HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Ryugyong Hotel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Pyongyang Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkoto View Post
It seems like half the news articles I've ever seen about this building mention something about the concrete.

And I'm sure it could all be dismissed as speculation or propaganda, but if you look at some of the photos already posted, the appearance of some of the building doesn't help.
That's true. . . but shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone. . . Marina City, here in Chicago, was left unattended for years (while occupied) and had major 'concrete crumbling' problems. . . I remember walking down Dearborn Street and seeing chunks of concrete along the sidewalk the size of bricks. . . they managed to repair that and get the return the complex to it's original state so I don't see any reason why they can't do that with this building in North Korea. . .

. . .

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive