View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 9:46 PM
Only Mostly Dead

I have two issues with it:

1. The mixed-use pathway won't really work for pedestrians or bikers. You're never going to keep people in those lanes. There's plenty of room to separate those usages on either side of one of those rows of trees.

2.Who's going to want to hang out in an amphitheater in that location, especially once the pedestrian bridge is in place? It will almost always be in shadow and the bridge will feel like it's looming over you. It makes sense to create space where patients and visitors will feel comfortable spending time outside, but I don't think this will be one of those.

The north cul-de-sac looks difficult to get to yet takes up so much room. I wonder if they could get away with just the south drop-off? Even if it had to be bigger, it would take less space than having two. Removing the north drop-off allows you to move the amphitheater (or some other outdoor waiting area) further away from the south bridge. If you stick with the south-facing amphitheater, being close to the north bridge won't be an issue, which opens even more space.

It's a challenging space to work with. But I think they can make it better than this.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park