HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 7:30 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
Octavia and Oak? What is this project again?

our friend Parcel P

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 7:28 PM
urbanphile

The "skin" for 100 Van Ness showed up today and it's a lot darker then the renderings.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 8:34 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Good. I preferred the original darker green to the lighter version shown in later renderings (after input from Planning was incorporated).

PS: Nice catch!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 12:17 AM

Page St development

I was walking by Page between Baker and Broderick today. The abandoned building there has been torn down , there were earth movers busy and a Webcor sign up. Anyone knows what's planned for this site?

Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiprsf View Post
I was walking by Page between Baker and Broderick today. The abandoned building there has been torn down , there were earth movers busy and a Webcor sign up. Anyone knows what's planned for this site?
It's going to be the Early Childhood Center for the French American International School.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 3:30 AM

POLA's post - 100 Van Ness Avenue

Looking at the best images that I have of the plans there are dark panels & windows for the balconies only - hopefully this is the case and what is pictured is for that purpose only.

Six months ago I saw a window in a packing crate in the parking lot on Hayes next to 100 Van Ness. It was in a wooden crate & difficult to see from the street. I am told by someone in construction that it is usual to have a sample for on site. It is a very light tinted green? glass. Hopefully that is what will cover most of the building. We don't need another black or gray building in the neighborhood.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 7:04 PM

100 VAn Ness Avenue - 12/06/2013

The first panels are being installed today on the lowest level. I think (and hope) that this is the color only for the first few floors. As seen in the architects drawing submitted to the city of San Francisco there are gray panels on the lower level only. The drawing & photograph are of the east side of 100 Van Ness.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2013, 12:54 PM
Sonoma Strong

Ugh. Panels always make for a great pedestrian experience. /sarcasm

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 11:15 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Grabbed a shot of the new control tower at SFO on my way out of town yesterday. Unfortunately, it's from a distance, on a phone, through a tinted window.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Dec 9, 2013, 3:17 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

^That reminds me--Oakland has a new control tower now, too. Opened up last month I think.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 4:46 AM

Updated rendering of Trinity Place - Phase 3:

Source: http://www.swinertonbuildstomorrow.c...ase-3-kickoff/

I'm really bummed these building lost all of their signature Arquitectonica 'holes'.

Hopefully, this turns out well:
Quote:
A landscaped plaza will span between the towers of Phases 2 and 3 for a 40,000-square-foot green oasis amidst the concrete bustle of the neighborhood. Modern water features and sculptural elements of mythic proportions will make a visit to this urban garden no ordinary stroll in the park.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 6:54 AM

1977's post - Updated rendering of Trinity Place - Phase 3

1977 - Thanks for the update & picture. I have become very cynical about architectural drawings delivered to the city as the project seems to almost always change from the original design. I blame the city of San Francisco for not making developers build what they applied for. The design is not as nice as we were led to believe.

I was by the site today - a very large blue crane is onsite now with a smaller digger.

The new tenants of Phase 3 had better have good window blinds facing the Trinity Place headquarters on Market Street. Several weeks ago the glass pyramid atop the building was repaired and extremely bright lights were installed inside of it. It is blinding 2 blocks away in my apartment. The lights come on for 2-1/2 hours.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
I'm guessing! This proposal came before the design committee very late on a Friday afternoon, last item on the agenda, with blurry eyes, everyone eager to leave for the weekend?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 4:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
I'm guessing! This proposal came before the design committee very late on a Friday afternoon, last item on the agenda, with blurry eyes, everyone eager to leave for the weekend?
They were so tired, the board didn't even bother to vote on the staff recommendation to add Juliet balconies.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Updated rendering of Trinity Place - Phase 3:

Source: http://www.swinertonbuildstomorrow.c...ase-3-kickoff/

I'm really bummed these building lost all of their signature Arquitectonica 'holes'.

Hopefully, this turns out well:
I am confused about this rendering. Am i correct to say that this building is facing Mission Street? If so, what is the green park across the street. Is it just for esthetics?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskythelimit View Post
I am confused about this rendering. Am i correct to say that this building is facing Mission Street? If so, what is the green park across the street. Is it just for esthetics?
Pure deception, like everything else about this project.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 9:01 PM

Renderings often include non-existent green space which takes the place of existing buildings that would block the view of the building in the rendering. Though they could just leave those areas blank, instead of depicting them as covered in grass. You can see the same thing done in some of the renderings for Lumina.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 4:31 AM

I believe that phase 3 faces 8th street.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 6:26 AM

400 Grove

curbedsf and socketsite blurbed about the groundbreaking at 400 Grove at Gough, to fill in another Central Freeway parcel, across the street from Ivy in Hayes Valley. render courtesy socketsite:

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 6:32 AM

TransBay block 8

socketsite notes that the new request for proposals for TB block 8 got much more enthusiastic response this time around vs 2009. proposals/designs due Feb 26

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations