HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
across Folsom from Mosso something is going up next to the new fire station:

I've lost track of what this will be
Nice! I didn't know this had broken ground.

923 Folsom

http://trumarkurban.com/portfolio/923-folsom/

www.socketsite.com

And from the alley - Shipley

www.socketsite.com

Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 1:57 PM
Metal Up Your !

I hadn't seen this posted before, but while commuting, I noticed work being done at the Moscone Center. They recently put up signs of what the work is for, and that led me to their site.

I never liked the look of it, so it's good to see a renovation coming out of nowhere.

http://mosconeexpansion.com/project_images

Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 6:48 PM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
I hadn't seen this posted before, but while commuting, I noticed work being done at the Moscone Center. They recently put up signs of what the work is for, and that led me to their site.

I never liked the look of it, so it's good to see a renovation coming out of nowhere.

http://mosconeexpansion.com/project_images
Wow...glad to see that has begun, although it's not really coming out of nowhere. It's been discussed on here for the last couple years. It's not just a renovation but a major expansion mostly on the SE side. The design was altered last year due to shadow concerns on the children's park.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 7:25 PM

Trinity Place IV

No, not drilling for oil. On Sunday I saw 2 drills taking soil cores in preparation for Trinity Place IV.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 9:46 PM

Looks like prep work has also started on the Park Tower. I saw them tearing up some concrete last week.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 11:41 PM

Hey Jerry - it looks like the wraps have come off of the building across the street from you (101 Polk). Any chance you've taken any new photos? Would love to see it from your vantage point!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 1:13 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
Hey Jerry - it looks like the wraps have come off of the building across the street from you (101 Polk). Any chance you've taken any new photos? Would love to see it from your vantage point!
My name is not Jerry, but I took these today on my way home from work just for you!

This is Market Street Place...no progress.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
My name is not Jerry, but I took these today on my way home from work just for you!
Haha - thanks, fimiak!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 6:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterD View Post
101 Polk - Here is a view from the 14 floor of the Essex Fox Plaza laundry room. I like the building very much except for the gray cladding on the first 3 floors, which to my eye looks too much like gray mud. I like the metal bean above the 3rd floor with the double rivets in gray.

It will be nice when the mural on the Academy of Art wall, which is hidden by the black tarp on the left, is view able again. Unfortunately 2/3 of it is lost from view forever.

101 Polk Street

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 7:09 AM

The Old AAA Building Demolition - 09/14/2015

The old AAA building mechanical room is now being demolished. The noise is very loud. Lots of dust. So glad I don't live on that side of the Fox Plaza, though I still get a lot of dust in my apartment. It will be quite awhile before work on the new 13 story building will commence. The old Commerce School is visible in the background.

150 Van Ness 09/14/2015

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
101 Polk - Here is a view from the 14 floor of the Essex Fox Plaza laundry room. I like the building very much except for the gray cladding on the first 3 floors, which to my eye looks too much like gray mud. I like the metal bean above the 3rd floor with the double rivets in gray.

It will be nice when the mural on the Academy of Art wall, which is hidden by the black tarp on the left, is view able again. Unfortunately 2/3 of it is lost from view forever.
Thanks, Jerry! That's a handsome building.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 6:38 PM

Edit.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2015, 1:57 AM

SF kills live auction for $200M Transbay highrise site, but here's who is ...

any news on parcel F?

sorry, i found the thread on this...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 2:30 PM

101 Polk Fully Unveiled

101 Polk can now be seen fully after months shrouded in a black veil. I notice today that one balcony has the rails. A few days ago there were three installed. Something must has gone wrong. I like it very much. After 44 years the parking lot is gone! This view is from the 14th floor of the Essex Fox Plaza.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yC6TER]

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
101 Polk can now be seen fully after months shrouded in a black veil. I notice today that one balcony has the rails. A few days ago there were three installed. Something must has gone wrong. I like it very much. After 44 years the parking lot is gone! This view is from the 14th floor of the Essex Fox Plaza.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yC6TER]
Is that the final product on the roof? With most of the mechanical equipment on the outside of the screen?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 8:00 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^ I was wondering about that too. I assume all the equipment to the right is construction related. But those four big HVAC units (including the two on the far wing) all being outside seems odd, especially the two in the foreground. Seems like they could have easily extended the screening to cover those two at least. Could there be air circulation reasons for doing that?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 6:39 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Looks like the Pagoda Theater site in North Beach will get started this year. Too bad this isn't going to be the future site of a Muni station. Perhaps the parking lot on the corner can one day fill that purpose? Housing is good, but it could have been built atop a station. Anyway, some interesting tidbits in this posting from Hoodline:

Quote:
Plans are on track to turn the Pagoda into The Palace at Washington Square, a development with 19 luxury condos, a roughly 4,700-square-foot restaurant and a maximum of 27 underground parking spaces.

Martin Kirkwood, real estate broker for the site's owner, Joel Campos, said financing is in place from a "major retail bank," city approvals are all set and the plan is to break ground by mid-November. "We’re just waiting for a permit to be approved at the Department of Building Inspection, and we’ll be in," he said.

-----------------

Kirkwood said that Campos is in talks with several big-name chefs to partner with him in the restaurant space, and is developing the condos himself with the financing. The residential portion—four floors of luxury condos above a ground-floor restaurant—will include two one-bedroom units, two three-bedroom units and 15 two-bedroom units, each running about 1,300–1,500 square feet. (Campos will pay the in-lieu fee for affordable housing.)

-----------------

No renderings are available yet, but Kirkwood said that "we’re still following the intent and the spirit of what was approved," despite some modifications to exterior finishes and interior design. (Renderings are not required to obtain building permits, according to the Planning Department.) The Board of Supervisors allowed a height extension from 40 to 55 feet, which was the original height of the Pagoda.
It also mentions that the marketing website should be up in November, at which time we should see the latest renderings.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 10:14 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Sure seems quiet in the SF threads, considering how much is going on. Anyhoo, here's another small project that recently got started: the Commonwealth Club's long-awaited renovation of their future home on the Embarcadero.

Here's an image of what it will look like, from Hoodline:

They are supposed to be done by the end of next year.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2015, 12:55 AM

yeah...you said it. tragic....or better said, such a huge, missed opportunity.
not sure if the folks on here know anything about TBM technology.
while the Tunnel Boring Machines were in the ground, it would have actually
cost nothing (incrementally) to have built the tunnels out to fisherman's wharf.
Later, as with the three current stations, they could have then cut into the tunnel
and built the north beach and fisherman's wharf stations. Personally, i don't think
the subway makes sense only going as far as chinatown.
just wait till the folks in chinatown learn that the platform is close to 9 stories underground. yet, if it were built out to fisherman's wharf and north beach, the trek
through the mazes to get to the platforms would have been worthwhile.

source: SFMTA website

Last edited by boyinthecity; Oct 8, 2015 at 1:20 AM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2015, 4:18 AM

It's pretty underwhelming, but I'm glad to see Commonwealth Club is starting.

Better than a vacant building, but we could have had what was then being touted the "Greenest Building in the West". Oh well.

Source

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations