HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 9, 2008, 6:08 PM

The 4S website actually has a couple of recent construction photos:

http://residences.fourseasons.com/pr...te_photos.html

Old Posted Dec 29, 2008, 7:29 AM
Robotic Construction

I did a new update to the rundown on the first post of page one of this thread, check it out!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2008, 2:49 PM
no its not...

nice job as usual

Old Posted Dec 29, 2008, 3:04 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Nice update, hopefully we'll get some concrete news on T2 in the next couple of months.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 2, 2009, 6:11 AM
Mile High Guy

Is it possible to include 1900 16th in the future skyline rendering? That will definitely have an impact from that skyline angle.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2009, 7:29 PM

I would actually need a new photo, since all of these have gone vertical.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 11:59 PM
Robotic Construction

Here is a nice photo update by rds70 which i wanted to share with everyone over here in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Here are some construction update photos from today:

First a pano from an angle I haven't taken for a while:

1800 Larimer:

1900 Sixteenth:

Four Seasons:

Spire:

Finally, the mystery Solera project site:

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 12:33 AM
Pacific Wonderland

Too bad Tabor II didn't make it out of the ground in this biz cycle. Otherwise, Denver is looking good.

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 12:49 AM
Robotic Construction

Here's details for the projects photoed above, in order they are shown:

-1800 Larimer:
A 22-story, $150 million, office high-rise with 500,000 SF of LEED Platinum office space.
Current status: Under-construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.denverinfill.com/blog
The moment many of us have been waiting for has arrived. Westfield Development has just officially announced that Xcel Energy has agreed to lease approximately 350,000 square feet of 1800 Larimer's total 500,000 square feet.

Site prep work has been taking place at the 18th and Larimer location on Block 066 for several months now, but until today Westfield had not made any official acknowledgment that construction had started. With today's announcement, it will be full-steam ahead for 1800 Larimer toward its 2010 completion.

Here's the full press release issued moments ago by Westfield: 1800 Larimer Press Release...
Courtesy: DenverInfill.com

NOW UNDER-CONSTRUCTION!
-1900 16th Street:
Current status: Under-Construction located in LoDo on the edge of the CBD sandwiched between LoDo and the Union Station (CPV) redevelopment. This is one block from Union Station, making it a prime downtown location. This is a tall building for LoDo and will impact it's skyline.
Photo Credit: Okayyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Business Journal
Trammel Crow begins work on $100M LoDo project
The Denver Business Journal
by Paula Moore
The Trammell Crow Co. of Denver has broken ground on the $100 million first phase of its 1900 Sixteenth Street office building in downtown Denver's Central Platte Valley, according to the developer.
The project's initial phase will include an 18-story, 335,000-square-foot building at 16th and Delgany streets. It will include some 10,000 square feel of first-floor retail space, as well as about 1,200 parking spaces on three underground levels and three levels above ground.
The structure is scheduled to be completed in late 2008....
CLICK LINK ABOVE (OR HERE) FOR COMPLETE STORY AND DETAILS!!!
[/B]

-Four Seasons Hotel & Residence:
45-stories, plus three smaller "lantern decks". It is currently designed to top out at 565'-10" to the Crown, with the spire extending above that for a structural height of 640'-10" -- it will cost $350 million - which will make it the most expensive privately funded building ever built in downtown Denver. Currently Under-Construction

Courtesy: CPVLIVE

Courtesy: The Dirt (12-28-2008)

Time-lapse Courtesy: The Dirt

[B]-Spire:
41 stories and 477' 11" tall, to the structural top. Spire will include 503 condos and 714 bedrooms. The Spire will be one of the tallest [100%] residential towers between Chicago and Las Vegas. This building will cost $175 million to construct.
Currently Under-Construction.

Courtesy: CPVLIVE

Courtesy: The Dirt (12-28-2008)

Courtesy: Okayyou

Solera Project? It's a mystery I guess...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 1:09 AM
Robotic Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
Too bad Tabor II didn't make it out of the ground in this biz cycle. Otherwise, Denver is looking good.
Very true, but I think it could be a good thing it didn't. The Denver market has not been over-built and remains strong. The contraction of the economy will mean the absorption of new space coming online will take longer than originally projected. As the economy hits bottom and slowly begins recovering over the next two years, the under-construction projects will fill up and their will be a shortage of office supply for a short while, as no new proposals are breaking ground.

If Callehan breaks ground on Two Tabor at just the right time, it will be completed at a time the economy is well into recovery, yet long before any competition completes any other projects. With it's key location, only blocks from Union Station on the edge of LoDo and a half block off 16th Street mall, this location has been rated one of the top 10 development sites in the nation.

The location is so good, that Callahan actually received financing for this tower in this credit crunch and recession and did so without an anchor tenant or any pre-leasing. The developer turn the financing down, with the belief that more favorable financing options will become available sometime in teh next few years.

With Union Station expansion being scheduled for completion in 2012, but it's office components not scheduled to come online until 2014, there will be a two year gap without major office space coming online in what is likely to be a high demand time. The original completion date of two Tabor was scheduled for 2010. A two or three year delay would bring this project to completion in 2012 or 2013.

meanwhile, the developer is moving forward with converting the existing food court (which will connect the existing tower with Two Tabor) into some ground floor retail and 2nd floor into the second Colorado Athletic Club downtown location. This will result in about 1,000 more weekday workers hitting downtown streets such as the 16th Street mall during lunch time. In other words, phase one is moving forward. Phase two is on hold, but the foundation and parking structure is already in place for the proposed tower--it will get built.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 4:49 PM
Robotic Construction

Are you finding it a challenge to visualize just how much of an impact on Denver's skyline, this mini-boom has had over the last four years?

Well forumer, Okayyou worked with a panoramic photo which rds70 took ~4 years ago and then did an overlay .gif with a new pano rds70 recently took from the same perspective. I must admit, the resulting densification of the Denver skyline in only a 4 year period was surprising to me. Here it is, courtesy of photographer rds70 and photo editor Okayyou:

Last edited by SnyderBock; Feb 4, 2009 at 11:32 PM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 4:08 PM
Mile High Guy

The overlay photo is awesome. Very well done! Can't wait to see those towers rise and finish out. The lower height density is also commendable in this photo.

Last edited by CONative; Feb 24, 2009 at 6:54 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 5:15 PM

Denver Visit!

Hey Denver forumers. I'm coming to Denver for the weekend from Philly and I'll be getting in early evening tomorrow night (Thursday). If anyone one could pm me and tell me any worthwhile architectural highlights to check out and any nice bars/Denver-specific food items to try i'd really appreciate. Thanks in advance for your help.

*and checking out the construction of your urbane downtown, i'm really excited to experience walking around there.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2009, 11:03 PM
Mile High Guy

Hey DieselPolo - You should go into the Mountain West section under the Denver Construction thread for your request. Unlike other cities in this "city compilations" section, this thread is not utilized often by the Denver forumers.

You should be running into nice weather though. It's been in the 60's and 70's for a while in Denver.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2009, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
Are you finding it a challenge to visualize just how much of an impact on Denver's skyline, this mini-boom has had over the last four years?

Well forumer, Okayyou worked with a panoramic photo which rds70 took ~4 years ago and then did an overlay .gif with a new pano rds70 recently took from the same perspective. I must admit, the resulting densification of the Denver skyline in only a 4 year period was surprising to me. Here it is, courtesy of photographer rds70 and photo editor Okayyou:

I'm going to try and list out all of the visible changes from left to right.
Glass House (built)
1900 16th St (under construction)
1800 Larimer (under construction - only the crane is visible)
1515 Wynkoop (built)
1400 Wewatta (built)
1600 Glenarm (renovated)
Four Seasons (under construction)
The Spire (under construction)

Did I miss anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONative View Post
Hey DieselPolo - You should go into the Mountain West section under the Denver Construction thread for your request. Unlike other cities in this "city compilations" section, this thread is not utilized often by the Denver forumers.

You should be running into nice weather though. It's been in the 60's and 70's for a while in Denver.
Did you get any response DieselPolo? How was your trip?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2009, 3:41 AM

denver trip recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post

Did you get any response DieselPolo? How was your trip?
Thanks for asking! It was so great. I can't say enough good things about Denver and all the neat things i noticed. Checked out the national jewish museum building. did 16th street mall (not necessarily that impressed with that portion, but it served its purpose). liked the highlands neighborhood a lot.

I also noticed that there seemed to be shopping centers discreetly integrated into neighborhoods and not a lot of massive big box centers. That was cool. the sidewalks in some residential neighborhoods looked to be 3' wide which made them just look like thick curbs.

Also drove by Cherry Creek mall and the new development which shocked me in that midrises were seemingly integrated into lowrise neighborhoods. I loved the architecture that was going on in the neighborhoods tho.

Also went to Breckinridge (which was beautiful) and then Boulder...which was beautiful. seriously tho, Boulder was all sorts of beauty from their urban plan to their location right at the foot of the mountains. breathtaking. Went out on saturday night to Maloney's downtown. the street was packed with other revelers.

so yes, in short, i had a really good time.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 10:00 PM

You can also see Sugar3 in that time lapse. It's between 1515 Wynkoop and 1400 Wewatta.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2009, 3:06 AM

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 7:25 PM
no 90° buildings!

thought I'd add in some great photos of Denver i took

Last edited by Cos_Denver; Mar 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 9:05 PM
Up Up and Away

Sorry, I get boxed x's.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations