View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 4:20 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz View Post
I try to have some perspective but its hard at times when I now wake up to the beeping sounds and today they ran over the birdfeeder that was back there. Sure it was on what is now their land but we never got anything that said to remove what was back there.
bwahaha.. I'm sorry, this was just too funny. You knew it wasn't on YOUR land and was on THEIR land, why would you expect them to care enough to figure out if it was yours (as opposed to belonged to the previous land owner) and ask you to remove your stuff from THEIR land? You knew they were developing the lands, why would you not remove it yourself when you had the chance? I don't even need to go into the illegalities of placing something on someone else's land without permission. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Perhaps that could be the fault of the previous owners as they tried to play dumb and when filling out the seller info forms they said they were not aware of any upcoming development in the area...we feel a bit miffed as the previous owners had almost 20 years of the quiet field and as soon as we get here its construction city.
You have no one to blame but yourselves and perhaps your real estate agent. You are responsible to researching the area where YOU are purchasing in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz View Post
This is the first time we've bought a home and now we feel totally powerless as to what may tower over us blocking out the sun in the near future. Its all a bit stressful as we were pretty naive as to what it all entails.
Instead of whining and having fears about it now, you should try to figure out what is going to be built behind you (I'll bet it's a bunch of detached houses like yours). It's not like you have any say in what has apparently already been approved (with public consultation at the time of application) at this point. Go talk to the City Planning Department and ask to see the Plan of Subdivision for that area.

The only thing you can do now is as mentioned by Jeremy.

Flickr®