HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:00 PM

You know what? I think I would rather hear Philly (the leftist) and Schwollenpecker (the RINO) discuss their shopping habits than listen to one minute of how they want to add more government programs.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:09 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

So........................ are they dewetting the site yet?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a
So........................ are they dewetting the site yet?
nope. Almost, but not yet. At least not as of Sunday.

It looks like the plumbing is all in place.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:24 PM

Wow I think you've shown us all who you really are snfenoc. Who is really getting over the top with their insults in here? ..."hipurbanistjerk.com" or "limp-wristed"? Come on. I think we can see who is being stupid and bigoted here. I'm talking about cars and cities and you're talking about god knows what.

I'm not getting "caught up in the city environment” and how could I forget the city's purpose I live in the city. You don't and you clearly have a low opinion of them when you say that "A city is nothing more than a concentration of dwellings, offices, entertainment, places to trade goods and services, and people. It is nothing special. Cities serve those who live in and around them, that's it." No, that's the suburban wasteland you grew with. There's something special about a real city but I must admit Sacramento doesn't have 'it' yet and one of the reasons it doesn't is because of people like you.

And I don't want a perfectly controlled environment, where I can enjoy the “city beat” - that is an oxymormon. I think it's you who should leave the real city alone because you have contempt for it and the people who dwell in it. Do me and my friends a favor and stay out of the city. You can watch the skyscrapers rise from the back of your pickup truck while sipping your Folgers coffee and reading your 'Gun and Ammo'.

BTW besides Bangkok (which is bigger than NYC), I've also lived in New York City, San Diego and San Francisco. What cities have you lived in?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:28 PM
Kodachrome

Is this retarded Now it's, I've lived in more cities than you Give me a break

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:31 PM

Does Chico, Modesto, Marysville, and Vacaville really count though?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:43 PM

Ozone,
I drive a Toyota Corolla (40 mpg).

And if you think my bigoted words are wrong, then you just made one of my points: If it is wrong to refer to people like you as limp-wristed (to me limp-wristed does not mean "gay", it means "wimpy") or hip urban jerks, then why is it OK to refer to NASCAR fans as "country hicks"?

I lived in Portland and Seattle.

Orangevale is not a suburban wasteland.

Davis is hardly the sleepy hick town you think it is. It may be small, but it embraces the same kind of crap you do.

"Contempt" for a city? First of all, I do not have contempt for cities; I am just not willing to inflate their role. Secondly, I am sorry if the perceived "contempt" for cities hurts your feelings, but I do not think the cities care that much.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree but if it's any consolation, I'm right and you're wrong.

Last edited by snfenoc; Jun 14, 2006 at 2:00 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:45 PM

Guys can you take this into private messages? It has nothing to do with the thread anymore.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 9:35 PM

So this guy is talking trash about “limp-wristed” people and you are cutting on me for telling you the cities I’ve lived in? Gee I like your values.

And I talked about the cities I lived in before because, if you had bothered to read up, he was telling me that I didn’t know what a real city was. Yes well I do think it matters that I have actually lived in not one but a few “real” cities. Sorry if you are offended by that. It’s not bragging because I still haven’t lived in Paris or London yet which I personally consider two of the truly “real” cities of the world and I don’t consider myself that hard core of an urbanite seeing that I’m living here in Sacramento.

But this is the typical Sacramentian attitude. They only thing they are interested is the size of their own asshole. Only interesting people are interested new things and new perspectives.

Like the building of the ‘The Towers’ -the local yokels can’t accept that they’re going to be built in Sacramento until they see the cranes in the sky. It’s also just like when my cousins visited us from Kansas when I was a kid and they never wanted to do or see anything in California even though it was their first time here. All they want to do is sit at home and watch TV.

This small town attitude is what really turns a lot of talented people off from Sacramento. People in great cities are excited about being there. They are enthusiastic supporters of things that cities offer.

No maybe you’re right . We’d be better off with NASCAR and Pro Bass at the Railyards and Walmart at Downtown Plaza. But then again I’m just a hipsterjerk who doesn’t know anything.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone
So this guy is talking trash about “limp-wristed” people and you are cutting on me for telling you the cities I’ve lived in? Gee I like your values.

And I talked about the cities I lived in before because, if you had bothered to read up, he was telling me that I didn’t know what a real city was. Yes well I do think it matters that I have actually lived in not one but a few “real” cities. Sorry if you are offended by that. It’s not bragging because I still haven’t lived in Paris or London yet which I personally consider two of the truly “real” cities of the world and I don’t consider myself that hard core of an urbanite seeing that I’m living here in Sacramento.

But this is the typical Sacramentian attitude. They only thing they are interested is the size of their own asshole. Only interesting people are interested new things and new perspectives.

Like the building of the ‘The Towers’ -the local yokels can’t accept that they’re going to be built in Sacramento until they see the cranes in the sky. It’s also just like when my cousins visited us from Kansas when I was a kid and they never wanted to do or see anything in California even though it was their first time here. All they want to do is sit at home and watch TV.

This small town attitude is what really turns a lot of talented people off from Sacramento. People in great cities are excited about being there. They are enthusiastic supporters of things that cities offer.

No maybe you’re right . We’d be better off with NASCAR and Pro Bass at the Railyards and Walmart at Downtown Plaza. But then again I’m just a hipsterjerk who doesn’t know anything.
Hipsterjerks of the world unite!!!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 10:31 PM
Here we stAy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascraperdude
Guys can you take this into private messages? It has nothing to do with the thread anymore.
Amen to that. Too much pointless discussion going on.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 12:14 AM

Pointless it may be.. but what is more pointless than point out how pointless this pointless "discussion" is? What's my point? Actually, we are talking about things relating to cities -you know where dem skyscrapers are. But point well taken...I'm bored with myself.
I consider our little argument

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmotorsport
Amen to that. Too much pointless discussion going on.
Yes, I agree. I came to this forum to read about downtown sac construction not about someone's personal opinion on NASCAR or whatever!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 3:05 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Okay, my post was pretty ignorant, so I'm sorry about that. But, like Schmoe said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe
This is a pointless discussion. No one has proposed a NASCAR store downtown. It started as a joke, so it's a moot point. Leave it be!
This is going nowhere fast. So let's continue the conversation here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon12
nope. Almost, but not yet. At least not as of Sunday.

It looks like the plumbing is all in place.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 3:17 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Please continue your conversation here:

"Skybar - Sacramento non-construction discussion"
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=108213

Great place for random talk, politics, etc. We need to keep these threads to the projects themselves so when outsiders who are interested don't have to sift through pages of unrelated rhetoric.

Edit: Nevermind, the thread was closed down. Ramble continues in the construction information forums.

Last edited by enigma99a; Jun 14, 2006 at 5:00 AM.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 5:16 AM

It would be nice if a moderator could come into this thread and clean out all the non-Capitol Mall posts.

What is the latest on the construction timeline. Are they pumping out water yet?
Travelled to 19 Countries on Six Continents

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 6:04 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

What the hell is going on in this thread? People--knock off the obnoxious off-topic baiting and bickering.

Enough.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 2:22 PM

Obvious there is no news on the Towers right now. What's even more pathetic than our inane "discussion" is your complaining about it. Give us some news on the Towers then.

SNR
The two towers
by Bites

Bad altitude: “Later, as he sat on his balcony eating the dog, Dr. Robert Laing reflected on the unusual events that had taken place within this huge apartment building during the previous three months.” So begins High-Rise, the last of J.G. Ballard’s treatises on urban dystopia (Crash and Concrete Island being its predecessors), in which a high-rise building’s tenants tear up the social contract and begin engaging in full-fledged intramural warfare.

Although the image of a successful young professional noshing on the freshly roasted haunch of a neighbor’s Alsatian may not be the stuff that marketing dreams are made of, Bites can’t help thinking of Ballard’s prescient novel whenever another ad for Sacramento’s proposed twin towers appears on the horizon.

You’ve probably seen the ads for The Towers by now: billboards on which twin high-rises ascend from the clouds, complemented by one of three catchy slogans (“An Address with Altitude,” “The Place to Be in Sacramento” and--Bites’ personal favorite--“Where Donald Would Live”).

Never mind the sheer hubris that comes with building twin towers anywhere in the aftermath of 9/11. It’s the Donald reference that Bites really finds baffling. Call us cynical or call us realists, but Bites just doesn’t see Donald Trump settling down in Sacramento anytime soon. How about an ad for “Where Osama Would Aim” instead?

Then again, maybe this is just what downtown Sacramento really needs--not one, but two 53-story towers, each standing twice as tall as its surrounding neighbors. After all, who wouldn’t want to take advantage of massages, maid service and all those other amenities that, according to The Towers’ Web site, traditionally are reserved “for the privileged few”?

In any event, it will be a few years before The Towers become a reality, during which time we’re all encouraged to place a deposit on our favorite floor plan and ensure our residence in a building where condo units will be selling for as much as a million dollars each.

And don’t worry too much about that whole dog-eating thing. Ballard would be the first to admit that the collapse of his fictional high-rise was due in large part to a disparity in tenant incomes. Sounds like The Towers won’t have to worry about that.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 2:32 PM

A couple of other twin towers of Sacramento:

7th & P

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 4:50 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Mmmmmmm. Radioactive Wine. Argharghargharghargh!!!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area