6:36 AM

^sheesh, hasn't this been discussed enough?
And they weren't planning to put the restaraunt on the communications ring, anyway.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 9:08 AM
NYC to LA

Put sliding panels on 102nd floor..Open them, you have outdoor observation deck..You want restaurant? Close them..

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 11:14 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
^This should help

One World Trade Center | Upper floors by Otie O'Daniel, on Flickr

That's a bit off because the corners actually end right under the communications ring, they don't come together above the 104th floor but rather the "105th" or the glass parapet. So basically the corners turn into traingles/points 35 feet too soon.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dino Vabec View Post
Put sliding panels on 102nd floor..Open them, you have outdoor observation deck..You want restaurant? Close them..
John Hancock Center has the mesh-covered area on the observation deck facing south. It's nice to go in and look out while listening to the city. I think t hat's the absolute closest we'll get to an outdoor observation deck at 1 WTC.

As for the restaurant - people, don't kid yourselves. The plans were finalized before the change, and they'll probably just build the floor as designed so that when a restaurant does decide to move in, it won't require much extra work.

We'll get another Windows on the World, just give it time.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick989 View Post
But it will be built. So we'll only get a few years of seeing Tower 1 from the Brooklyn Bridge before it gets obstructed. In fact I think the Beekman tower ruins the view by itself, but I won't get started on that. The bottom line is that the days of the Brooklyn Bridge being an iconic view of the Manhattan skyline are lost forever.
it will still be iconic BECAUSE it has the BB AND the skyline, just not 1WTC. The whole Lower Manhattan skyline with the BB from that angle is iconic no matter what's in the picture.....IMO

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:54 PM
NYC to LA

Restaurant just needs good management and marketing..Location can't be more awesome..It just needs someone who can take advantage of it..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive