View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2008, 4:39 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
The building itself will see significant changes, including a new main entrance on Fourth Street. The building will also face outward more; restaurants along Fourth Street will have entrances onto the street, and the building will better incorporate the park at its back. With new glass façades on the first two floors, the Metreon will feel much more transparent.

“The building was developed with an inward orientation, and I don’t think it ever worked,” said Carol Gilbert, a broker with CGI. “Westfield is spending a great deal of money to make it work.”
This is music to my ears. This building not only ignores the street long Fourth and Mission, it practically gives it the finger. Just improving the interaction with the sidewalks would make a huge difference to the businesses inside, IMO. While not as bad, the entrances into the park can certainly be improved as well. Can't wait to see actual renderings, but it sounds good so far.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park