HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 21, 2015, 1:23 AM

Some Trinity III pics

I posted these in the compilation thread and was advised to post here as well, so...... here they are!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2015, 3:49 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Thanks, FF. Because of the perspective, your first shot gives a hint at the impact these will make to that block of Market. It will be such a sharp contrast having a wall go straight up compared to the low slung motel with parking along Market.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 11:05 PM

Interesting that Arquitectonica still has the original renderings on its website. Have not been able to find a good comprehensive set of renderings for the entire redesigned block - just a couple of angles of Phase 3 on Watry Design's website and just one of Phase 4 from roughly the Burger King across the street.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 12:21 AM
Only Mostly Dead

I can't really blame them. They're probably proud of what they initially designed. I can't image they want to be associated with what is actually getting built.

BTW, I found this, which I believe is an updated rendering of phase 3:

Source: Watry Design. They did the parking structure design.

If still accurate, we may see more of the elements that made phase 1 look so much better than 2. Still a shame to lose all the holes though.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 1:34 AM
dazzle me

i'm glad to see this go up for the housing units and street activation, but i'm sort of amazed that noone but me sees this as flamboyantly ugly, like to a point that's almost offensive.

also, i think the redesign to omit the 'holes' came because they shifted the phasing when the last financial crisis hit. the old phasing had the current second and third phases as a single phase, and breaking those up necessitated a redesign. i can't know, but i'd venture that between the architecture fees and the decrease in units in the redesign, it was probably a wash on cost.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 6:19 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very long weekend View Post
i'm glad to see this go up for the housing units and street activation, but i'm sort of amazed that noone but me sees this as flamboyantly ugly, like to a point that's almost offensive.
I certainly see the Phase 2 building that way--it's really bad.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2015, 7:53 PM

The project has become as attractive as a set of plaid golf pants. Too bad it is the way it has to be for such a massive set of structures in San Francisco.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 12:14 AM
Build Baby Build

About 60% of the way up.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 2:56 AM

Sangiacomo has died at 91.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 8:40 PM

My condolences, he is definitely leaving his mark.

Phase III seems like it is going to look better than Phase II. I’m going to take back what I said previously, and reserve judgement until the entire project, including Phase IV, is complete.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 7:52 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
My condolences, he is definitely leaving his mark.

Phase III seems like it is going to look better than Phase II. I’m going to take back what I said previously, and reserve judgement until the entire project, including Phase IV, is complete.
The mark he left on San Francisco over many decades, including this project, is sketchy at best.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 1:26 AM

Sorry, I don't intend "mark" as a judgement of quality or architectural significance, just the Trinity project alone is a fairly large mark he is leaving in San Francisco. I do see what you mean though.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2016, 7:30 PM

^Looks like that rendering above is correct.

Photos by Sergio Ruiz as of the end of January:

Market and 8th by SPUR, on Flickr

Polk and Grove by SPUR, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 10:45 PM

February 22, 2016 - In today's San Francisco Chronicle John King says that the San Francisco Planning Department refused to let the developer of Trinity Place dumb down the original design as submitted in 2006. King says the design is basically what was proposed in 2006 which is very good news. Hopefully what will be built is close to the original design. I am so glad that the Planning Dept. did the right thing and did not allow the bait & switch to happen!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
February 22, 2016 - In today's San Francisco Chronicle John King says that the San Francisco Planning Department refused to let the developer of Trinity Place dumb down the original design as submitted in 2006. King says the design is basically what was proposed in 2006 which is very good news. Hopefully what will be built is close to the original design. I am so glad that the Planning Dept. did the right thing and did not allow the bait & switch to happen!
Unfortunately, most of the development is already ruined.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Well, at least the Market St. side will supposedly look like the original vision.

More info

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 4:47 AM
Build Baby Build

It is moving fast.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Well, at least the Market St. side will supposedly look like the original vision.

More info
This is GREAT NEWS! Thanks to SF Planners for saving us from what would have been a huge disappointment. I do hope that this time reality will turn out about as good as the renderings.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 9:16 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

It really is great news, and the Market-facing slab is the only one that really matters. The portals through the facade are dramatic and will really provide a solid anchor for that entire part of a reviving Mid-Market.

Old Posted May 30, 2016, 10:03 PM

Trinity Place I, II, III

05/30/2016 - View from Howard & 9th Streets. The facing on III is almost complete. The SOMA Grand can be seen on the far right.

The Chevron gas station in the foreground has been repaired after a van burned at one of the gas pumps several months ago. The site is slated for a housing development.

Trinity Place I, II, III

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive