HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 4:55 PM

^ I'm thinking the Tims got to be more trouble than it's worth, given that the restaurant space occupies concourse real estate that might otherwise be used for new and different arena amenities.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 6:26 PM

I think we all seen that coming when the City Place Tims was opening. That said, it looked super busy pregame last night when I was waiting for the bus on Graham.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 8:20 PM

Let's put it this way: there is not a single standalone Tim Hortons in Phoenix, the weather is around 23 C out yet the longest line for concessions in the Coyotes game is by far the Tims in the arena for hot coffee and Tim Bits.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2016, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Let's put it this way: there is not a single standalone Tim Hortons in Phoenix, the weather is around 23 C out yet the longest line for concessions in the Coyotes game is by far the Tims in the arena for hot coffee and Tim Bits.
Well they know where their ticket sales are... buttered...?

Old Posted Jan 23, 2016, 7:41 PM

Anyone know what's going up where the Arby's was on Regent? There's a steel frame there, looks like the shape of a bar and grill type of restaurant, of which there are about 12 in a short walking radius.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2016, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny D Oh View Post
Anyone know what's going up where the Arby's was on Regent? There's a steel frame there, looks like the shape of a bar and grill type of restaurant, of which there are about 12 in a short walking radius.
info is here

http://www.cushmanwakefieldwinnipeg....eg-MB-0-0-0-0/

medical in back, retail in front

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Well they know where their ticket sales are... buttered...?
You are referencing the Smoke's Poutinerie that is immediately next to the Tims in the Glendale arena, right.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 6:00 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
info is here

http://www.cushmanwakefieldwinnipeg....eg-MB-0-0-0-0/

medical in back, retail in front
Sounds like the opposite of a mullet.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 8:21 PM

Quote:
You are referencing the Smoke's Poutinerie that is immediately next to the Tims in the Glendale arena, right.
No I mean that they know the majority of their paying fans attending games are Canadians either on holiday or cheering on their own teams, so they want Tims, lol.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 8:52 PM

Actually was at a Wild v Coyotes game in Glendale on the President's Day long weekend. The visiting fans are definitely not just from Canada.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 5:09 PM

We had talked about it before. Mary Brown's Chicken on Reenders/Regent is having their official grand opening this Saturday.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Actually was at a Wild v Coyotes game in Glendale on the President's Day long weekend. The visiting fans are definitely not just from Canada.
I saw a Red Wings game there on Spring Break, it was all Canadian Wings' fans. Guess it depends what holiday you're there on lol.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
Just noticed last weekend the Quiznos by Ferry St is closed. That was one of the first ones I remember being in the city.
Wonder how many are left in the city? And how many were there at one time? I don't mind it, they always get a lot of hate though. Meat isn't the greatest though. I know some Asian couple bought the one on Regent, I doubt it's doing any better. THe stripmall there is a pretty crappy one in general though.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 7:54 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Couldn't afford the $7 subs at Quiznos in 2013.

My friend liked going there though.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie88 View Post
Wonder how many are left in the city? And how many were there at one time? I don't mind it, they always get a lot of hate though. Meat isn't the greatest though. I know some Asian couple bought the one on Regent, I doubt it's doing any better. THe stripmall there is a pretty crappy one in general though.

The only two others I can think of off the top of my head are a) Henderson Hwy by Sutton ave and b) West side of St James around Ellice or Sargent.

There was also one by the Wal-Mart on Regent (now the Burrito Splendido location) but that Quiznos went under in 2014. Before it went for Sheriff's auction it was for sale for $129,900.00 with apparently no takers.

I also recall reading that the Quizno's company itself is also in financial difficulty and was being taken to court by its franchise owners for all sorts of issues.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 5:42 PM

There's a Quiznos at Unicity and one across from St. Vital Centre.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 7:07 PM

Which one on Regent you guys talking about? There is currently one beside the Cambrian down closer to Plessis. The one in the strip mall by Wal-Mart, next to Sals, closed a while back.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 8:00 PM

Quiznos basically never spent enough on advertising in the local markets, not just Winnipeg. It also doesn't seem to have as strong corporate processes and systems as Subway. Very similar story to Robins v Tims.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 8:25 PM

6 still in the city. One on Kenaston in addition to the others mentioned. IIRC Quiznos toasted their subs before Subway had that option which was their differentiator.

I'm pretty sure the Subway on Graham used to be a Quiznos. Only one I've been to.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 11:46 PM

Quiznos on Graham was where the Hydro building is now. Moved over to MTS Centre opposite the Tims and closed several years back now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan