View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2009, 6:14 PM

Thanks for all the comments! I too had heard great things about Suisun City. And while not necessarily photographically as interesting, downtown Fairfield had a lot more pedestrian activity than I would have imagined. But, Vacaville was by far the most surprising, particularly since there are such low expectations from the freeway. It's good these gems are kept and revitalized despite being in a sea of surburbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
When's the thread on Locke, Walnut Grove & Rio Vista? I always wanted to do a thread called 'Bridges of Sacramento County'.
Haha...actually, I've been talking to one of my friends about joining me on a photo trip in that area, taking 160 from Sacramento, back to the East Bay and hitting those places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Is that a real lighthouse in Suisun City?
No, I think it's more or less decorative, though I believe there is an actual light in it at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
I eat at that Chinese spot whenever I'm at Travis. Also there is a sandwich shop near here that is also bad ass. Same goes for a place called monsoon burger

No Dixon though? Ohh that's right, Dixon gets its own thread
I grabbed a HUGE slice of pizza at some pizza shop downtown and it was really good as well. I was glad to see all those places open on a Saturday morning. Helps to draw people down there.

Ah, Dixon. For some reason I always thought it was in Yolo County and didn't realize it was in Solano until after I took all these pictures. I guess I should maybe check it out as I've clearly found you can't judge a place by its look from the freeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKidD View Post
Regarding the section in bold, that's the primary reason why I'm familiar with Suison City. Overall, the city has had quite an improvement in comparison for what it used to be.

Great thread, stepper77. Have you ever attended the air shows held at Travis? I'm sure they still conduct them, perhaps.
Actually, no, I've not gone. My family that lives in the area are more race car fans, so, I don't often hear of such things.