HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 1:32 AM
International

Sometimes, I feel like SSP is in the middle of an anti-grit civil war. Especially with all of the vitriol directed at Mr.John.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Nice. But instead of taking pics of the rundown pieces of crap that makes the city worse than it actually is, why not take pics of say the Prudential Center? How about NJPAC? The Marriott under construction on Broad St? The Gateway Complex? The new college housing already up near NJIT and Rutgers? The new Baxter Park development going up(you were basically there at the old Baxter Terrace projects)? You know, more modern stuff instead of the ghetto crap.
The Gateway Complex? Seriously? That hermetically-sealed, gerbil-tubed slab of vertical suburbia would crack my lens. I'll photograph it when they take a wreckingball to it.

If you want to take pics of those sites and make your own thread, by all means have at it. I'll go ahead photographing what I want to, which is always the older buildings and streetscapes. You'll note that I took many photos of decidedly non-ghetto historic buildings as well as the scruffier stuff that makes up a huge part of downtown. I see what I see.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 1:03 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Solid set.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 7:11 AM

thanks for answering my question guys

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 2:56 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Somebody tell this man the history of Newark. I always thought of it as an industrial satellite, but clearly it is/was/is more.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 2:08 PM

now that's a city!

great pics!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 6:41 PM
Gatinois et fier

first time i see so much of Newark.thanks for sharing.

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 485 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ms AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundertubs View Post
The Gateway Complex? Seriously? That hermetically-sealed, gerbil-tubed slab of vertical suburbia would crack my lens. I'll photograph it when they take a wreckingball to it.

If you want to take pics of those sites and make your own thread, by all means have at it. I'll go ahead photographing what I want to, which is always the older buildings and streetscapes. You'll note that I took many photos of decidedly non-ghetto historic buildings as well as the scruffier stuff that makes up a huge part of downtown. I see what I see.
Bravo!!!!!!

Great thread by the way!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
Sometimes, I feel like SSP is in the middle of an anti-grit civil war. Especially with all of the vitriol directed at Mr.John.

Many, including myself would like to see all these older things look cleaner, getting more care. Grit just often feels frustrating, that's all. As said in previous comments, there's a stock of pretty oldies in there...
Once I visited Atlantic City which didn't impress me at all, and missed this thing I would have enjoyed. That's just wrong. At first, I've been a little surprised to see this historic downtown core in this thread but after thinking for 2 seconds, Newark is of those names you hear of from time to time. Not often, but the name is kinda known though, even in Europe.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos