HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 7:15 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Aside from adding housing to an area that really needs it the best thing about this project is that it's going to help hide the Federal Building from certain angles. Too bad about the holes though. I often wonder how a developer can get away with not building according to the plans that they won approval for. Couldn't there be a hefty fine imposed if they pull stuff like this?
I love the Federal Building and certainly don't think that's the best thing about this project, although I'm very happy that it is being built.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
I love the Federal Building and certainly don't think that's the best thing about this project, although I'm very happy that it is being built.
I'd loved it too --if it were in LA.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 8:08 PM
testify

?? the federal building is one of sf's most beautiful pieces of architecture, certainly the most spectacular high midrise tower in the city.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2012, 8:13 AM
heavy user of walkability

was by here on Sunday... exterior still going up quickly:

as seen from near Market:

Old Posted Aug 29, 2012, 9:26 AM

Wow, this one's come quite a ways. Thanks. Can anyone find out why they aren't doing the holes?
I too love the Federal Building!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 7:03 AM

we're a few floors taller, but they don't seem to have made much progress on the external stuff since the last photo update a month ago:

as seen from Mission looking east:

Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 6:36 PM
testify

^ man, what an imperious dominion that thing casts over that mission street view. every time i walk by there, i try to discern whether the tenants in the adjacent low rise rental have vacated it yet, wondering when the next phase will begin. there's this hammer coming down on the civic center flotsam here, as the cvs moves into the oddfellows, this one is built out with ground floor retail and the federal building reopens. more normal people than ever in the hood, but fewer places than ever for them to hang out without immediate police/private security harassment. so sweet. seriously, even though he's reputed to be one of the biggest scumbag slumlords in the city, the trinity place guy deserves some sort of recognition for bringing in 2000 new sets of eyes and ears to the hood.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy as pie View Post
^ man, what an imperious dominion that thing casts over that mission street view. every time i walk by there, i try to discern whether the tenants in the adjacent low rise rental have vacated it yet, wondering when the next phase will begin. there's this hammer coming down on the civic center flotsam here, as the cvs moves into the oddfellows, this one is built out with ground floor retail and the federal building reopens. more normal people than ever in the hood, but fewer places than ever for them to hang out without immediate police/private security harassment. so sweet. seriously, even though he's reputed to be one of the biggest scumbag slumlords in the city, the trinity place guy deserves some sort of recognition for bringing in 2000 new sets of eyes and ears to the hood.
I spoke with one of the workers a couple months back, and he thought the low rise on market and 8th would be vacated Nov-Dec, and torn down end of this year, early next. Hope he's right.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy as pie View Post
This complex is Sangiacomo's final gift to the city. The other, conversely, are our rent control ordinances. It will be a lovely space when completed. The synergies of the twitter hq, Market Place and Trinity Place will have significant impact on mid-market. In more ways than Chris Daly could have prevented.
(and yeah, I still hate Daly)

Old Posted Oct 12, 2012, 3:26 PM

Angelo Sangiacomo ready to go on third Mid-Market tower
San Francisco Business Times by J.K. Dineen

Quote:
The completion of Trinity’s next 417-unit building is still eight months away, but already the San Francisco developer is gearing up to start the next two phases: A 1,450-car underground garage and a 19-story, $133 million tower with 570 studio and one-bedroom apartments at 33 Eighth St.

Trinity Properties has served notice to the existing residents of the Trinity Plaza building — formerly the Del Webb Townhouse motel — that they need to vacate by the end of November.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 6:12 AM
Only Mostly Dead

SocketSite has the revised rendering for Phase II:

Between that and their latest construction shot, it's clear the holes are gone (note the beige panels where the lower "bridge" should be):

Too bad.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 6:34 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Big squares.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2012, 4:03 AM

a pic from a few days ago. I'm still a little about this project.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2012, 9:05 PM
Build Baby Build

I can see this thing going up outside of my apt. It's pretty ugly, but I do have hopes that at night time the center glass square will light up, perhaps making up for the bland colors in the daytime. I would call the two exterior colors 'sidewalk gray' and 'community center beige'.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2012, 10:58 PM

In my opinion it's just "inoffensive", like so much other stuff that gets built in SF. It's not exactly ugly, but it's not that good looking either. It's a shame they value-engineered the unique design elements away.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
-
Looks very California

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 1:50 AM

I walked by the market st part of this complex today and it looks like they are getting ready to begin demolition of the next building. the construction trailers were set up in the parking lot at the corner of 8th and market. guess it could start any day.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 6:14 AM

copying here Jerry's post from the main run-down forum, on the same topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Today, 12/10/12, construction trailers were moved to the site of Trinity Place. I suspect that Phase III may be happening soon with the teardown of the now empty Trinity Plaza. I'll keep an eye on the property. Picture from my apartment.

Trinity Place by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/antinous/]

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 6:27 PM
Build Baby Build

From 12/10/12.

It's a little grainy, but that is an iphone picture from my apt. You can see that the roof facade has begun to go up. It's going up very fast and I expect all of the non-glass facade to be complete by the end of next week. Glass panels have been moving around on the crane as well but I cannot see where they are being installed just yet.

From 12/11/12

Here we can see the progress of under 24 hours. I am quite impressed. This building will probably be open for business by summer time.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
testify

man, it bears repeating: the large number of incoming market rate units in mid-market will bring improvements that are hard even to fathom at this point. another 10,000 people living around the civic center, it sets the heart to racing. imagine how many normal businesses these people could support? half of the battle in gentrifying around here is blowing out the sleazy shops that anchor a block's popularity with the undesirable element.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive