HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Crescent Heights North in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 1:02 AM

Looks like this is finally going to start!

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...iness+Times%29

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 1:20 AM

This is fantastic news!!!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 3:15 AM

Awesome news! Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 5:34 PM

And a new rendering thanks to desertpunk over at SSC:

Source: http://crescentheights.mobi/properties.html

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 7:23 PM

I think that this is probably the most important project to break ground since 2008.

Trinity is nice too, but because it's being phased it won't have the same effect as this single project with 750 units.

Jerry will get some nice views of construction from Fox Plaza, so we expect pics

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 7:42 PM

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing that rendering 1977. Hopefully it will make a positive change for things along that part of Market St.

It will be great to look south from Polk St and have the view lead right into the tower.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
I think that this is probably the most important project to break ground since 2008.

Trinity is nice too, but because it's being phased it won't have the same effect as this single project with 750 units.

Jerry will get some nice views of construction from Fox Plaza, so we expect pics
I completely agree about the importance.
That rendering looks great, much better than the others.
I do wish the new building covered more of the bare wall on that neighboring building though, but I shouldn't pick nits.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
And a new rendering thanks to desertpunk over at SSC:

Source: http://crescentheights.mobi/properties.html
Good news, but this render surprised me a little. Somehow I got it in my head that this extended all the way to Mission Street, but I guess not.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 2:00 AM

A larger and clearer rendering of the north side of the project:

Source: www.socketsite.com

Quote:
Somehow I got it in my head that this extended all the way to Mission Street, but I guess not.
There is another project proposed for that parcel (1400 Mission and Tenth).

Here is an older rendering:

Source: sf.curbed.com

I'm not sure where this project stands at the moment but here is a short write up from SF Curbed.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 2:26 AM

Thanks 1977, this looks quite a bit better than the old renderings.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 2:29 AM

It's great to hear that this one is finally going to start. I was starting to worry that it was never going get built.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 3:20 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Love the new renderings. 10th and Market will, if built, be the big deal of 2012. It's huge--750 new apartments on less than one full block. It's smart, utilizing Van Ness Station underground and the best-served intersection for streetcar and bus travel in the city. It's also changing the nature of the cityscape, removing one of the last two empty lots on Mid-Market and firmly cementing the Polk/Market/10th junction as a mixed-use, high-density residential neighborhood. It's a westward expansion of the high-rise core, so it will be visible from the north, west and south.

I like the skin and the form overall. It looks better than the prior set of renderings, IMO, but I do have one small critique--it would be way cooler if the full tower fronted Market Street. The setback robs us of a new peak along the Market Street canyon. But overall, it's a tremendous improvement.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 3:30 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Oh, and a couple points of snark on the twilight rendering:

*Marin in 2012 boasts snow-capped mountains
*All the floors on Fox Plaza are identical in height and appear to have been converted to offices

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 3:46 AM
Sonoma Strong

nice redesign. good eye fflint!

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 12:20 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
I like the skin and the form overall. It looks better than the prior set of renderings, IMO, but I do have one small critique--it would be way cooler if the full tower fronted Market Street. The setback robs us of a new peak along the Market Street canyon. But overall, it's a tremendous improvement.
Something else the setback does is create an open space on the corner. I hope they have a good layout and design for that area so it becomes appealing and useful, not deserted and wasted.

I'm incredibly excited to see this actually starting. It's been a long wait with many rumors of imminent work. Same architect as Millennium, no? Sure has a similar feel.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 10:54 PM

Has work begun on the site? It sure looks like it. Should we move this to Under Construction yet?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Projects aren't considered officially under construction on SSP until something permanent is built, like foundation work (piles driven or rebar installed). Site clearing, excavation, shoring, etc aren't enough to move it to the construction section.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 1:42 AM

Another rendering and some more info from www.handelarchitects.com:

Source: www.handelarchitects.com

Quote:
Located at the corner of 10th and Market Streets adjacent to the San Francisco Civic Center district, this residential rental complex will create one of the densest developments in the city at 754 units. The 9-, 12-, 22-, and 35- story towers contain mostly studios, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. The towers are unified at the base with a podium that houses two residential lobbies, common areas, and retail fronting both Market and 10th streets. The 30,000 sf of amenity space includes a fitness center, swimming pool, fire pit, and billiards room. There are three landscaped terraces - on the 3rd, 11th, and 24th floors - as well as private terraces for units located on those three floors.

Meant to infuse a young urban vibe into the neighborhood, the design is modem and technology-driven. The main 37-story tower was conceived to be a pinnacle at the intersection of five arteries. The shape has a sleek design featuring a state-of-the art integral glass curtain wall system with metal panel stripes, extending into the skyline with angular shards. The well-orchestrated facades, while aesthetically dynamic, create a desirable interior environment by optimizing the balance between heating load, cooling load and natural day-lighting.

The project is anticipated to be LEED Certified by the U.S. Green Building Council.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 5:05 PM

Looks good, thanks. I hope to see some renderings that aren't so dark so we can see it better. Will it always be dusk in the future?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 5:54 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Ha! It sure seems that way, doesn't it?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive