HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted May 19, 2006, 10:28 PM

Exactly... if June 15th come around and the site looks the same, I'm going to be wondering about the sanity of Saca. If he intended to delay this long I dont see any reason why he would have people sign contracts with a hard set time line in it that he can't meet. It just make him look very incompetent.

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 2:51 AM

Thar She Blows

Guys Guys Please ! : Did anyone read Inov8's post about test pile driving at 601...Down goes the pile..up comes the water. And rememeber...Saca is 3 blocks closer to the river. Discovery park at the surface of the American was underwater in places until 10 days ago, so I think the heavy river flows have the water table unusually high for this late in the spring, so don't be surprised if there is no significant excavation/pile driving activity at the 301 site until late June or early July.

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 3:16 AM

Thats no excuse for absolutely zero work happening on the site right now.

Theres alot of cleanup work that still needs to be done on the site that the water level wont affect.

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 4:41 AM
Kodachrome

June will be the month... mark my words

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 5:29 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

I'll agree with you there

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmtbr
I'll agree with you there
I'll go out on a limb and say that there will be at least SOME activity going on by May 31. Even if it's just assembling equipment.

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 4:55 PM

seems to me that there will be some kind of dewatering going on, at the site, prior to excavation/pile driving to lower the water table?

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfmsac
seems to me that there will be some kind of dewatering going on, at the site, prior to excavation/pile driving to lower the water table?
Yes, and I've heard there is some concern about drawing in the contaminated groundwater plume eminating from the rail yard.

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 2:52 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

THIS WAS IN MY INBOX THIS MORNING -- JUST I'D SHARE...

Hello Friends,

At this time we are extremely pleased to announce that we are now officially OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, AND PHASE 3 IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!

In case you missed the news, The Towers on Capitol Mall has received all of our approvals, signed an agreement with a financing partner, and we have started to convert all of our pre-construction reservations into binding contracts. In addition, we have also announced that the InterContinental Hotels Group, California Family Fitness, and The Spa at La Borgata have all joined us at The Towers on Capitol Mall.

The Towers on Capitol Mall has become a reality, and with it comes the beginning of change in Downtown Sacramento. This is an extremely historic and exciting time for us all here in The Capitol City, and we couldn't be more proud to be such an instrumental and influential part of the future growth of our downtown region.

We believe that the success of The Towers on Capitol Mall, and other urban communities, will attract more retail and service oriented businesses downtown. It's pretty easy to understand, more people downtown equals more need for retail, restaurants, night life, entertainment venues and so on. Before you know it, Sacramento will become the city many of us have wanted to see it become for a very long time.

We also believe that The Towers on Capitol Mall will be the community that all others are compared to for many years to come. We have taken a great amount of time and consideration to produce a product that we feel will not only stand the test of time, but will also best meet or exceed the overall expectations for urban living that the people of Sacramento have expressed to us through the use of extensive market research and local surveys. From our rich upscale INCLUDED interiors, to our unmatched amenities, to the extensive panoramic views from heights that no other community can offer, we feel that The Towers on Capitol Mall has set the bar for urban living in Sacramento , and we have set it high.

Opportunities to own a piece of history don't come along too often, and I think we can all agree that Sacramento isn't getting any smaller as far as a population base is concerned. As Sacramento grows the demand for housing downtown will increase and with it will be an increase in cost. This is a rare opportunity to be ahead of the masses and to be involved in something that is truly spectacular!

We would like to invite you to visit us and see for yourself why we believe that The Towers on Capitol Mall will be The place to live in Sacramento for many years to come. Our Information Center and Showroom located at 455 Capitol Mall Suite #135 in Sacramento California , and our phone number is (916) 443-2200. Our doors are open to the public 10:00 am to 6:00 pm seven days per week, although, we do recommend calling ahead to schedule an appointment if your time will be limited.

As always, we would like to thank you for your time and your interest in The Towers on Capitol Mall...The place to live in Sacramento .

Sincerely,

The Towers on Capitol Mall Sales Team

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 7:54 PM

It sounds like they're happy about being a PART of a new "urban community" in downtown Sacramento. Of course, they want to pen themselves as the standard for the urban community. But, that's yet to be determined. This is a project that is really ushering in a change in the way of life downtown...and the developer and his people know that and it seems like they're happy to share this change with others.

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 7:57 PM

"We believe that the success of The Towers on Capitol Mall, and other urban communities, will attract more retail and service oriented businesses downtown. It's pretty easy to understand, more people downtown equals more need for retail, restaurants, night life, entertainment venues and so on. Before you know it, Sacramento will become the city many of us have wanted to see it become for a very long time."

Anyone with some inside knowledge have any nuggets or rumors or updates on what new retail may be coming?

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon12
"We believe that the success of The Towers on Capitol Mall, and other urban communities, will attract more retail and service oriented businesses downtown. It's pretty easy to understand, more people downtown equals more need for retail, restaurants, night life, entertainment venues and so on. Before you know it, Sacramento will become the city many of us have wanted to see it become for a very long time."

Anyone with some inside knowledge have any nuggets or rumors or updates on what new retail may be coming?
You may have said it in your own question...Nugget!(I hope!)

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon12
When I signed, I asked about possible retail coming in and was told they are talking to a very exciting "international company" that would be instrumental in bringing in more up-scale retail if they are to sign. The U.S. reps for the company had already visited and liked the project so were going to recommend it to the parent company. I have no clue what this could be but my sales person was giddy with glee talking about it. Any guesses?

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 9:45 PM

A European clothing store? Gucci, Escada, or Burberry?

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 9:53 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan
ikea,

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 10:50 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan
That's what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK
ikea,
That's...not...what I was thinking.

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 11:01 PM
my posse's on broadway

I thought someone here had a reliable source that said it was Tiffany & Co.?

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 11:09 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

^^ Yeah I remember that

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerDistrict
I thought someone here had a reliable source that said it was Tiffany & Co.?
They may be courting Tiffany's but Tiffany's wouldn't be the "international company." I think it's based out of New York City.

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 11:29 PM

When does Saca actually START building the towers? Late June?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area