HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

350 Mission Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 19, 2011, 9:43 PM
Only Mostly Dead

I wouldn't expect anything this soon. Maybe in the next couple of months?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jul 21, 2011, 8:00 PM

According to an SF Business Times article from June, they're searching for lease commitments for about 1/3 of the square footage before starting the project (i.e. between 100,000 and 150,000 square feet).

So, I wouldn't expect construction to start until the end of this year at the earliest.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2011, 12:25 AM
Only Mostly Dead

There you go. Thanks for the info minesweeper (on all the other projects too). And welcome to the forum!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 7, 2011, 3:54 AM

Some promising news from the SF Business Times:

Quote:
GLL getting closer to construction at 350 Mission in San Francisco

It’s too soon to say whether GLL Development & Management will take the plunge this year at 350 Mission St. The company has said it would like to pre-lease about 100,000 square feet before starting construction on the 27-story tower, a LEED platinum project designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill .
But just in case , GLL is getting its ducks lined up. The company has pulled two permits related to the project: one for the $597,000 demolition of the four-story Heald College building that currently occupies the site; and one for the $84.1 million construction of the new highrise.
Source and remainder of the article: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...ission-st.html

Old Posted Sep 7, 2011, 6:22 PM

That is very good news, thanks for posting. This building is one of my favorites currently proposed, let's hope it sees life soon.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2011, 5:56 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Curious if tenants were leaving the building yet, I walked by today. Happy Donuts is gone but everyone else is still there. Has anyone heard if Heald College has moved out? There's always been lots of students going in and out, but today I didn't see any signs of anyone in the elevator lobby or in windows on the upper floors. Also, I seem to recall some signage on or around the doors and didn't see anything. But that could just be poor memory.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2012, 2:04 AM

According to the planning docs, Heald planned to move out of the building by the end of 2010. Indeed, Heald's website lists 875 Howard as their address, and the "Heald" sign has been removed from the building for a while.

It's a bit disappointing that there hasn't been any real news on this project in 5 months. Although office space demand is strong, this project has only been mentioned in passing a few times:

Quote:
TMG ready to roll on $87M project (J.K. Dineen, SF Business Times, September 30, 2011)

Other entitled sites that the construction industry is watching include Tishman Speyer’s 222 Second St. and GLL’s 350 Mission St. Both could get going in 2012.
Quote:
Surging Macys.com seeks space for big S.F. expansion (J.K. Dineen, SF Business Times, November 18, 2011)

The San Francisco-based online division of Macy's is in the market for upwards of 250,000 square feet of office space to accommodate its explosive growth, according to market sources.

Macys.com could also be a candidate for a handful of ground-up office projects that are entitled and ready to go. These include Tishman Speyer’s 222 Second St., GLL’s 350 Mission St. and the final Foundry Square office site owned by Wilson Meany Sullivan.
Quote:
Salesforce lease could prompt new downtown tower (J.K. Dineen, SF Business Times, January 6, 2012)

With the 50 Fremont St. vacancy now off the table, the financial district is down to just a few blocks of space over 100,000 square feet...

Thus large tenants who want to be in the heart of the financial district will be under increasing pressure to look at new construction. Entitled towers that are ready to go include Tishman Speyer's 222 Second St., GLL's 350 Mission St., Lincoln Property Co.'s 350 Bush St., Wilson Meany Sullivan’s final Foundry Square building, and Beacon Capital Partner's 535 Mission St.
Has anyone who works near the building seen any more tenants move out or construction notices going up? Hopefully this one will break ground in 2012.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 10:00 PM

From a commenter at www.socketsite.com:

Quote:
Don't forget 350 Mission. http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...nning_com.html

I work in an adjoining building. A few weeks ago I received a notice regarding the demolition of the former Heald Business College building at that location. Can't wait for them to demolish it; the covered area that runs along the outside of the building is a virtual homeless encampment. Folks on the south side of our floor will lose their views of South Beach and beyond, though.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 10:52 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Such great news. Been waiting for that for a long time. Though short, this should end up as one of my favorites in the city.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2012, 12:33 AM

It's great to see some movement on this project. While I wish the tower were taller, I really like what they're doing with the tall, recessed lobby.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2012, 12:40 AM

I'm no expert in deciphering SF Planning's codes and permitting process, but it looks like the demolition permit was approved on 6/26:

Old Posted Aug 29, 2012, 4:34 AM

And now it looks like the permit to construct the new building has been approved too:

The Starbucks (340 Mission) in that building has apparently closed. It doesn't come up in Starbucks location finder any more, and Google says "This place is permanently closed." Also, the Noah's Bagels (99 Fremont) doesn't appear in their location finder either.

Perhaps construction is imminent?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2012, 6:33 AM
Only Mostly Dead

The building is completely empty. I walked by it today, looking for notices of imminent demolition but didn't notice any. Sounds like it shouldn't be too much longer though. Yea!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2012, 5:40 AM
heavy user of walkability

before photos

just a couple of shots of the site, since I was by there today. no activity, these are just 'before' pics:

this is looking north up Fremont:

Old Posted Sep 3, 2012, 8:56 AM

This might be my favorite imminent project in the city right now, it's good looking AND it pushed out a Starbucks.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2012, 7:07 PM

Thanks for the photos. I really hope this one gets going soon.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Kilroy Realty Corporation has acquired 350 Mission St. for $52 million and plans to develop up to a 400,000 square-foot, 27-story office tower there.
The 0.43 acre site is fully entitled and KRC expects to invest an additional $200 million developing the project, which is being designed by Craig Hartman of Skidmore Owings & Merrill. The building will feature floor-to-ceiling windows, column-free floor plates offering open-office high-ceiling layouts, and energy-efficient operating systems.
Source and article: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...t-site-at.html

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 5:44 PM

From Kilroy Realty's website: "Fully entitled project will allow for delivery by early 2015"

That seems like an ambitious schedule, but it will great to see shovels in the ground sooner than later.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 7:57 PM

Glad to see more progress! It's too bad they aren't building this to the full 700' height limit though. Instead of having a new shiny building visible on the skyline, it'll be hidden by taller buildings on all sides.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaktownRes View Post
From Kilroy Realty's website: "Fully entitled project will allow for delivery by early 2015"

That seems like an ambitious schedule, but it will great to see shovels in the ground sooner than later.
Since the permits are already pulled, this one could literally start next week, if they have a contractor lined up.

Hopefully they get the wheels turning quickly and get this rolling by the end of the year.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive